Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In an attempt to clear up the recent confusion I sent an email to my dealer last night.

I've just had a response. The enhancement programme still has not been released. It was expected last week, then this week, now hopefully next week.

As per the other Topix thread (and comments from Mbadger77) the only updates that are currently being applied to cars are listed on Topix.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Thanks - out of interest, have you managed to get any clarity on exactly what this enhancement program delivers? (apologies if this has been stated elsewhere!)

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've asked for a list .. all I know so far is what I was told verbally by the service manager, and that was in direct response to issues they are supposed to be fixing. So out of my 18 or so issues about 50% are "fixed" by the ICTP v2.5 update.

The others that were supposedly addressed by the enhancement programme are:

3G connection
Suspension issue
Front parking sensors

I have now asked for a list of what's included (but I suspect they still don't really know) .. will report back when I have anything

·
Registered
688 Posts
I've just asked the service manager as well. My car is due in 21/11 so hopefully they've got all the updates they need by then.

update:

service manager added no more then repeating what was on the topix bulletin for 2.5. No sign of any other updates being applied.

The Rework will cover the following systems:
· Satellite Digital Audio Radio Service (SDARS) lock up, audio loss.
· Infotainment Master Controller (IMC) resets, blank Screens and poor system performance.
· CD ripping/playback issues.
· Camera: Frozen camera image on screen when reverse selected and camera stability issues.
· Media player crash, library track select fails, USB source reliability.
· Phone and Bluetooth - connection and contacts download issues.

Thank you

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Right let's see how much of an impact this makes. I'll test it Saturday morning on a trip to Lambourn.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I questioned my dealer on this - and they are adament that what is being put into my car this week (4 days so far) are all the updates for the enhancement programme, cars we being brought in advance of the 'recall' style notices going out to all users with those flagged at JLR as high risk (I think that means threatening to send the car back!) being put through early.

The only thing consistent is inconsistency here!

·
Registered
363 Posts
I know my suspension has had an update applied as I moaned about having a jelly arse over speed bumps and they asked me to come in after the update and drive it and it has changed it dramatically.... that wasn't on the Topix list I don't think. I think we (us here) get hung up on the Topix list a little, for all I know the suspension issue could be tied to my constantly buzzing, smelling of burning relay I had that didn't stop clicking for 3.5 weeks!!!! I looked at the app and my dealer has taken my car out for 4 x 10 mile runs and has had the car 4 days, hopefully I get it back today and they said yesterday more than 50% of my list was remedied and checked, they are working on the rest today.... looking forward to asking for a copy of the work reports and sitting down with a coffee going through them!

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
jonty1625 said:
I know my suspension has had an update applied as I moaned about having a jelly arse over speed bumps and they asked me to come in after the update and drive it and it has changed it dramatically.... that wasn't on the Topix list I don't think. I think we (us here) get hung up on the Topix list a little, for all I know the suspension issue could be tied to my constantly buzzing, smelling of burning relay I had that didn't stop clicking for 3.5 weeks!!!! I looked at the app and my dealer has taken my car out for 4 x 10 mile runs and has had the car 4 days, hopefully I get it back today and they said yesterday more than 50% of my list was remedied and checked, they are working on the rest today.... looking forward to asking for a copy of the work reports and sitting down with a coffee going through them!
Jonty can you please please try and find out IF and what they did for the jelly wobble fix. My dealer hasn't heard of this issue and there isn't any fix as far as they know. If you have any info it really may help as we can get the dealer to ask jag directly and hopefully have a solution for the fe of us that are suffering this.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Will do..... In all my car buying life I haven't since such great disparity between dealers, knowledge levels and sharing of information as you see at JLR!

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
jonty1625 said:
Will do..... In all my car buying life I haven't since such great disparity between dealers, knowledge levels and sharing of information as you see at JLR!
I agree were all kept in the dark.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
jonty1625 said:
Hey Jonty you would be doing me a massive favour if you could get some clarity on this from your dealer today.

My car has been with the dealer for 2 weeks, and as you can see from the email above they've given up waiting for the full enhancement programme and just applied the ICTP 2.5 update. They are telling me there are no updates for my suspension issue.

I now have to choose whether to pick the car up today or leave it there another week. I'm reluctant to collect it. Knowing whether there is a further update out there (or just around the corner) that may improve my suspension would influence me to leave it with them.

Really appreciate your help.

·
Registered
363 Posts
No worries - our spec's are pretty similar so we should have similar work sheets to go through. I am hoping I can get my car back today as I leave for New York on Sunday, but I'll ask them to send an email maybe of everything they have done so far if my car isn't ready....

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
jonty1625 said:
I agree, the local Jaguar dealer is clueless. I think Jaguar do as little product training as they do product development, there is a comment on a recent post that the user got more help here quicker than from the dealer. I am amazed at that. I think a career change would see me want to be a Jaguar salesman, not worried by abusive/obnoxious potential customers, I've worked with Journalists for 25 years so I'm immune! :lol:

I do think the "salespeople" are not enthusiasts and that is what Jaguar needs, get some people who are (a) interested in their products and (b) capable of making business relationships with clients and (c) know how to communicate. None of which is that hard in my view!

All I ever see are non descript shirts n ties with vacant signs on their foreheads!

·
Registered
363 Posts
When I bought my FP the sales guy was a young lad and a car nut, you could tell, he got excited talking about the bonded welds on the chassis and going in detail on how the blind spot monitoring would be of benefit to the wife reversing out of the drive. But at the same time he was personable and savvy and not pushy... unfortunately he left for a different car dealership who offered him a 50% base salary increase and a better opportunity - he was 23 years old and 10x better than the old hands that had been there forever and were more like sharks than 'advisors', but you could tell it was dead mans shoes. Fast forward 6 months and a new dealer principal has cleared out the old guard and gone afresh with new, which is great but they don't have the background knowledge and history of the products yet....

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
jonty1625 said:
Hey Jonty you would be doing me a massive favour if you could get some clarity on this from your dealer today.

My car has been with the dealer for 2 weeks, and as you can see from the email above they've given up waiting for the full enhancement programme and just applied the ICTP 2.5 update. They are telling me there are no updates for my suspension issue.

I now have to choose whether to pick the car up today or leave it there another week. I'm reluctant to collect it. Knowing whether there is a further update out there (or just around the corner) that may improve my suspension would influence me to leave it with them.

Really appreciate your help.
Mate, mine has just come back from our dealers, was delivered 15 minutes ago and will be going out for a spin shortly so will let you know.

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
jonty1625 said:
When I bought my FP the sales guy was a young lad and a car nut, you could tell, he got excited talking about the bonded welds on the chassis and going in detail on how the blind spot monitoring would be of benefit to the wife reversing out of the drive. But at the same time he was personable and savvy and not pushy... unfortunately he left for a different car dealership who offered him a 50% base salary increase and a better opportunity - he was 23 years old and 10x better than the old hands that had been there forever and were more like sharks than 'advisors', but you could tell it was dead mans shoes. Fast forward 6 months and a new dealer principal has cleared out the old guard and gone afresh with new, which is great but they don't have the background knowledge and history of the products yet....
Shame they could not tempt the young lad back to advise the others, by the sounds of it he is worth his money.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Just as an update after the 2.5 patch. Done about 7-8 hrs in the car in all sorts of conditions and 500 miles
Not a glitch so far or problem with dropping off.
Navigation still a bit clunky as are the apps and start up. I think start up may be 5-8 seconds quicker but hard to be sure.

Had a great few days enjoying the car - only the 3G still a problem

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.