Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Really pleased to be joining this forum.

Have been a RR Evoque owner for 3 years having owned Jags prior to that. Had been seriously considering switching to the new Discovery Sport and had had an extended 5 hour test drive in an HSE Lux and negotiated the deal at the dealership. Was really close to committing to buy but decided to hold fire until I had the opportunity to see and touch the F-Pace having previously only had sight in the brochure. I am so glad I did hesitate.

Had pleasure in seeing the F-Pace for the first time in a dealer showroom at a 1 day launch event last Wednesday. Needless to say it was top of the range 3.0 S with £15k of extras added. Stunning car in Rhodium Silver sparkling under showroom lighting. The looks and quality of this car were superb.

Decided there and then that I just had to have one and placed my order for 2.0 R-Sport Auto in Italian Racing Red (based on seeing an XF in this colour in showroom) with the black/red leather interior. Was sorely tempted with the Rhodium Solver though and may adjust choice once I've seen an actual R=Sport in IRR. Would appreciate any feedback in this regard.

Never before ordered a car when unable to finalise the deal with part exchange details sorted, which is a little unnerving. Best estimate of build date is November earliest although this cannot be certain for some time yet. This would mean early 2017 before delivery which is a long time to wait.

Clearly much patience will need to be exercised, even more so when these beautiful cars start appearing in the showrooms and on the roads.

·
Registered
31 Posts
hi mikey
welcome to the forum
i have ordered the same spec as you.i have a xf in italian racing red and its a great colour and easy to keep clean,
i placed my initial deposit easter last year and confirmed order in late september so had a long wait.
i had a vip invite to see the f-pace at the factory in december and that confirmed i had made the right choice,still waiting for
a confirmed del date,hope to find out next week.

·
Registered
922 Posts
+1 switching Evoque owner,... Maybe +2 if I can covince Mrs jags cat out of her new facelift evoque as it keeps throwing up problems, back in for software prob... Back in next week... Brakes squealing like a stuck pig... Again!!! However... If Jaguar don't sort this delivery debarcale out we will be heading back to Audi / Lexus or even dare I say it Merc, and I wish they wouldn't keep throwing their incompetence back to supplying dealers to deal with! It's only a date we need....Sort your ***t out Jag!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Welcome....... I'm keeping my Evoque as I have found it to be faultless, but adding an F Pace S to the fleet :)

·
Registered
922 Posts
My wife and I both have Evoques but mine is nearly 3 years old now, mine like your has been faultless except a small rattle from the rear door every now and then which they can't find. Even more bizarre is the DAB in my car old version works better than hers... and they have no idea why? The only concern. with F Pace is the same engine and bulk of Ecu software as wife's facelift Evoque!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'll be keeping my evoque too, although I'll be handing it down to wifey when the f-pace arrives. I only bought the evoque to tide me over but wifey wants it now and getting rid of her 3 series convertible, the evoque has done a grand total of 700 miles! :D

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hi MikeyT

I'm getting an F-Pace because I like the shape and size, but I have to say my colleague at work has just taken delivery of a Discovery sport and in my opinion the sport's interior is far superior to the F-Pace. I have read with interest concerns over the (poor) interior quality of this car and I tend to agree. The upholstery on the Pace is nowhere near the quality of the sport. Every picture and car in real life that I've seen (F Pace and other jags) all seem to have rucks and puckers in the leather especially the middle of the rear seat and the front seat side bolsters - it's a shame - all leather work on the sport looks cushioned and taught. I'm going for a portfolio just for the leather, I don't think I could live with Taurus. Much of the door in the sport is covered in leather - bonded leather it may be, but it looks stunning, we're going to get cheap hard plastics with perforations to let the sound from the speakers out - what about some really smart bezelled speaker covers? It doesn't take much. As another poster says, I guess we need to remember it's only a £34K car - a shame though it could have been really fantastic. Perhaps they'll do a "super-luxe" model in the future. :twisted: advocate.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Everyone

I'm new to the forum as of today, in a desperate bid to find out when I might expect to take delivery of my order:

An F-Pace petrol S in Ammonite Grey on black helix 22s with black/red interior.

I too had an evoque dynamic for 4 years and I'm converting cause I fell in love with the concept car.

Matt

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi. I'm in the same club. I've had 2 Evoques and loved them (current one is an Autobiography), but wanted something with a bigger boot and a more powerful engine (my wife has a RRS with the 3.0D engine). F-Pace perfectly fits the bill. Now just need to be patient until they build it...

G

·
Hello .. well we were told Sept ... but being told and actual delivery is totally different, so will need to wait and see what happens

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi all

I too am changing from Evoque to F-Pace, it seems to be the thing to do! I first saw the F-Pace on transporters on the M40/A34 on the way to Hampshire in February and actually sat in one at the New York motor show at Easter -the JLR stand was fantastic and well attended with great interest, the SVR looked stunning.

Having tested a Portfolio (which I figured was a similar spec to my Prestige Lux Evoque) and 'built ' it to an appropriate spec, a white sport appeared at the dealers and it was all change! The best features of the Evoque have been added to the F-Pace and an order placed at the weekend, delivery predicted for October or November.

To my amazement, the dealer called this week and asked if I wanted my car next month - of course I said yes :D ! I do feel a little guilty jumping the queue (it's just not British is it) and can hardly believe my good fortune, maybe the black rescue cat I have is the source of my luck (a mini jaguar look a like!!).

So not too long a wait for me, I will be sad to see my Evoque go but the F-Pace is just too much temptation.

Saski

1 - 17 of 17 Posts