Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of those annoying noises that once heard you cannot unhear. Very slight squeaking when travelling over uneven ground. I couldn't pinpoint where this was coming from but it sounded like the front suspension.
I read through all of the threads online regarding noises from bushes, anti squeak top mounts etc etc and spent a while making sure all bushes, rubbers, suspension components and so on were in good condition and I lubed any parts that might have been the culprit. Took for a test drive but still squeaking...
Anyway I decided to give her a wash today and whilst cleaning and pushing down on the front corner of the bonnet I heard a familiar squeak....I did it again and thought no way would I hear this inside the car, it couldn't be, could it?
So I moly grease lubed the rubber contact points where the bonnet rests on the engine bay catch areas and took for a test drive over uneven ground.
No more squeaks, now drives like a premium car should, very happy.

Reactions: LearnerDriver

·
Registered
64 Posts
love it - i would often struggle on with faults (if possible) until a cheap fix appears lol
with my A6 i had a random staring issue sometimes it wouldn't start, and when it did my dash was like a Christmas tree. I hammered the keyboard and read about people spending hundreds sometimes thousands chasing the fault down, replacing a nuber of control units the can bus and wiring looms - turned out to be a £12 relay that powered half the car up was faulty...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great find and I am sure it will help others.
I hope so, as I was convinced it was suspension related. I'm wondering if taken to a garage how many parts may have been changed or renewed looking for the culprit?

Reactions: LearnerDriver
1 - 5 of 5 Posts