Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title says it all really! Spotted in The Lake District today. Almost identical to the car we've ordered. Enjoy!

Arianne

·
Registered
473 Posts
Very nice same as I have ordered but in my case with 20 black venom wheels

·
Registered
922 Posts
Very nice... Were they on test drive?,....or are some people getting thier cars early?....plate looks almost like a cherished reg. Then again looking at the amount of other JLR cars in the background and they have similar plates bringing with p*, maybe it is a jaguar day out!.
On the third photos angle... you can see why RR are going to use this as a base for RRS coupe it looks almost like anRRS from that exact angle! Don't you think?..... Ahh it's a JLR garage.... We never have that much space at our dealers site in Taunton.... Thought it was a was some kind of visitor centre at a lake or something..DOH!!!! :lol: :roll:

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jags cat said:
Very nice... Were they on test drive?,....or are some people getting thier cars early?....plate looks almost like a cherished reg. Then again looking at the amount of other JLR cars in the background and they have similar plates bringing with p*, maybe it is a jaguar day out!.
On the third photos angle... you can see why RR are going to use this as a base for RRS coupe it looks almost like anRRS from that exact angle! Don't you think?..... Ahh it's a JLR garage.... We never have that much space at our dealers site in Taunton.... Thought it was a was some kind of visitor centre at a lake or something..DOH!!!! :lol: :roll:
This is their demonstrator ready to begin test drives on Monday. There is an embargo until then and each car is tracked by the standard software that owners also will have. It knows where the car is and appears as a little dot on a map on your smartphone. So Jaguar also know if the cars are being used as demonstrators for test drives too early.

Funny you should say about the profile of the car from the third picture as I also thought it has a RRS look about it.

We have been checking out the HiFi on these cars. In Edinburgh they had the base 80w system and that didn't sound great, TBH. The tonal adjustment is via a basic bass, treble and single mid-range sliding bar control in the media settings. That helped a little but it was still underwhelming. This car has the 380w system that is standard with the S version. But still the same tonal adjustment control and no proper graphic equaliser. It was better, decent maybe, but you would not take it out for a drive one your own just to listen to the music! The speakers sit behind the door card, as with all cars, but there is no speaker grille cover. Instead the door card has holes drilled in it to let the sound out. The only difference visually with the 380w system is the addition of a Meridian sticker on the doors. Not great IMHO. Upgrade to Touch Pro and it doesn't look like even that comes with a multi frequency equaliser so I am guessing folk need to part with the full 2k to access the 825w system and then maybe?

We are just hoping that the soundtrack from the car when driven is the centre of attention as well as the handling, since the HiFi certainly is not.

Still a fabulous looking car though and hasn't changed our minds about the decision to acquire one.

Arianne

·
Registered
453 Posts
Arianne said:
Jags cat said:
This is their demonstrator ready to begin test drives on Monday. There is an embargo until then and each car is tracked by the standard software that owners also will have. It knows where the car is and appears as a little dot on a map on your smartphone. So Jaguar also know if the cars are being used as demonstrators for test drives too early.

Funny you should say about the profile of the car from the third picture as I also thought it has a RRS look about it.

We have been checking out the HiFi on these cars. In Edinburgh they had the base 80w system and that didn't sound great, TBH. The tonal adjustment is via a basic bass, treble and single mid-range sliding bar control in the media settings. That helped a little but it was still underwhelming. This car has the 380w system that is standard with the S version. But still the same tonal adjustment control and no proper graphic equaliser. It was better, decent maybe, but you would not take it out for a drive one your own just to listen to the music! The speakers sit behind the door card, as with all cars, but there is no speaker grille cover. Instead the door card has holes drilled in it to let the sound out. The only difference visually with the 380w system is the addition of a Meridian sticker on the doors. Not great IMHO. Upgrade to Touch Pro and it doesn't look like even that comes with a multi frequency equaliser so I am guessing folk need to part with the full 2k to access the 825w system and then maybe?

We are just hoping that the soundtrack from the car when driven is the centre of attention as well as the handling, since the HiFi certainly is not.

Still a fabulous looking car though and hasn't changed our minds about the decision to acquire one.

Arianne
The embargo was till Monday but I called in my dealership yesterday to show my son the cars and got offered a test drive, so I went out in a portfolio , very very nice car, can't comment on the sound system tho as we didn't have the infotainment turned on
Not to fussed as I have opted for the full 825w system in my car
Can't wait to get it now

1 - 7 of 7 Posts