Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The all-new Jaguar F-PACE helped propel Jaguar Land Rover to its best ever May, with retail sales of 44,946 vehicles, up 18% on May 2015. This is the company's fifth consecutive record-breaking month. Jaguar Land Rover sold 245,100 vehicles in the first five months of 2016, 23% up on the same period in the prior year.

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting

The Jaguar F-PACE, which is designed, engineered, and manufactured in the UK, has seen impressive results this month, with more than 3,000 vehicles sold worldwide. The new family sports car is the company's fastest selling Jaguar ever.

Retail sales for the month of May were up year-on-year across all regions: 28% in China, 24% in Europe, 23% in the UK and 8% in North America. Other Overseas markets were up 6% year-on-year.

Commenting on the performance, Andy Goss, Jaguar Land Rover Group Sales Operations Director said: "Following its UK and US launch this month, I am delighted to see that response to the new Jaguar F-PACE has been extremely positive - with over 3,000 global sales this month.

"We are committed to exceeding our customers' expectations by delivering the highest standards of quality and technology and by producing exceptional premium vehicles."

Land Rover strengthened its position as a world-leading manufacturer of all-terrain SUVs, with record May sales of 34,313 vehicles in the month, up 6% year-on-year, of which China was up 29%. The best-seller for the month was the Discovery Sport, retailing an impressive 10,075 vehicles. Calendar year-to-date sales for Land Rover reached 196,620 vehicles, 16% up on the prior year.

Jaguar recorded its best May in over a decade, delivering 10,633 vehicles, up 90% on the previous year, reflecting the strong launch of the F-PACE as well as continued solid sales of the XE and XF. This month, Jaguar performed very strongly across all regions, notably in Europe, where sales were 281% up on the prior year. Calendar year-to-date sales for Jaguar were 48,480 up 60% year-on-year.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
Very interesting reading, thanks for posting. Impressive pecentage increases in the current econmic climate - amazing what some new designs will do for a company! Percentages always look impressive when you're starting from a relatively low base point tho'.

Last paragraph, particularly interesting. I just quickly worked out what the percantages actually look like in physical car numbers.

"Calendar year-to-date sales for Jaguar were 48,480 up 60% year-on-year" . . so in the same period last year they sold 30,300 jaguars

"Jaguar recorded its best May in over a decade, delivering 10,633 vehicles, up 90% on the previous year" . . meaning last May they sold just under 5600 cars

and "Jaguar Land Rover sold 245,100 vehicles in the first five months of 2016, 23% up on the same period in the prior year" . . . so 200,000 first 5 months of 2015

All markets seem to be seeing very good growth indeed, but America still lagging the other market regions. Be interesting to see if that improves significantly for them as time goes on.

Hope they really follow through on the quoted promise...
Andy Goss, Jaguar Land Rover Group Sales Operations Director said: ""We are committed to exceeding our customers' expectations by delivering the highest standards of quality and technology and by producing exceptional premium vehicles."
otherwise those growth figures could start to falter next year!

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
Mondeoman said:
Don't you get a nice warm feeling knowing that we have done our bit in helping JLR achieve these results? :lol:
Actually, yes!

Very proud to see good British design and manufacturing producing results, regardless of where the investment/ownership comes from. Just won't be greatly pleased if my expectations for my "exceptional premium vehicle" aren't met, never mind exceeded, if the car has holes in it, wonky shut-lines, creaky suspension and glitchy technology when it arrives! :?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
catwoman said:
Just won't be greatly pleased if my expectations for my "exceptional premium vehicle" aren't met, never mind exceeded, if the car has holes in it, wonky shut-lines, creaky suspension and glitchy technology when it arrives! :?
That's my concern too. Current XF is brilliant now, but the first 6 moths I felt I was a test driver for Jaguar, lots of silly faults which sorted The XF is 2.2 Diesel and in daily short drive does 36mpg, on a run 50+ mpg, handles great, does everything I want it to but still has random "issues" that are fixed with the Microsoft approach - reboot (or stop, lock ad re-open for Jag)

I will not hesitate in returning the F Pace if its full of bugs, these seem to be the key things to look for

Bonnet(Hood) shutlines
Tailgate drop shutlines
InControl Pro issues? There is a patch that needs to be applied?
Poor paint - tailgate
box things with holes underneath (that I still don't understand - maybe someone would post a full car view with an arrow showing where this is?)

All of these are worrying me, yet I can't wait for my car to arrive

G

·
catwoman said:
Mondeoman said:
Don't you get a nice warm feeling knowing that we have done our bit in helping JLR achieve these results? :lol:
Actually, yes!

Very proud to see good British design and manufacturing producing results, regardless of where the investment/ownership comes from. Just won't be greatly pleased if my expectations for my "exceptional premium vehicle" aren't met, never mind exceeded, if the car has holes in it, wonky shut-lines, creaky suspension and glitchy technology when it arrives! :?
And make sure you check for fury critters who may have sneaked into that hole .. to keep warm :)

If your cat goes missing, and then pops out in your works carpark .. then your pet pussy has been for a long drive without you knowing !!

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
RaVolVoR said:
catwoman said:
Just won't be greatly pleased if my expectations for my "exceptional premium vehicle" aren't met, never mind exceeded, if the car has holes in it, wonky shut-lines, creaky suspension and glitchy technology when it arrives! :?
That's my concern too. Current XF is brilliant now, but the first 6 moths I felt I was a test driver for Jaguar, lots of silly faults which sorted The XF is 2.2 Diesel and in daily short drive does 36mpg, on a run 50+ mpg, handles great, does everything I want it to but still has random "issues" that are fixed with the Microsoft approach - reboot (or stop, lock ad re-open for Jag)

I will not hesitate in returning the F Pace if its full of bugs, these seem to be the key things to look for

Bonnet(Hood) shutlines
Tailgate drop shutlines
InControl Pro issues? There is a patch that needs to be applied?
Poor paint - tailgate
box things with holes underneath (that I still don't understand - maybe someone would post a full car view with an arrow showing where this is?)

All of these are worrying me, yet I can't wait for my car to arrive
You forgot squeaky back end!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
You forgot squeaky back end!
Good point assuming you weren't being personal :)

Maybe we should get a list of know faults and links to the discussion threads pinned to top of forum?

G

·
you also forgot .. failpace, loosing power steering and blank infotainment displays when turning sharp corners

·
Registered
184 Posts
catwoman said:
Mondeoman said:
Actually, yes!

Totally agree. With so many issues coming to light, my excitement about the car is dwindling rapidly. I certainly don't feel about it now as I once did.
Please don't tell me this is normal for all new car launches because I don't believe that's true - at all.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I wanted an F Pace after seeing it used by team sky in July 2015. I held back from ordering until May this year. Why ? Because of previous experience of shoddy British built cars, still looking forward to it in September, yet I don't expect it will match my VW golf for finish and reliability. My worst British built car was an MGB GT way back in 1977. Oil didn't even touch the dipstick when I got it home. Rust on door tops after 3 months, dreadful car. Unfortunately I'm of an age to remember the National Embarrassment, aka British Leyland. So all the faults and problems some of you are experiencing remind me of this.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
To be fair to JLR and I am guilty for being provocative saying why after all this so called "vigorous testing can a shut line not be met (having heard the script in the factory about tolerances), etc etc.......but my friend is BMW TO HIS CORE!!! A great brand we are led to believe, he has suffered nothing but shit with each car! These aren't 30k rep mobiles, he has had from X6's to the iconic M3, now M4, which after 3 weeks had a seized engine!, from creaking carbon fibre roofs, flaking paint!!!! Even his 1000RR MOTORBIKES!!! Yes again premium brand BMW had stalling issues and fuel starvation and broken crank shafts......yet he STILL like a Lemming to a cliff he keeps going back!!! So is JLR REALLY THAT BAD??? Compared to German precision, no FUKIN way!! We voting in Europe or out??? I buy British where possible cars! Vegetables ( foreign strawberries are shite), I have a Triumph motorbike (for speed) hence why I bought a slow 2.0 R-Sport....prattled on too much watching Cameron and Ferage....sorry!!

G

·
CarlFRZ434 said:
To be fair to JLR and I am guilty for being provocative saying why after all this so called "vigorous testing can a shut line not be met (having heard the script in the factory about tolerances), etc etc.......but my friend is BMW TO HIS CORE!!! A great brand we are led to believe, he has suffered nothing but shit with each car! These aren't 30k rep mobiles, he has had from X6's to the iconic M3, now M4, which after 3 weeks had a seized engine!, from creaking carbon fibre roofs, flaking paint!!!! Even his 1000RR MOTORBIKES!!! Yes again premium brand BMW had stalling issues and fuel starvation and broken crank shafts......yet he STILL like a Lemming to a cliff he keeps going back!!! So is JLR REALLY THAT BAD??? Compared to German precision, no FUKIN way!! We voting in Europe or out??? I buy British where possible cars! Vegetables ( foreign strawberries are shite), I have a Triumph motorbike (for speed) hence why I bought a slow 2.0 R-Sport....prattled on too much watching Cameron and Ferage....sorry!!
And .... when I had my E89 35is Z4 .. high pressure fuel pump failure .. water in the rear lights .. water in the boot ... creaking roof ... blue tooth module packed up, this was a 64 plate !!! stonking engine though (twin turbo)

so all just as bad ..... :D

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Exactly Kasparov!! All brands have great and shite reviews!!! I have a passion for British Marques so not best person to embrace in passionate debate! :D ;)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Thanks for the above comments guys. I actually feel better now, odd thing to say, but I'm almost pleased that BMW and others have such problems.

G

·
Hello

And don't get me started on my Z3M roadster rear spot weld failures ! and a new mini one & new mini cooper .. mini one had a new windscreen wiper mechanism on day one of pick up ... both had new door seals due to glass creaking on the seals (frame less windows)

oh .... then my Z4M roadster ... spinning big end shells and failed cam follower bearings

and .. my E85 z4 3.0 with sticking steering issues in hot weather !!!! see you got me started now :lol:

z4 broken rear springs .. cracked rear brake light ... BMW ultimate driving machine :D

Oh Yes I nearly forgot .. our X3 that decided to dump the whole contents of the washer bottle fluid into the rear of the carpet and done thousands of pounds of damage and all the electronic modules live under the seats ... because they run the pipe under the carpet to the rear wash wipe system

etc etc etc :roll:

·
Registered
117 Posts
OMG Kaspa, calm down, get a glass of water, 2 paracetamols, and lay in a dark room for a while. All will be well when you emerge.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts