Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after seven weeks of ownership I sadly returned my FP back to the dealer for a full refund.......The gremlins had moved in and were gradually taking over with something new cropping up with each week of ownership! The latest which was not included in the email below was the electric sun blind for the panoramic roof which had a habit of closing on its own for no reason?

I know there is "supposed" to be an ITCP software update coming in October but they don't mention which October??? If it was just the ITCP then maybe I would have waited but sadly all of the other problems were starting to really annoy me!

My dealer alone has so far taken back four "rejected" FP's and so I know its a big problem for JLR but what I can't understand is that they are still continuing to sell the FP along with all of the other models in their range (Jaguar and LR) with ICTP still listed as an option!

I wish everyone the best of luck with their FP's and I for one will most definitely miss its gorgeous looks, especially the ride comfort and handling......if only it was as reliable as a Merc! So I have ordered a new GLC fully loaded with air suspension and will run that for a year or two until the twin turbo engine/hybrid goes into the FP and all of the teething problems have been sorted!

Copy below of email sent to my dealer.......which was replied to very promptly, holding their hands up to the long delay in getting me a loan car etc. finishing with an offer of a full refund if I wanted to go down this road (excuse the pun)! Which after pondering over for many hours I reluctantly accepted.

Vehicle: F-Pace 2.0d R-Sport Auto
Registration No: 35 KP
Present Mileage: 1400
Date of Registration: 22/07/2016
Chassis No: SADCA2AN4HA074029

FAULTS SO FAR WITH THIS VEHICLE (most intermittent)

The 14 way Memory seats/Electric Steering Column have a mind of their own? several times now I will go back to the car and the steering wheel is fully extended out towards the drivers seat and sometimes the drivers seat is also in a totally different position than when I left it? The steering column does this in Auto mode or Auto Off mode?? It even once had the audacity to do it after I closed the door leaving me in a driving position that could have been set for Warwick Davis! (press Memory 1 and all goes back to its set position)
The Air conditioning turns itself on and off half way through a journey even though the A/c and Auto switch lights are not lit up? Bearing in mind I paid an extra £1500 for an opening roof which I prefer to have open rather than have the A/c on when the outside temperature is under 21 Degrees!
The Reverse sensor bleepers make a distorted sound, some times?
The Reverse sensors start going mad giving you the impression that you are about to hit something that simply is not there?? This is not helpful when you have a Great Dane stood up in the back so you can't see out of the back window, reverse camera not working and parking sensors you can't rely on….all in a "state of the art" Jaguar costing £56,000
When Reverse gear is selected the camera doesn't always come on but the 360 park distance control still works when in reverse?
Select Reverse sometimes and all you get is the Jaguar motive with the park sensors working but no camera and no 360 ?
The L/H mirror doesn't always return to its normal position after reversing?
The gesture tailgate is very "hit and miss" and works about 6 out of 10 times on average……but obviously I have only had the car in the summer, in the winter when the car is dirty it would be useless trying to operate it with your foot unless you don't mind getting your trousers dirty as they hit the bumper!!
Mood lighting turns itself off occasionally for no reason?
Sign recognition often displays the incorrect information?

THE INFOTAINMENT SYSTEM…….where shall I start!
Insert a CD in the player and it will try and tell me that it is upside down (obviously it is not) or it will say that it needs cleaning even though its fresh out of the box!
The CD might play after a lot of effort has been made convincing the unit that it is a genuine CD……but it will only play a few tracks and then play the same tracks again? and then after a lot of swearing and cussing (by me) it might decide, "all on its own" to play all of the tracks (but with no album cover graphics…..that would be too much to ask) BUT when you have plucked up enough courage to request that the CD player (that you have coughed up £1710 for) play another CD it won't eject the first one……after several attempts of extraction it then informs me in a little pop up banner that there is NO CD in the player! Ahhhhhhhhh So you have to wait until you have stopped and then after 15 minutes, reboot the system, ask it nicely and it might just let you have the original CD back? (not helpful when it is someone else CD and they are waiting to take it with them when you drop them off!!!
After re-establishing that the CD player is frustratingly a "A complete waste of dash space" I decided to play some music from the I-Phone 6……so I plugged it into the USB socket and all seemed well until I wanted to select a playlist! by now The ITCP gremlins have also moved into this department! I press the selection line showing the playlist I want but nothing happens so after several presses, if your lucky it might decide to work…...and this is how it is most times you want to select anything new? But the next day it could operate (for a while) without a hitch….until the gremlins wake up of course!!
When I get into my car I often want to call someone on hands free (usually the good samaritans for re-assurance that its the car and not me) so half a mile up the road I press the "Recent Numbers" section to the left of the screen and it should then displays these numbers but sometimes it is still trying to download them for the remainder of the journey….how ever long that may be? so I usually give up after 5 miles or so, pull over and make the call!
Sometimes the Jaguar Motif in the Middle of the screen stays alight as the system does not shut down properly…..sometimes up to 2 hours?
The Graphics displayed for the track playing sometimes gets a bit mixed up with the track titles whereby it will show the correct title but the previous album cover? (obviously must be the gremlins having a laugh)
CD player will stop woking and display the track numbers going 10 to the dozen…….and all I can hear in the background are the gremlins laughing their Paws off
The car is on my driveway stationary with the engine off and the keys in my pocket…..I am stood near the car and my mobile rings, I answer the call, start a conversation then all of a sudden I am speaking to myself (Good samaritans have either given up or hung up) The call transfers itself via bluetooth to the car!!! This happens every time

NB the vehicle has already been back to you once for the first two items and obviously as most of these issues are intermittent……..you guessed it they could not get them to duplicate?
so after talking personally to Scott the technician when I picked the car up he was going to arrange with JLR for a loan vehicle for a week or two whilst they had my vehicle in for some "in-depth investigation" but JLR came back a week later (via your service dept) and were sorry but there was no loan vehicles available at the moment…….I wonder why?????

After not hearing anything for 10 days, last week I contacted your service department again and was told that they can't give me a loan vehicle for an extended period for almost 4 weeks! I did book it in for the 20th September but as the faults are growing by the day and are really starting to annoy me I would like something sorted in the next week or so please
NB the loan vehicle must be able to accommodate a Great Dane in the back! If I don't hear back from you by Monday 5th I will take this matter up with JLR and also consider rejecting the vehicle! As you can see from the above I haven't completely lost my sense of humour but believe me it's fading fast, everybody and their dog are asking questions about the vehicle wherever i take it and up until now I have lied and given it a glowing report but when i take out some friends in the evening and the reverse bleepers go off on their own and I brake heavily only to find there is nothing there and then one of them asks if its got those fancy coloured lights like his S Class I look down and the mood lighting has mysteriously turned itself off or coming back down the M3 late at night without the A/c on with the temp set at a comfortable 21 Deg when all of a sudden there is ice cold air coming through the vents and the person in the front seat asks if I have just turned on the A/c as they are cold Etc Etc. Enough is Enough!

I look forward to hearing from you very soon

Regards

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
I am sorry to hear your leaving the family but I do understand your reasons why, I hope you have a better experience with the Merc.

Unless JLR stand up and start listening these issues are going to only get bigger.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yes, I'm sorry to hear this too and am hoping for a better experience when mine is delivered. The dealer updated me recently to tell me the estimated build date is now 21st Oct and delivery is 18th-23rd Nov, but wondering how happy an experience this will be. Hopefully the latest software update for ICTP will fix the issues and be installed in my car from day one. Here's hoping!

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Fair enough really. I've not had anywhere near the problems you've had but aligned with the comfort and ride issues and the fact I don't even want to drive it into town anymore I'm losing the love
It's booked in for all issues to be looked at.
If not I may well follow you then buy an FType and a second hand SUV for same cash but have all the fun.
For me the FPace only comes into its own for about 5% of my journeys which is a shame.
I took a roundabout and turn off at a silly speed today going to the supermarket lol.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Quite literally a comedy of errors! Enjoyed your humour in that e-mail but sorry you've had to go through that. After three very reliable Audis, I'm feeling a bit nervous about switching brands. Building next week so I'll find out soon enough.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Bobcat said:
Quite literally a comedy of errors! Enjoyed your humour in that e-mail but sorry you've had to go through that. After three very reliable Audis, I'm feeling a bit nervous about switching brands. Building next week so I'll find out soon enough.
I am exactly the same. My FP is due in the next week or so, and after 6 years of faultless 5 Series BM's, I am getting seriously concerned....

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I really don't want anything else as the FP ticks all the boxes. I fear I am just going to have to hope the update fixes it, if not, reject it for another one, and if that's still faulty by then it will have to be plan B!!!!! Still gotta decide what that will be though?!

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Mbadger77 said:
Fair enough really. I've not had anywhere near the problems you've had but aligned with the comfort and ride issues and the fact I don't even want to drive it into town anymore I'm losing the love
It's booked in for all issues to be looked at.
If not I may well follow you then buy an FType and a second hand SUV for same cash but have all the fun.
For me the FPace only comes into its own for about 5% of my journeys which is a shame.
I took a roundabout and turn off at a silly speed today going to the supermarket lol.
Sounds a bit depressing.... Is this mainly related to the 'pitch' over speed bumps etc? I read somewhere that some September delivered cars had duff suspension software loaded....

Hopefully, if the ICTP update works & the fix the CD at some point you may feel the love again!

If I get plagued with problems I think I'll get an XFR-S estate.... No other SUV 'floats me boat'.... The new XF (if it eventually gets a sportbrake added to the range) has poorly shaped door openings and I couldn't live with it....

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Yes Corrie - it is a bit and I think it's the ride and almost unsafe feeling the rear puts you under sometimes. It's a car I don't want to drive into town. It may be the suspension isn't faulty and on the whole it's very good but when I loaded up the boot with water even at 10mph made the back feel like it was jelly on a plate. It wobbled back and forth 2/3 times and almost felt like it was wagging the front of the car and the steering.

This was an exaggerated set of circumstances and correlates to the higher speed issues at 70mph ive felt.

The system and tech issues are now almost an excuse I think to contemplate releasing the car from my car. I'm pretty sure they can fix the tech problems when it goes in and I really hope I do have a suspension setup that's just not quite right. If it's all fixed maybe I can again start to love the car just like I did with the XF - that car always filled me with pride and I loved getting in for ANY journey. The F-pace doesn't give me a sense of joy for any journey and sometimes I've even put off journeys due to it.
the sound of the engine is the greatest thing about it. Looks maybe next
I'll see how next two weeks go and make a decision then

G

·
Same here !
I wonder every day if I should keep my car.
Ride comfort is really bad and bouncy, I have so many noises (speakers included) that I don't enjoy the journeys.
I leave it on Wednesday evening at the dealer. We'll see what they can do.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts