Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After DAL & Jagcat's report of their tour of the Solihull plant, I thought I would email them (Jaguar that is, not D & J!) to see if I did the same - whether I would be guaranteed to see a selection of F-Paces on the day or would it be pot luck.

After a week, I got the following reply:

Good Afternoon Mr XXXXXX,

I have been passed your details by one of my colleagues to arrange for you to come to Solihull for a configuration experience of an FPACE. Our nest available appointment is Weds 6th April at either 09:00 or 13:00. Please let me know if either of those times are convenient for you, if not we can look into other dates.

As part of the experience, brunch/lunch will be served on arrival, follwed by an introduction to the FPACE and the various options available and a look at a FPACE, which we hope to source in Ammonite Grey with Black Pack.

We will then take you on a short tour of the FPACE production facilities to show you how they are assembled, as well as giving you an opportunity to see many different combinations of interior trim and exterior paint. On your return to the Visitor Centre, we can then finish with a discussion of everything you have seen on the tour and hopefully come up with a finalised specification for your order.

I know you have seen Caesium Blue and Italian Racing Red and are interested in the Ammonite Grey with black pack, but if you could provide details of your order, and/or common or factory order, that will help me best prepare for your visit.

This sounds fantastic and I was sure - given the reports from the others that this would be a great way to spend half a day. HOWEVER, here comes the catch:

The cost of the experience is £325 for 2 people for all of the above.

I have not replied yet, because I found this charge astonishing / borderline insulting. I have lodged a deposit for what is likely to be a £60k car, but for what is essentially a sales consultation I am being expected to pay another £325! I could understand if this was at least partially refundable against the purchase price, but there is certainly no mention of it.

Am I alone in thinking this unreasonable? I am sure it would be a great trip, but why do I have to pay 3-4 times what a casual visitor pays for a standard tour?

·
Registered
166 Posts
You would have to be Bonkers to pay that!

My wife and I went for free back in December a,nd we got a free model car,

How can they justify charging you when you are paying £60k for a new car?

Taking the pppppp!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Those of us in NA have no option to do anything like this. Trust me - many of us would pay that in a heartbeat to get a tour of the production facility and bespoke configuration experience. We have to be satisfied with looking at wee swatches and imagining what they will look like in real life.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Point is tjis has been free to anyone with a deposit on the car. How do they then justify £325 to char about the spec?

When we went we saw the car being built and plenty of lhd versions in the car park. We didn't get to discuss specific variations but this still does not explain the cost!

Ripping Off a Loyal Customer!

·
Registered
948 Posts
Why have you not asked your dealer to arrange this tour?

I am sure their influence would either greatly reduce the cost if not get you the tour for free.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
luminated said:
Why have you not asked your dealer to arrange this tour?

I am sure their influence would either greatly reduce the cost if not get you the tour for free.
I did speak to the dealer - and perhaps he had an inkling of what the response would be, because he said (because of the fact that I only placed my deposit 2 weeks ago) that by the time I need to finalise my spec there will be plenty of vehicles in the dealerships to look at.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I'm shocked, Jaguar always did free tours they didn't even seem bothered if you had ordered a car or not, granted no food was involved but it was the norm to get a 90min tour of the assembly plant for free.

Jaguar have turned into a money making machine where standard items like a cup holder cover costs £50 and they charge you £300+ to buy a car......amazing

·
Registered
260 Posts
I'm sure some dealers will pick up the cost of the standard or enhanced factory tours for good customers. In the same way some of the half day LR experiences are provided.

If the personalised guided tour includes the full factory tour with tailored extras then perhaps the cost isn't so bad. Six people @ £49 each is £294 compared to £325.

It would-be a nice gesture to take £325 off purchase price if you went on to buy an F-Pace.

·
Registered
410 Posts
A factory collection option would be nice as well...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts