Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone
I am looking for advice and options on the following extras offered by jaguar.
Paint / scratch protection I hear doesn't cover bonnets or roofs ? Anyone know of available cheaper options elsewhere
Alloy wheel protection I've looked at a few other companies but most don't cover diamond cut wheels ??
Gap cover and also tyre cover all seem very expensive from dealer
Can we not all post any good alternatives if we find them on here to share
Thank you
Michael

·
Registered
948 Posts
Mick1963 said:
Hi everyone
I am looking for advice and options on the following extras offered by jaguar.
Paint / scratch protection I hear doesn't cover bonnets or roofs ? Anyone know of available cheaper options elsewhere
Alloy wheel protection I've looked at a few other companies but most don't cover diamond cut wheels ??
Gap cover and also tyre cover all seem very expensive from dealer
Can we not all post any good alternatives if we find them on here to share
Thank you
Michael
I'm unsure if the usual alloy repair places do diamond cut wheel but the usual price for rim repair is £100 per wheel. Unless you are brutal I can't see the benefit of taking it out because I've only scratched one rim in the last 4 yrs.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just taken out GAP insurance with ALA as per the discount we get on here, very good value indeed, also half the price of the dealer offered alternative.

Was going to take out the wheel protection but as mentioned no one seem to cover the diamond cut 22 double helix wheels.. Just going to have to be very very careful...

And the paint and scratch not too sure about that seem to have too many no covers, like flat surfaces, bonnets and roofs..

Also having my car detailed and coated at the weekend independently, dealer lost out on the lot due to no discount on my car... Oh dear indeed.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I don't think the 22 helix are diamond cut so you should be fine. I got the alloy insurance from my dealer, I got them down to £211 and it's upto 18 repairs over three years so actually pretty competitive and as its via the dealer I know my 22's are definitely covered :)

·
Registered
207 Posts
I took all covers offered on my FE... interesting to hear that the paint/scratch cover isn't worth it.. will Def have to look into this one.. yet if anyone can shed more light on it; such as what's not covered then it would be appreciated as I'm going to phone the insurance tomorrow, and this is already playing on my mind.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My dealer was very reluctant to answer when I asked does the paint protection cover everything.
The small print I read said no cover for flat surfaces ie bonnet, roof so put me off taking it at their price. A lot cheaper ones out there.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Mick1963 said:
My dealer was very reluctant to answer when I asked does the paint protection cover everything.
The small print I read said no cover for flat surfaces ie bonnet, roof so put me off taking it at their price. A lot cheaper ones out there.
Cheaper ones from where?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi
Ala £241
Car2cover £226
Cheaper than my dealer quote at £475
Others available and packages inc wheel / tyre cover
Hope this helps

·
Registered
207 Posts
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was quoted and paid:

499 purgard (invoiced 299) take that anomaly into consideration!!

Wheel/tyre cover £649 (but I also have a document where it is clearly stated that it is £450) under Wheel/Tyre damage cover

Paint scratch cover £453

GAP £599

face value £2k paid in full upfront (649+299+453+599) of which if purgard was £499 it took it to 2200 of which he offered a discount of £200... hence 2k paid.

But it all seems smoking and mirrors..

I have 1 week left of the 30 days to cancel and get a refund and go elsewhere... thoughts?

Also thanks for the break down in your costs as if no one else can offer options I may go with what you did as well.

If anyone can offer advice on where to look (if they have taken out any of the above on their FE with a different company) please let me know... important I believe, not just for me, but for everyone.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was going to do a combined gap, tyre, alloy and scratch policy but then found my insurance has free back to invoice / purchase price ( equal to gap ) inc in first year policy and with a quote under £300 worth it for gap value alone.
NFU policy includes back to purchase price for 2 years but more expensive.
You need to check some alloy policies do not cover diamond cut which I believe are the ones fitted on fp
Cheers
Michael

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just checked my original dealer quotes
GardX. £500
24mth extra warranty £1000
Tyre ins £350
Alloy ins £350
Scratch £475
Gap £780
Total 3455 !!! Ouch

We should all get quotes compare and post on here

·
Registered
195 Posts
ALA offer cover for 3 years for a First Edition as follows:
Vehicle Replacement + Gap Insurance £361
Tyre Cover only up to 20" so no quote
Alloy Wheel cover £186
Scratch and Dent £241
LESS 5% discount offered elsewhere on the forum so much better value.

·
Registered
207 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
Tyre(22)/Alloys/Scratch/Dent/Gap from my dealer is just under £1100

Still shopping around.
Cover2car (or car2cover) is about the same £1100 for all the above, I looked immediately when I realised I've been ripped off, from today's posts.

ala won't cover 22" wheels, and I stopped there in everything else, will look again tomorrow.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The best quote I have found today is with Total Loss Gap

Tyres £213

Alloys £169 Inc Laser / diamond cut ****Only thing they don't list wheels above 20" but maybe worth a call****

Combine the two and its discounted to £299

4 claims per year, most other quotes I have found are max 3 claims. Tyres / alloys

Scratch and dent £229

6 claims per year on scratch / dent

Gap 2 yr cover ( deferred first year as my insurance covers replacement vehicle year 1) £184

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Mick1963 said:
The best quote I have found today is with Total Loss Gap

Tyres £213

Alloys £169 Inc Laser / diamond cut ****Only thing they don't list wheels above 20" but maybe worth a call****

Combine the two and its discounted to £299

4 claims per year, most other quotes I have found are max 3 claims. Tyres / alloys

Scratch and dent £229

6 claims per year on scratch / dent
Is that to cover 3 years?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi
Yes to cover 3 years on all except the Gap which is 2 years

Most other quotes I have had are limited to 3 claims per year, and some have an excess of £15 per claim this being £10 and tyre cover is standard at £300 again most others are £150. No idea what a new tyre will cost ???

1 - 20 of 34 Posts