Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just an idea for all those who don't want to wait until next year. All the dealers will be replacing their demos after about 5-6 months. It is usually a shorter time period than this, however as we know they only have so much allocation now left per year, and as I understand it from my dealer...the replacements come from that remaining allocation too!! ( yeah I didn't know that either DOH).
There is also of course the showroom cars, which usually get swapped over to demonstraters. Legally dealers can't sell ex demos until they are 90 days old, and judging by test drive bookings being 1 hour only at my dealer, they are trying to keep the miles down on them too! So you could ask to have your name against an ex demo.... Unfortunately ... Again... They won't be as cheap as they would have been. due to demand, and the fact they come fairly loaded with options. The 2d R sport in showroom was just under £48,000 inc splash guards of course :lol:

And surely they will have to comply with their own rule of not selling a new F pace for 6 months. Or are the rules different for those who make them!

For all those lucky FE1 and 1.5 owners out there who still have not been given the handover date, I think I speak for the majority on this forum.... NOT bloody good enough Jag..you made a big song and dance about this limited edition.. messed about with numbers... Then introduced the 1.5 but won't officially call it an FE..then get loads of cars and hundreds of journalists 1000's of miles away to test the car, and you can't seem to get 200 / 250 cars to dealers and give the owners at least a months notice of a handover date.

Customer service it's not rocket Surgery ( yes that's what we say in automotive testing )
The car is now officially a success .. Don't **lls it up now, give customers an official date!

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
It's a fair point. You would think as everything gets closer you would have a firm or even a rough date that the dealers can officially give as a direct communication from jaguar Uk.
If you have an FE ordered and the release date is the 18th the surely just communicate saying listen guys we plan to release it between the 18th and 25th or by the end of April
If you have an early order then surely there is a date that can be given out,
Some people have dates , others don't.
Then the pure mis-information and rumours. One dealership member saying petrol engines won't arrive until October !!

It's about 4 bits of information to make sure gets down channel and is updated regularly as required,

Not hard you'd think

1 - 3 of 3 Posts