Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I picked up my car last week and was surprised not to find a bottle of oil in the ever so slightly misaligned boot when I got home.

Seems like you are right - that particular derivative of Castrol Edge Professional is only available at the dealers - unless you know someone in the motor trade.

Topix (for Discovery Sport with the same engine) states SAE 0W-30 meeting Jaguar Land Rover specification STJLR.03.5007 (what you said :geek: ).

If unavailable, SAE 5W-30 meeting specification STJLR.03.5005 or meeting specification WSS-M2C934-B (which is a Ford Spec) may be used.

The latter is also a 5W-30 oil with various brands being compliant if you shop around for it.

Personally speaking I'd stick with the recommended specification; the Ingenium shouldn't burn much oil, other than very small amounts via the DPF

Nobody so far is posting that they are burning lots of oil whilst 'running in', otherwise a 1L bottle in the boot would probably be mandatory for the dealers to supply with every new car, as opposed to discretionary which is currently the case - or was as of this week when I phoned Jaguar directly and asked them.

This might change in time I guess , but for my part I just emailed the dealer to ask them for a bottle, which they gave me free of charge (at their discretion :D ).

·
Registered
118 Posts
View attachment 87
Milo said:
I picked up my car last week and was surprised not to find a bottle of oil in the ever so slightly misaligned boot when I got home.

Seems like you are right - that particular derivative of Castrol Edge Professional is only available at the dealers - unless you know someone in the motor trade.

Topix (for Discovery Sport with the same engine) states SAE 0W-30 meeting Jaguar Land Rover specification STJLR.03.5007 (what you said :geek: ).

If unavailable, SAE 5W-30 meeting specification STJLR.03.5005 or meeting specification WSS-M2C934-B (which is a Ford Spec) may be used.

The latter is also a 5W-30 oil with various brands being compliant if you shop around for it.

Personally speaking I'd stick with the recommended specification; the Ingenium shouldn't burn much oil, other than very small amounts via the DPF

Nobody so far is posting that they are burning lots of oil whilst 'running in', otherwise a 1L bottle in the boot would probably be mandatory for the dealers to supply with every new car, as opposed to discretionary which is currently the case - or was as of this week when I phoned Jaguar directly and asked them.

This might change in time I guess , but for my part I just emailed the dealer to ask them for a bottle, which they gave me free of charge (at their discretion :D ).

Attachments

·
Registered
245 Posts
Ro66ter said:
View attachment 87
Milo said:

What dealer is your car from?

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Was told by my dealer the only time you need to worry about oil is when it's serviced and your get that taken care of, if you need oil in between a service something is not right and to contact them, this is why there is no bottle of oil.

When I got my brand new Audi I had a 1 litre bottle that was like you say in the boot.

It appears you do not need this with the Fpace.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yep seems so - but it's nice to have a bottle around just in case

Ro66ter - my boot shut line (passenger side) looks the same as yours except it's just not quite as obvious with black paint - did you say that was after they'd had a go at sorting it?

Quite a few of the cars which were at the dealers this week, including their new demo and their showroom car had similar (to varying degrees!#%)

Some were obviously better than others - and on closer inspection I think its not just a tailgate issue, its just as probably a bumper fix issue, or even a combination of the two.

That shouldn't be our problem as customers though as the cars should look right first time.

There are clearly still some engineering design and development, plus manufacturing assembly/inspection 'teething problems' being worked through.

Dealers will need clear instructions on 'fixes' for common problems like specific shut lines - as opposed to JLR denying that problems exist (which I've read elsewhere re measurement points of reference ?), or dealers having to 'experiment' in three dimensions!#%

Pity, as having delayed for an October delivery (with a March order), I'd hoped against hope that this wouldn't have turned out to be the case when I finally got my car.

Just one week in I'm going to ask the salesman to make a note re my car's shut lines at their end (including pictures), but to leave it at that for the time being.

This is because I want to speak to the Jaguar people at the 'Art of Performance Tour' at Cholmondley in early November, where I'll ask if they think it's acceptable for shut lines such as the ones on the back of ours for such an expensive car.

I'll certainly be having a look at their cars at the event to see if they are all 'picture perfect' or not - bet they are! - and you never know they might have some mechanics on site :lol:

Back to mine, If its a minor/simple fix in due course then happy days.

If major surgery for a cosmetic improvement then not so happy - my experience re the latter on other JLR cars (the latest was an Evoque) is that one problem 'fixed' leads to another 'created' :eek: - Nearly three years in and we're still having warranty repairs done on the Evoque, with the latest one booked for two weeks before the standard warranty runs out. Extended Warranty here we come I guess.

Keep us posted through you shut line posts as to how you get on, and hopefully what the fix is?

My bet is its the bumper - so fingers crossed that's a simple fix if I'm right

1 - 6 of 6 Posts