Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well today was the day nearly 5 months in the waiting but...... :eek: It happened today. :shock: On our way to the seaside at Weymouth, :?
I was driving on the A3088 link road going into Yeovil, and up ahead I saw an F-pace travelling towards me. :p " LOOK "I said to Mrs cat LOOK ...an F-pace in Rodium silver.... I prepared myself for first contact :roll: ... ,as the car drew nearer I could see it was an R-sport without a black pack :geek: ..... At the at 40 -50 metre I duely flashed my lights..... and put my hand aloft....before sticking my thumb up...... ;) and......
NOTHING........ :eek: :eek: :( ,I mean NOTHING, grey haired gent in his sixties I would have guessed. I was gutted... Mrs cat found the whole incident very funny and took great delight in pointing out cars on the rest of the trip " oh look another F pace.... O...no is isn't.... never mind dear!!! Between bouts of laughing at me!
This whole episode has left me deeply scared now :roll: :? .
The only consolation was on arriving at Weymouth... and the harbour road in particular were the tables of people... mostly the blokes... pointing and remarking "that's the new Jag "
Having gained some of my composure,....and a little more self esteem... I duely walked to the beach to contemplate a better world of respect. :|
Knickers to him :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
948 Posts
I must admit I've met on two occasions fellow FPacers as I like to call us and never as much as an acknowledgement. Maybe they are all annoyed thinking they were the only ones to have them so now I've gave up trying.

On a funnier note many moons ago as a much younger fellow who have bought his first Jag an XF to the shame of my wife as she felt I was much to young we were sitting in a retail park car park when out of the blue another XF drove by an elderly couple drove into the car park pulled along side and gave me the thumbs up before promptly leaving the same way he entered. Looking bemused I turned to the wife to say how odd but she was in fits of laughter and said 'I said you were too young but did you listen'.

Never lived that one down.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I promise to flash (once my car finally arrives that is).

Then probably feel bad that I couldn't afford the 3.0 when I see you in the S versions.

Its got me thinking.....maybe we create a secret code flash on this website??

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
To the owner of the BRG S with standard wheels and chrome accents and brouge seats who parks in Waitrose Wimbledon on a Saturday morning ... Go on acknowledge me it won't kill you!! :lol:

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
You see us bikers are much more friendly breed. Approaching another bike and you always give a gentle nod to the side....I say always, except to moped/ Vespa types and of course Harley riders as they are not classified as bikers!! :lol: :lol:

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
Back in the day we used to do this all the time but i have seen a couple of Fpaces and must admit i had nor did the other driver acknowledge each other.

May do if i see another Blue first edition, the snob in me may come out lol

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes I always try to pull over for bikes :) ..... and most of them give an acknowledgement !!!! If the wife is in the car she just says :roll: "No don't even ask ... your not having one".
JLR .... It maybe because you have broken the old Jag owner rules by being a young UP START by buying a bright white one.... Not old English white, burgundy, or especially BRG.... :lol: :lol:
:idea: Maybe we should start a thread in the gallery for them.... Name and Shame / Blacklegs / Cad and bounders, or just ignorant gits !! :lol: :lol:

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
I had an almost near miss with a black R-Sport last weekend. :eek: He was gingerly coming round a blind bend on a narrow twisting country lane, overgrown with undergrowth on each side, but well out into the middle of the road. He looked so shocked :shock: to suddenly meet another car coming the other way, never mind it being an ammonite version of his own F-Pace. He seemed much too busy grappling with the steering wheel as he peered over it, his face ashen, his knuckles quite white with strain such was his grip on the wheel, so no time to acknowledge me. So I didn't get a wave, a nod, a smile, a flash, or anything. :roll: Ah well, never mind. I'm guessing he'd only just picked the car up that morning and was out on his first country run with it. He looked positively terrified of the size of the vehicle on the narrow road. It was quite funny, once we'd safely passed each other! But I dread to think how it would have gone if we had actually managed to clip each other. It was on one of my 'local roads', which I know like the back of my hand, so I was possibly moving a little more swiftly than he was . . . :lol: . . . if you're out there, reading this, I'll getcha next time! :p

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Us Lotus drivers are very friendly, a flash and a wave, and I am going to try with FPacers as I see them from Friday

·
Registered
12 Posts
In the US, Corvette owners have the "Corvette Wave" ...well most of us do. It was something Corvette owners have done since way back when. But now days, not every new owner does it, either because they don't know to do it, or because they think it's beneath them to wave.

So, to avoid embarrassment to myself, instead of a full wave, I do the more subdued "steering wheel wave", leaving my hand at the top of the wheel and raising only my four fingers. If I get a wave back, I acknowledge it by a nod and smile in their direction or a "thumbs up" gesture.

And, as with any waving to another car, common sense should prevail. There were several times I've waved at another Corvette (getting a return wave) and was literally grilled by my wife about who that was, and why I was waving to that very attractive young lady driving that other car.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Given its an English motor with English heritage I suggest something subtle, understated but sophisticated

I like the 4 fingered steering wheel "raise" although it could be seen as slightly apathetic

I'm thinking if combining it with some form of salute. Anyone in the RAF can give advice here?

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I have a wave for BMW drivers, generally it's a loose grip kinda fist, followed by a vigourous back and forth shaking gesture, they usually wave back with one finger!! :shock:

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
F-Pace S said:
Us Lotus drivers are very friendly, a flash and a wave, and I am going to try with FPacers as I see them from Friday
My first love was Lotus, had 3 but they screwed me over a thing called the M250 so no more... Many a time giving acknowledgment waves/flashes to other owners, but little back... More camaraderie in my old triumph..

Most of the F Paces round here are driven by 'yummy mummies' so they don't even watch the road, let alone other users so not expecting any quick flashes... Saw a nice DSB in supermarket car park at pick up time with both near side wheels kerbed to hell.. Personally, divorce proceedings would ensue....

Possible the etiquette is being ignored as being a Jaaaag, most owners need to go to spec savers & cant distinguish a Saab from a Dacia... :)

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
Jonnyzander said:
Given its an English motor with English heritage I suggest something subtle, understated but sophisticated

I like the 4 fingered steering wheel "raise" although it could be seen as slightly apathetic

I'm thinking if combining it with some form of salute. Anyone in the RAF can give advice here?
I tried the fist pump tonight out the window but i whacked the wing mirror and not the other drivers fist :lol:

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.