Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

Enhancement Programme !!

11K views 27 replies 17 participants last post by  CarlFRZ434 
#1 ·
Just received a letter from Jag saying that I am being offered an Enhancement Programme for my car to bring up to the latest vehicle specification! Says they are going to enhance:

• Infotainment updates - Feature reliability & enhancements
    Engine light illumination - Engine software robustness enhancements
    Electrical software update - Improvement in battery performance

Anyone else had this, and more importantly anyone had the enhancement completed? I ask as I currently have a fully working car (and have pretty much had one since I got the car back in June!).

#3 ·
Got my car back on Monday after having this done. Essentially the 2.5 update. However make sure that you do not want your car back quickly. My car was in for more than a week due to issue with one of the software downloads! Jaguar technical services had to get involved.
Worth the wait though ... CD now works and rear cameras are coming on every time .... plus the whole system does appear to start up quicker.

#4 ·
Thanks for feedback...... thought it would be the 2.5 upgrade..... Will see if I can loan the F-Type again from them when I book in :)

#5 ·
Yes I had a similar letter today but from my dealer Stratstone Nottingham. As I am waiting for my replacement vehicle to arrive after succesfully rejecting mine I cannot see much point in having this done.

#6 ·
I agree this is the 2.5 upgrade, which I have had done. However, this has not cured the CD issues for me - still can't play a CD all the way through without it freezing at some point. However, the 2.5 upgrade has definitely caused the CD freeze to occur less frequently.

#7 ·
Me too, mines booked in 4/5th January (6-10 hours of work) at Stratstone Nottingham !!

#8 ·
DAL said:
Me too, mines booked in 4/5th January (6-10 hours of work) at Stratstone Nottingham !!
Beware! I had this done prior to delivery. The salesman said it took the whole week due to some of the updates not "taking" correctly. It may take longer than 2 days.
My car has been perfect though so worth the wait.

#9 ·
Timbo62 said:
DAL said:
Beware! I had this done prior to delivery. The salesman said it took the whole week due to some of the updates not "taking" correctly. It may take longer than 2 days.
My car has been perfect though so worth the wait.
Yes initially I think they struggled with the process and there have been some unexpected results and bricking of units but generally all ok and it's a 3/4 hr job

#10 ·
It's good to hear that the enhancements work.
Since taking delivery my FE has spent more days in the dealership that I have driven it.

Mostly things that are caused by software issues I am told.

- door locking random
- sat nav screen flashing
- phone Bluetooth connection dropping
- 3G dropping
- radio not working.
- random temperature fluctuations
- rear view camera not working.
- music not working
- system freeze
- windows misting up

I have had a few updates already that take several days at a time to upload.

It's now going back in for a week in January to have further updates to try and get everything to work. I am told this is a major "enhancement"

I can only hope and pray it works.

#11 ·
I have been very lucky, I think my SC was one of the first cars on the road after the 1st Editions (May 11th) and has not been back to the dealer once nor have I had any really problems.

I am more worried the update will create issues that don't currently exist !!

#14 ·
You know the saying "if it's not broke don't try and fix it" You could say "let sleeping CATS lie"

#15 ·
Back today after being with dealer for 2 days, not had chance to drive as yet but will keep you posted on fix or foe lol

#16 ·
DAL said:
Back today after being with dealer for 2 days, not had chance to drive as yet but will keep you posted on fix or foe lol
Mines booked in for next Weds/Thurs....... Would be good to have your view before I have to commit!

#17 ·
Had mine done prior to delivery and it's been very good. Only issues I've had are sometimes inControl apps doesn't connect to the phone over USB properly and some mild steaming up / temperature fluctuations.

#18 ·
I think majority of problems people are getting are with the ICTP systems ie the full digital dash and bigger screens, with more gadgets fitted, they more you have the more chance of start up issues and bugs glitches etc.

As an after thought dont think you can blame the system for variable atmospherics and humidifies in the cabin causing misting up. You can get in to a car warm car with a damp coat on and the car will suck the moisture out of the coat and deposit it on a cold screen till the air coming through the vents is dry enough to demist.

#19 ·
^ the steaming up/freezing cold fluctuations happen over an extended drive. I only really notice them on >1 hour drives... on my monthly 5 hour drives to Devon I would say it goes through about 6-10 cycles between moist/damp and cold.

#20 ·
JLRnumber5 said:
^ the steaming up/freezing cold fluctuations happen over an extended drive. I only really notice them on >1 hour drives... on my monthly 5 hour drives to Devon I would say it goes through about 6-10 cycles between moist/damp and cold.
Well i have to say that is a strange one, not had that. With recent crapy weather we are having if i get in a bit damp or wet i find mine mists up but if i stick climate control on Auto and leave it on it dehumidifies the car and clears the condensation no problem.

#22 ·
if its like mine two steps forward one back...... Cd now works, ITCP faster, 3G connects more often, but still can't sign in to sat nav account, phone looses bluetooth connection mid call, speed limit on screen is wrong 15% of the time virus road signs (not newly changed limits) DAB radio reception is worse, i am nearly at 6 months time to make a decision...... mechanically fine but s/w not there yet..... i am starting to appreciate the simply pleasures of my daughters VW UP more and more.... low expectation but very much exceeded :)

#25 ·
Not had chance to drive it yet folks, work mad busy then off travelling internationally with work for a while :-(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.