Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have Jaguar sorted or nearly sorted all the faults out as i am about to order F pace3.0d S for April delivery
Will they be sorted by then as reading on hear about having the car back in the dealers for some days or weeks i can not handle that sort of reliability

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
No they have not sorted all the issues at present.

Some problems are dependent on the model and in car systems.

What spec are you looking at?

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
t add to Carl's post you also need to double check the panel gaps on delivery as despite many people having to have there cars adjusted Jaguar still seem to have issues with making a car that the panels line up, doors, bonnet and boot are all issues to look at.

Some have had headlight issues with alignment.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are the faults tacking the car of road for a time or can you still use it.
I have had Audi since 1984 Audi Quattro and today my second SQ5 so was thinking of a change.
I change my daily motors every one or two years that is why i do not want to see the service department and reliability is very important.
If it is little thing that is not a problem.
I do not use the music side but the sat nav is very important

·
Registered
441 Posts
Jaguar are far from over their problems with the F Pace. The infotainment issues are currently being dealt with and there is not yet conclusive evidence that the latest patch has worked 100%.March or April 2017 is the word on the block to correct all the issues with the ICPT.
Leaking front differentials are still an issue and some replacement parts have leaked so no complete solution there.
Drive line vibration is affecting both engine sizes but not on all cars as I found by driving various models on the recent Art of Performance day.
My dealers demonstrator registered in April and with 9000 miles on the clock which I had for 3 days when they were trying to fix mine was full of rattles and worn interior trim which indicates to me quality issues not normally associated with Jaguar
I broke my own rule this time by purchasing a new model too early in it's production cycle but if I have to reject my car within the 6 months because of unsolved issues hopefully I will get a trouble free F Pace next time as I had with my 3 previous XFs.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
You'll be fine for an April delivery. Word on the street is they are working flat out to make sure the cars are perfect in time for Arianne's March delivery ;-)

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
You'll be fine for an April delivery. Word on the street is they are working flat out to make sure the cars are perfect in time for Arianne's March delivery ;-)
In all honesty, I have a former colleague who worked for Jaguar some time ago in their Head Office. She still has contacts with folk down there. She told me that there is an issue (we all know that though) but they are on a serious QA drive right now. Here's hoping. I know my dealer is juggling the order so that we get the latest build slot possible while still being sure of the March 2017 delivery to me.

The last few days haven't been great on this forum for owners and their cars. But how many of them are the very latest builds and how many are from a few months back I don't know.

I have conditioned my mind to accept that our car will not be perfect despite my best efforts and those of the dealer. But since I want the F-pace so much (a bit like Carl really), I will deal with the issues as they arise and try very, very hard to not let it spoil the experience. That's the theory anyway.

It's a shame though. Jaguar have a big hit on their hands with this model. It won't be too long until word gets out that there are issues with it and then it'll affect their total volume of sales.

They probably have up to six more months to sort it out before it'll be too late.

As for folk complaining about the poorer plastics on the lower door trim etc. It is true but surely everyone knew that when they bought the thing in the first place? I know I did and the journalists have been saying this pretty regularly from the start. It's a trade off - the cabin is good at £40k but less so at £60k. But at £60k you're only at the bottom end of the more premium cars and then you need to start adding options.

As they say, the F-pace cabin is a very special place to be.......... at night!

Regards,

Arianne

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
To put some balance on here, I have almost exactly the same car you are ordering, all panels lined up, and yes it is only 3 weeks and a 1000 miles old, but so far, perfect.

I do also have ITCP, and that works perfectly too. It does everything I expected to, and yes the quality of materials is not upto my old BMW, but you can see that before you order.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I owned a 3.0S diesel XF for 3.5 years and it was perfect,

My F Pace had panels lined nicely and has had no mechanical problems so far. Only real issues is the software for most people and saying that it's great as a system if it works properly.
The software has already ? Or will be sorted by time you get and sure there will be over improvements by then so I'd say all good - go for it.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Had my black 1st Edition since early June, done 5,000 miles and only issues I've had is that the ICTP has failed to read a CD (3 occasions) and I had a vibration sound on one journey that then went away.....

Every time I get I and drive the car it puts a big grin on my face....

So, for me I'd go for it .... Even if I had repeated issues like some other members I'd still go for it :)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Think jaguar are a long way away from sorting things out and they know it
I have 15 faults and I've gave up counting or looking as I've had enough for a £50k car
Having owned most medium / high end suv/jeeps and being a first time jaguar owner ( according to jag that's why they made this car) I can honestly say they are the worst put together cars I've had(just bought my mother a Vauxhall viva £8000 brand new and it's put together better )
Thankfully I don't have the ictp or itcp or ipct depending what day of the week it is but I still have window wipers with a mind of there own and a heater that refuses to go off not to mention every other panel bar the bonnet and passenger door is sitting OUT OF LINE

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
My car is six days old with less than 100 miles and it has the same crease in the seat cushion. Now i'll have to have a look at the panel fit tomorrow.

One annoyance I have observed is a sort of pulsing in my ears at low speeds. It seems to be in sympathy with the suspension movement. I never noticed this on any of the two test drives I had.Other than that I love the car.My previous car was a XF 2.7D Luxury.

Art

·
Registered
118 Posts
I did love the car one time it's stunning and great to drive but badly put together which is a big shame
Jaguar will keep scaring new 1st buyers away unless they get things sorted very soon I did expect problems but more internally not externally
Had one of the first puegeot Rcz odd ball cars to come out and never had anything like this in fact it was faultless and a great car and loads of toys that worked
Ps that is only half the photos of faults don't want to bore everyone but hope everyone can enjoy there cars eventually

·
Registered
207 Posts
db9go said:
Have Jaguar sorted or nearly sorted all the faults out as i am about to order F pace3.0d S for April delivery
Will they be sorted by then as reading on hear about having the car back in the dealers for some days or weeks i can not handle that sort of reliability
Good morning Db9go,

Thank you for your post.

I am pleased to learn that you wish to order an F-PACE. Please be assured that Jaguar are working to ensure that any vehicle delivered to our customers is perfect, and provides the driver with hassle free motoring.

If you do wish to proceed with your vehicle order, please be assured that I am on hand to answer any further queries or concerns in further detail.

Ro66ter said:
I did love the car one time it's stunning and great to drive but badly put together which is a big shame
Jaguar will keep scaring new 1st buyers away unless they get things sorted very soon I did expect problems but more internally not externally
Had one of the first puegeot Rcz odd ball cars to come out and never had anything like this in fact it was faultless and a great car and loads of toys that worked
Ps that is only half the photos of faults don't want to bore everyone but hope everyone can enjoy there cars eventually
Hello Ro66ter, I am sorry to learn of your concerns and the images that you have provided. If there can be anything that I can assist you further with, please do not hesitate to PM me where I will be more than happy to assist where possible.

Many thanks,
Amellia

·
Registered
3 Posts
My F Pace 3.0D started to vibrate under acceleration whilst on the motorway - this continued for about 10 minutes before I experienced complete engine failure. What appeared to be a mechanical snap from the engine or under the car followed by an horrendous hammering from the main engine. The car was recovered and requires a complete new engine. Jaguar, as yet, have not been able to identify the nature of the failure. I had only covered about 1500miles and am still driving around in the hire car provided by Jaguar Assistance (a Renault Captur - which I have now been driving for longer than my Jaguar!). Any other stories of this sort of complete failure - or am I the only lucky one?!

·
Registered
688 Posts
Wow commiserations! First person I've read of with a complete engine failure

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
db9go said:
Good morning Db9go,

Thank you for your post.

I am pleased to learn that you wish to order an F-PACE. Please be assured that Jaguar are working to ensure that any vehicle delivered to our customers is perfect, and provides the driver with hassle free motoring.

If you do wish to proceed with your vehicle order, please be assured that I am on hand to answer any further queries or concerns in further detail.

Ro66ter said:
Hello Ro66ter, I am sorry to learn of your concerns and the images that you have provided. If there can be anything that I can assist you further with, please do not hesitate to PM me where I will be more than happy to assist where possible.

Many thanks,
This is very noble of you CS trying to secure more orders but what about customers who have been through the mill wanting perfect cars in exchange for £63k?? Despite mine being off the road 25% of my ownership it's still not sorted!! ICTP 2.5 update failed still have locking cd! Intermittent media, intermittent hands free phone, and gesture tailgate failure!!! Day after updated software loaded up!!! It's truly not on!!! What's worse is I don't want any other car as looks, styling, space performance are great, but your software nose dives the car and has spoilt my past 4 months of ownership!! Truly is pi55 poor!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.