Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is having 2.5 upgrade so I have a loan XF. With not much else to do took some friends to country pub in middle of Kent.

After nice lunch and just sitting and chatting I could over hear 4 people behind me all talking rather excitedly about one of their friends or relatives who had just got a "brand new offroady jaguar thingy" that caught my attention, and sure enough one said FPace suv. They then went on to discuss all the great things it did, remote start checking car on phone etc.

So just remember guys n gals we do have cars that really are crowd pleaders even if they are not perfect they draw people in. Makes me think that I'm not blinded to the faults by the appeal of the car, that's genuine!

Left pub with smile even though my offroady thingy was off road!

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Its a good looking car with some really cool tech inside it. Performance is fantastic and drive is good
Has faults but its a good car.
Some faults of course but thats what you find when driving day to day. As a talking point for an outsider they look with some envy at times I'm sure.

·
Registered
117 Posts
It's also very likely that the vast majority (I hope) are totally fault free, I'm one of them, a lady half a mile down the road is another. There will be somewhere around 5 and 6000 of these on UK roads now. I see between 2 and 4 a day now, if anyone is parked with their vehicle I always have a quick word, and have never had a negative comment yet.

I guess it's the old story, a dissatisfied customer wants to tell everyone, whereas a satisfied customer has nothing to report.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Well my car now has over 2000 miles on the clock so I am letting rip! I just completed over 500 miles this week across every type of terrain possible, from urban crawl to motorway, fast windy A & B road, dirt tracks & bumpy fields.

Good grief this is a hugely competent car. Yesterday I spent 6 hours in it without a stop (unless you include stationary on the M4 for 90 mins) and I could have easily got straight back in and done another 6. It is the most comfortable car I've ever owned (apart from the odd suspension issue that only happens on a certain type of urban road).

More than that however is the way it covers ground. Not wishing to start a 3.0 vs 2.0 or petrol vs diesel debate, I think the 3.0d really suits the FP so well. The way it gathers speed with zero drama is frankly ridiculous, but the way you can hold on to that speed through bends is bordering on unbelievable given this is a large SUV.

One of my fellow directors has a 2015 Audi S4 avant, and whilst he could catch me on the straights on our 60 mile run across country on Wednesday, he couldn't stay with me through the twisty stuff, and that's amazing when you think about it (he is also a better driver than me) .. he's a car nut and he was stunned, and having ridiculed me for buying another JLR he was now asking for a go and then "how much are these?" type questions.. LOL.

Whereas driving my old M3 or XKR or Boxster fast was an adrenaline rush .. there's simply no fuss at all in the FP. That might not be your thing, but I love it. Rapid, silent, calm. My passenger remarked how he'd never really experienced a "mile eater" before but this was definitely one. He's right. I'm so looking forward to our drive down to Zurich at Christmas :)

The only wrinkle on the page, the only fly in the ointment, is the terrible bouncy back end ride when I hit the roads a few miles from home. It's very odd to have a 280 mile run of sheer pleasure and then the final 3 miles to be so uncomfortable. It does make me wonder if I've bought the wrong car for my daily drive. If Jag can't get to the bottom of it I suspect I will live with it. They are at least sending a JLR technician to my home to experience what I am on local roads.

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
I feel exactly the same about the comfort and ease with which this car drives as you do, it's the best I've ever had and not at all fatiguing to spend hours in, behind the wheel . . and yes, I am only in a lowly 2ltr version :eek: , I know you 3ltr guys will never believe me when I say this, but my 2ltr r-sport has never once felt underpowered to me yet! It goes like . . :cool:

. . . and don't get me started on torque vectoring on twisty roads . . . OMG, it's pure L O V E :p

·
Banned
444 Posts
AlSnr said:
It's also very likely that the vast majority (I hope) are totally fault free, I'm one of them, a lady half a mile down the road is another. There will be somewhere around 5 and 6000 of these on UK roads now. I see between 2 and 4 a day now, if anyone is parked with their vehicle I always have a quick word, and have never had a negative comment yet.

I guess it's the old story, a dissatisfied customer wants to tell everyone, whereas a satisfied customer has nothing to report.
The description you might be looking for is reasonable people, not those that are constantly looking to find fault at every opportunity.

It's a great car enjoy!

·
Registered
887 Posts
JLR#5 couldn't agree more, drove 300 miles up into Scotland on Wednesday and 300 miles back on Thursday, no aches, no pains, and quite fresh after both journeys.

·
Registered
492 Posts
The description you might be looking for is reasonable people, not those that are constantly looking to find fault at every opportunity.

It's a great car enjoy![/quote]

You are getting BORING now russell, we are all reasonable people, all we want is a good car fully working.

If we have a problem this is the best place to discuss the problem, not listen to your childish comments

·
Registered
887 Posts
big jon said:
Russell said:

It's a great car enjoy!
You are getting BORING now russell, we are all reasonable people, all we want is a good car fully working.

If we have a problem this is the best place to discuss the problem, not listen to your childish comments
I wish there was a 'like' button.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Well, I am going to further congratulate Jag after the week I have had, 500 miles in town, motorway, some carrying people, most on my own, what a car.

It covers ground with total ease, I have come to the conclusion that, with the sun out, set the heater to my feet at 24*C, heated seat on low, with the pano roof fully open is now my new favorite way to cover ground.

I remote start it when it is cold ( although it would not connect this morning!) and just drive it. I stopped for diesel and some chap wanted to look all over it, saying he wished he had the income to buy it, and that it looked better in real life than Autocar tests.

My passengers think it is comfortable, and even four up is hugely capable.

The ITCP, I still believe, makes the interior of this car, mine works, so that helps, and the 14 way seats extremely comfortable.

People let me out of junctions, and it has struck the right cord with clients, so all in all very happy.

It goes in Monday for a bracket as there is some rubbing at the front, and they diagnosed a new bracket, as well as the 2.5 update I believe.

·
Banned
444 Posts
Fantastic, you F-PaceS are like the overwhelming majority of owners delighted with your car, as am I.

It is nice to see some positive comments on this forum, It makes a change from the boring, childish whingers that seem to occupy most of the posts!

You F-PaceS have mentioned that you have a small issue with a bracket and a software update, why are you not jumping up and down shouting "rejection". I can answer that for you, it is because you are a reasonable and fair individual.

G

·
Russell said:
Fantastic, you F-PaceS are like the overwhelming majority of owners delighted with your car, as am I.

It is nice to see some positive comments on this forum, It makes a change from the boring, childish whingers that seem to occupy most of the posts!

You F-PaceS have mentioned that you have a small issue with a bracket and a software update, why are you not jumping up and down shouting "rejection". I can answer that for you, it is because you are a reasonable and fair individual.
God ... and it goes on :roll:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Russell said:

Most of the posts are taken up with whingers as there are more of them than 100% happy customers
Get a poll going mr jlr.....simple yes or no answer not if/ but / maybe. ARE FPACE OWNERS 100% HAPPY WITH THEIR VEHICLES

·
Registered
612 Posts
Kaspa said:
Russell said:

God ... and it goes on :roll:
Ignore the Trolls ... it's the best way, feeding them even a simple reply just feeds their ego.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Is it possible to have any threads on here about the cars, faults included without comments about the commentators. Frankly this forum is beginning to become a kiddies playground.... "Blah blah blah he started it! No I didn't... Blah blah blah yes you did... I'm going to tell your mummy...."

Al I wanted to do was say the cars do have an aura in spite of not all being exactly value for money considering the type of faults and cost of cars.

Clearly there are people in thre categories, those totally happy(jealous of you guys) those prepared to resolve the issues ( me up to a point) and those pushed beyond this point. It's individual tolerance levels that decide which you are in but no one can really judge anyone else's opinion.

I would just like to get other opinions of issues and problems whether they are the problems caused by the car or my lack of knowledge. Frankly I could care less if you like or dislike my decisions on what I do. If I had a situation that meant I successfully sued Jaguar and jeaporadised them as a business that's tough on the rest of you. I wouldn't hesiitate.

That's unlikely but my point is you guys do what you feel is necessary but please stop whinging at each other.

·
Banned
1,133 Posts
Ro66ter ...they've given you a roasting on the American website ...just read your post ...looks like the shipments to America were inspected before they left the U.K. And their cars are fine
I don't think they can believe you left the dealers without inspecting the car first ....
One person thought you work for a rival company and was running jaguar down :shock:
Typical not only are their cars fully loaded and cheaper ....they are perfect
Just to let you know :
http://www.fpaceforum.com/forum/jaguar-f-pace-general-discussion-forum/20482-rejection-fpace.html

·
Registered
419 Posts
.......what's all this 2 v 3 ltr nonsense about. Yesterday i whipped by a 3ltr SC like the bloody thing was standing still in my low class 2ltr thingy on the M1. Reason? because he was, as near as damn it is to swearing, conforming to the maximum permitted speed limit for this land of ours, deemed to be the safest place anywhere in Europe to stay alive whilst on the road with the exception of Sweden apparently. The crux of this tale is to let you know that I don't intend to make a habit of this sort of behaviour but on this occasion I simply could not resist the urge to make a 3ltr jobby look like an ice cream van. Regrettably, as I stuck two fingers up in his direction in order to vent my spleen at the collective big jobby owners, the bugger was looking the other way. Shame really as I don't suppose I'll ever get the chance again to come across another big boy actually driving in the manner which the law demands. What's the point of that 'traffic sign recognition' gadget anyway, good job it doesn't cost extra, :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
419 Posts
Forgot to mention I had the caravan on the back. :oops: :oops: :oops:

·
Registered
192 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
YORKIE said:
.......what's all this 2 v 3 ltr nonsense about. Yesterday i whipped by a 3ltr SC like the bloody thing was standing still in my low class 2ltr thingy on the M1. Reason? because he was, as near as damn it is to swearing, conforming to the maximum permitted speed limit for this land of ours, deemed to be the safest place anywhere in Europe to stay alive whilst on the road with the exception of Sweden apparently. The crux of this tale is to let you know that I don't intend to make a habit of this sort of behaviour but on this occasion I simply could not resist the urge to make a 3ltr jobby look like an ice cream van. Regrettably, as I stuck two fingers up in his direction in order to vent my spleen at the collective big jobby owners, the bugger was looking the other way. Shame really as I don't suppose I'll ever get the chance again to come across another big boy actually driving in the manner which the law demands. What's the point of that 'traffic sign recognition' gadget anyway, good job it doesn't cost extra, :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Easy answer, it would have been a 3.0 derv driver, there's no way you would have heard or known it's an SC above the sound of your agricultural clatter :lol: (and don't say you knew it was an SC because it was parked next to you in the services or something similar). You 2.0d boys are easy pray and easily identifiable from the front (in my rear view mirror) or behind when I blast pass you :lol: Us SC drivers are a rare breed :twisted: and if we do let you pass us it's only because we are feeling sorry for you :lol:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts