Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I totally love the look of my First Edition 3lt F pace. I managed to get it in black, not their blue colour. I loved this idea because it was the only way to get a cream leather interior in the 3lt version.

These are my problems.

The ride is rough and bumpy on the massive wheels
The in control system is faulty. Sometime it works perfectly other times the screen stays black. Sometimes I get the message no voice can be heard. The reverse camera sometimes works and sometimes doesn't
I find it crazy the car resets the 3G network when the engine is off. Especially since the nat nav needs a connection to work. I have often had to wait in the car a few minutes to get a connection. Often arrived at my destination before I get traffic info.
I find it amazing the car didn't have memory seats on such a high spec car.
I also wished the wing mirrors dipped when I reverse.
The wrist band sometimes doesn't work. I have been stuck outside my car with the keys inside. That only has to happen once for you to never use it again.

my previous car was the xf and I loved it. This one has 4,000 on the clock and I may get rid of it. Has anyone else got the same frustrations.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Elliott said:
I totally love the look of my First Edition 3lt F pace. I managed to get it in black, not their blue colour. I loved this idea because it was the only way to get a cream leather interior in the 3lt version.

These are my problems.

The ride is rough and bumpy on the massive wheels
The in control system is faulty. Sometime it works perfectly other times the screen stays black. Sometimes I get the message no voice can be heard. The reverse camera sometimes works and sometimes doesn't
I find it crazy the car resets the 3G network when the engine is off. Especially since the nat nav needs a connection to work. I have often had to wait in the car a few minutes to get a connection. Often arrived at my destination before I get traffic info.
I find it amazing the car didn't have memory seats on such a high spec car.
I also wished the wing mirrors dipped when I reverse.
The wrist band sometimes doesn't work. I have been stuck outside my car with the keys inside. That only has to happen once for you to never use it again.

my previous car was the xf and I loved it. This one has 4,000 on the clock and I may get rid of it. Has anyone else got the same frustrations.
Elliott, sorry to hear your frustrations but have you ready ANY of the other posts on here!?!? ;) :lol:

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I think maybe it's a good time to sell while the prices are still pretty high on the first editions.
There is a software update for the in control and possibly a replacement head unit.
The 3G is still a problem and I've not seen fix yet though I'm continuing with dealer and getting the data files sent to Jag.
The suspension or ride - it's actually really good except for certain environments so won't get any better. It's not the big wheels (the 19 inch weren't much better) it's the car and centre of gravity, height off ground etc.
I came from an XF with 20 inch wheels and it's a world apart. If you can't get used to it then unless there is a fault with the adaptive dynamics then I would say sell the car ASAP

First step is go to dealer and get them to do the software updates, get them to check the adaptive dynamics and suspension and ask about the 3G - if it can't be fixed quickly then I'd say sell in January

I understand exactly where your coming from.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Hey Elliot

Have a read of some of my posts I cover all your points.

Badger makes good advice. I've decided to stay with the car because for me the positives far outweigh the negatives. Most of what you are experiencing are either known problems or characteristics.

I didn't order an FE for precisely the reasons you state about lacking spec. They don't have 14 way seats either. For me they chose options I didn't want and missed ones i did. I was able to spec the correct car for me for £3k less.

As for the bouncy ride read some of my posts for thoughts on this. You do get used to it.

The faults with ICTP may be fixed but it's a combination of hardware and software issues so be firm with your dealer. Hopefully they are being responsive.

Good luck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think I will probably stay with mine too. But very frustrating and also I wouldn't know what else to get. I went to the jaguar garage and the f pace is so much more luxurious than the xf or the xe and the xj didn't suit me. Maybe the Porsche but I find it ugly.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,032 Posts
I have the Blue first edition and had some of your issues that have now been resolved with the the 2.5 update, i have no 3G issues either or ride issues?

As for the dipped mirrors i would not have brought them anyway, would much prefer the blind spot warning, seats i find once set how many times would i keep moving so memory and 14 ways did not matter so what i have not got the only thing i wanted really was the blind spot mirrors and i hope one day there will be a company offering this as a replacement like they do on Audi's.

Have the update and see if this helps.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Yes get that puppy in the dealers ASAP and get all items looked and and possibly resolved.
It does look really good by the way - great combo the 1st edition black brings and nice touches.

The wheels look dark. Do you have a side on shot showing them in true light or do they look very dark similar to the normal black Helix.
Seen some on eBay that look silver - they do change depending on angle I guess.

Seem like your quite keen on the car and keeping it so get on your dealers case and get what you can sorted.
Check your tyre pressures. They are meant to be 34 + all round but I tend to put mine at 33 and it does help if they have been set to 39 or something crazy,

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
FE wheels should be a very dark matt grey which I think yours are, and not the matt black I have. Yours are special edition FE only. It looks stunning by the way. Work with your dealer to eliminate the issues and learn to embrace the Jag characteristics. They really are great cars.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Russell said:
No mistake its a fantastic car
So I don't often agree with you Russell but, on this occasion, I think you are spot-on!

Lovely car, brilliant angle, slight downward gradient on the drive accentuates the aggressive nature of the design. Perfect.

We're in Kent again this weekend and have just returned from lunch with the 'out-laws' :) Parked next to a Merc GLE 350 in white. Yawn, really boring from every angle. Same can be said the Hyundai i30 we have rented from Enterprise for the weekend (we travel by Virgin East Coast first-class) but the little Hyundai costs a fraction of the Merc and nobody pretends it is anything other than straightforward transport for your bank account.

Anyway, lovely pic. Thanks.

Arianne

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Elliot .. PS .. is the Boxster (or is it a Cayman?) yours too? Did you consider a Macan or Cayenne.

We had friends over for dinner last night and they've just bought a new Cayenne. They parked next to mine, and it really did show off what a clumsy piece of design the Cayenne is.

·
Super Moderator
5,032 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
Elliot .. PS .. is the Boxster (or is it a Cayman?) yours too? Did you consider a Macan or Cayenne.

We had friends over for dinner last night and they've just bought a new Cayenne. They parked next to mine, and it really did show off what a clumsy piece of design the Cayenne is.
I bet that was an interesting conversation with your friend defending each others choice,

You: "Your Cayenne looks very Clumsy."

Your friend: "At least it all works."

:lol:

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Your car is lovely Elliott, do get it into the dealers listing the faults, and they can sort most of those out for you now. Stick with it, I am, despite being so faulty they are replacing it as they cannot fix it and held their hands up, I just love it

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.