Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I put them on Ebay I thought I would offer them on here - hope that is ok.

I am selling a genuine brand new unused F-Pace Car Cover and the Loadspace Retention Kit that fits the loadspace rails in the boot of the First Edition, also unused.

The cover costs £240 and the retention kit £172. I will sell them for £200 for the cover and £140 for the retention kit or both for £320.00.

Any interest let me know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
207 Posts
I really honestly doubt anyone will buy, at least those with a FE, as we all will be looking for some compensation from JLR, as you did.

My thoughts would be if all you wanted was the money, it would have been easier to ask for it instead of the accessories.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It simply did not do it for me. I didn't like the ride, getting in and out, windscreen reflections really bad, really loud road noise on concrete and the lack of quality inside.

Most of this is just me so please dont think i am criticising your cars! It really is a great looking beast and the 3d goes brilliantly.

You may remember i was going to go for the xjl autobiography before but then the FE came up.

When i found the one i was originally going to buy was still available i looked into a deal. Although i only got a theoretical £60k for mine i got £13k off the list price of the xj and interest free credit worth over £9.5k!!!! Overall the £82k xj will cost me exactly the same as the fe over the 4 year term and that is including the theoretical loss on the fe!

Too good to turn down. If you have seen the autobiography in the flesh it is in a different league and more suited to what i want which was to be cossetted with every toy imaginable!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Paid £68k two weeks ago (has deployable side steps and service pack), done 400 miles.

Now been given £60250 for it!!!!

Sounds awful like that but in truth the total deal is excellent for me and totally wipes out the difference in what they gave for the FE.

Even after the loss I am getting the XJL for less than I was going to pay back in March thanks to the discounts and the interest free. They don't advertise that on the website but if you pay 15% deposit you get 0%!! For the sake of paying a little extra down I save £9,500 in interest.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,228 Posts
Shame it didn't have a squeaky rear end and you could have rejected it and got all your money back!

£60,250 sounds a bit mean though - given they will sell it at list.

My offer still stands ..., stop playing hard to get!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
539 Posts
I assume your dealer didn't make you sign a 'you cannot sell the car' contract? mine states I can't sell the car for 3 months, BUT the dealer would buy it back from me minus a charge if it has less than 2k on the clock.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No none of that nonsense. I actually bought from a different dealer to where it is going back to.

On Ebay now there are 4 up for sale for prices between 66 and 75k. Yesterday there were 8 at one point. Mostly chancers who bought hoping for a quick buck I would guess.

JLR - I agree that £0250 sounds awful but it is just the way the deal is structured. If I excluded the F Pace the price of the XJL went up by £4k. I also get my first months loan payment back which is another £1000. The deal only works because of my interest savings compared to what I would have paid on the F Pace loan.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
195 Posts
Habxxx said:
On Ebay now there are 4 up for sale for prices between 66 and 75k. Yesterday there were 8 at one point. Mostly chancers who bought hoping for a quick buck I would guess.
That implies that 4 have sold (and all at a premium) so that's good news :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Afraid not, it is just the classified ads expiring. There aren't any listed as sold yet.

I doubt there is enough appetite (yet!) for a premium especially if you shop around and can still buy from dealerships.

Anyone wants one Guy Salmon Maidstone have a nice one with side steps on Saturday! Bet it goes up for sale for list price.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
Mondeoman said:
Habxxx said:
On Ebay now there are 4 up for sale for prices between 66 and 75k. Yesterday there were 8 at one point. Mostly chancers who bought hoping for a quick buck I would guess.
That implies that 4 have sold (and all at a premium) so that's good news :)
I have just been on Autotrader and it is still listing 8 FE,s
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,228 Posts
Habxxx said:
No none of that nonsense. I actually bought from a different dealer to where it is going back to.

On Ebay now there are 4 up for sale for prices between 66 and 75k. Yesterday there were 8 at one point. Mostly chancers who bought hoping for a quick buck I would guess.

JLR - I agree that £0250 sounds awful but it is just the way the deal is structured. If I excluded the F Pace the price of the XJL went up by £4k. I also get my first months loan payment back which is another £1000. The deal only works because of my interest savings compared to what I would have paid on the F Pace loan.
Ah ok I see what you are doing. Clever negotiating. So you are saying I need to offer you at least £64251 before my deal is better. Hmmmm let me sleep on it ;-)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
207 Posts
Where and on what site states if you put a 15% down you get 0% interest?

I put £15k down (£13k really as Stratstone took my accessories from the down payment!)

It seems more I read on this site more I realise I was ripped off in broad daylight
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Smash,

The 0% is on the XJL not the FPace. They are fleecing everyone on that at 6.9 I think.

It doesn't seem to say it anywhere but when you try different deposit amounts on the XJ as soon as you get to 15% the rate changes from 4.9 (i think) to 0.

I was surprised to say the least and the dealer didn't mention this to me, i dont think they knew until I pointed it out.

It literally means £1 extra deposit taking you over the 15% can make the difference between 0 and 4.9. In my case by paying £10600 deposit i save £9500 in interest. My payment on the Fe was £900 through Halifax on a loan of £60k.

Now on the XJ through Jag finance on a £59k loan my payment is £702. The ballon at the end was virtually identical on both cars at £24k.
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top