Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I wanted to tell you that we bought a Jaguar Fpace in Sant Quirze (Bacelona), with 18,000 km, supposedly after the review and checked everything, at 34,000 km it was the first review and we passed it free to 37,500 (free). At 62000km without marking anything, or having any fault, the engine makes a noise and smoke comes out, the car has no oil, it has disappeared. They tell us that when we make the first review we have no guarantee. They are treating us very badly. Has anyone had motor or electrical problems? because it doesn't have a drop of oil? Has the engine seized? have we really lost the warranty?

·
Registered
743 Posts
How long since the last service or oil change?.
Service interval is 2yrs, you would need to add oil during that time, but I am surprised the service indicator did not come on.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Someone posted up here a few weeks ago about no oil in their jag. I too think it is something that should be checked by the driver regularly. So in the assumption this is done by the driver is there a problem of suddenly losing the oil?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Good evening all
Just reacting to "The 2.0L Diesel engines do use (burn) oil and need to be topped up!"
I have just completed 73,000 miles in 3.5 years with a 2.0l diesel
And never have had to top up
I very rarely take the engine above 2500rpm
What is the experience of other users with regards to oils consumption?
Regards

·
Registered
492 Posts
i have never had to top mine up between services, but i change oil annually had 4 services 28,000 miles

·
Registered
243 Posts
I've had to top my 2.0D a couple of times between services.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
One year from last service and 9000 miles. The oil indicator has never come on. Nor have they looked at the car and say it is not under warranty for spending miles in the first service a year ago.
Pathetic

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hi Sito23,
I recommend that you get an independant vehicle engineer to assess the engine and provide you with a report stating what caused the engine failure.
I had the same situation some years ago with a Ssangyong Rodius after 34000km- no warning light the engine seized and the car was towed back to the main dealer. After their own inspection they replaced the engine free of charge even though the warranty had expired. It was half way through the service interval at the time. The independant engineer merely stated that there was no outside damage to the engine to cause the loss of oil.

·
Registered
743 Posts
There is a service warning light on all models, depending on which model, some have a dipstick, some have an electronic sensor for oil level. If it's electronic you have to scroll through the menus to find the oil level, I think an indication comes up on the remote too but you have to look for it.
Mine did not need topping up between services but the service light came on at about 9000ml and quite likely there was fuel dilution topping it up.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have tried many times to check the oil level on the dashboard indicator. It always comes up with not available. When is this available to check. ? You really require a manual dip stick to be reassured.

About oil topped up between services. I have never required to add any oil to any vehicle I have owned during the last 20+ years.
If I had too then it would be gone.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Are you letting it settle?
Never had a problem checking.

Engines without a dipstick feature an electronic monitoring system. The engine oil level is not monitored when the engine is running, or when the vehicle is in motion.

Before checking the engine oil level, make sure that:

The vehicle is stationary and the Electric Parking Brake (EPB) is applied.

The vehicle is on level ground.

The engine oil has reached its normal working temperature (oil is hot).

The engine has been switched off for 10 minutes. The system does not give an accurate reading until the oil level has stabilised.

The oil level can then be checked as follows:

Switch on the vehicle's ignition. Do not start the engine. See SWITCHING ON THE IGNITION

Select Oil Level from the Vehicle Information instrument panel menu. See INSTRUMENT PANEL MENU.

The engine oil level indicator is displayed in the message centre.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.