Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well..

Went to the dealership with my dad today to pick up his new F-Pace S 3.0 D - Rhodium Silver/Black Leather interior, and they cocked up the spec with ordering a Jet headliner instead of Oyster.

The car was otherwise standard spec with the addition of a luggage compartment finisher, so not as if it could have got lost in a large options list.

Salesperson acknowledged it as his cock up straight away and said he ordered it on autopilot with Jet as it is usually a cost option to change the headliner colour on other models and said this was the first time he had made a spec order error.

The spec had been written up using the online configurator and backed up with it in writing in an email to the salesperson.

Dad was clearly a little deflated, but I tried to turn it into a positive by saying it looked better with a uniformed black then such a sharp contrast. Also that if I had ordered one for myself, I would have gone for black, and he warmed to the idea.

I advised him he could reject the car and wait for a new one in the correct spec to be built, but he has been waiting months for the car so I could sense he really didn't want to go down that route.

I advised him to request a boot liner FOC which he had wanted to purchase after collecting the car and a 5 year service plan. After a few minutes with the dealer principle the salesperson came back and said that was fine and the deal was complete.

It was clear the salesperson was a bit cut up and that an otherwise great experience from start to finish had been tainted.

So just a word of warning . If you don't want to be disappointed get the dealership to triple check the configuration they are sending off. In fact I would request you are in front of the computer terminal when they are sending the spec off!

On a happier note he is thrilled with the drive, he was grinning from ear to ear on the drive home and was getting used to the extra power having previously come from a 2.0 diesel X3

Oh well onwards and upwards :D

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
... or ask for a print out and go through it with a fine tooth comb .. mine had two mistakes.

Sounds like a good result in the end though (and he now has the right colour headliner too so win win!!)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Although this is fortunately not common there were a few posts saying that the delivered spec was not as ordered.
I told my dealer I was worried and he sent me the printout of the order to Jaguar. He had already checked it and it was correct. However this does reveal an enormous failure of the Jaguar ordering system.
Why isn't the order which is entered in front of you and you then sign DIRECTLY linked to Jaguars production system.
This is beyond belief in this ultra connected world.

Anyway as has been said before Jet is the correct colour. This coming from a person who originally ordered Oyster but when I saw it changed my mind.
Good result be happy with your car. I have yet to have the pleasure. But it's imminent :D :D :D

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Why oh why can they not get this correct, it really is not that hard and surely did they not send you over the spec sheet after they had ordered to ask you to put your eye over the build and check everything is correct.

Really poor.

Glad you came to a suitable agreement.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Jagfpacejk said:
Why oh why can they not get this correct, it really is not that hard and surely did they not send you over the spec sheet after they had ordered to ask you to put your eye over the build and check everything is correct.

Really poor.

Yeah but your order form just said "The Blue One"

;-)

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I think you had a lucky escape that they ordered Jet, it so adds to the interior and driving experience. I've been in a cream leather, oyster headliner for 13 days and bloody hated it. Got back in mine and my eyes could rest.....and you got a few freebies into the bargain!! Win win.

I would urge any body to go through the hard copy brochure highlight everything, go into the dealers and balance the brochure against the on line configuration. Print off and double check it again against the brochure before final signing.

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
Jagfpacejk said:

Really poor.

Yeah but your order form just said "The Blue One"

;-)
Your sort of right but i had a miss leading sale as i was told we would get blind spot mirrors and front camera like they have in other European countries, the spec had not been 100% confirmed when i placed my order so was a little disappointed these were removed, not included in the UK version.

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Great, this hope this is not a common issue and we all start to see this problem, had enough with the rear squeaking.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts