Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have just ordered my R-Sport and incredibly excited I am to. Just need to decide on colour. Think black looks absolutely awesome (I fully accept that it may take a little more TLC to always look it's best but worth it) - but I really can't decide between the two blacks. I've only seen Ultimate Black in the flesh - is there much difference?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I had the same dilemma, the dealer said go for ultimate as he felt it would weather better.in the end having seen both I went for ultimate because I thought it looked nicer, the flake just adds an extra dimension
Either way I'm sure you will be pleased

·
Registered
142 Posts
Beany1 said:
Have just ordered my R-Sport and incredibly excited I am to. Just need to decide on colour. Think black looks absolutely awesome (I fully accept that it may take a little more TLC to always look it's best but worth it) - but I really can't decide between the two blacks. I've only seen Ultimate Black in the flesh - is there much difference?
I will try to help you....

1. Firstly congratulations on choosing black, it really is the best looking colour for the FP, not that I am even remotely biased by your choice ;)
2. They have to paint it anyway so why pay them to paint it again :?:
3. Salesman earn their best commission on extras, so of course they want you to have metallic
4. The ultimate black does indeed, under showroom lights or bright sunshine, look great and has some great sparkle to it but not as noticeable under grey skies and with a film of dust that is soon visible on all black cars (so if that bothers you choose silver or white)
5. Having always had black cars I would say that metallic does weather very slightly better
6. On private sale of black cars, I always advertise them as 'black' and never had anyone ask if it's metallic.
7. In the past when the salesperson stated that metallic will hold its value better at re-sale, I had a PCP quote on both and found there was little difference at the end of 3 years, in other words the metallic did not hold its value any better and would cost more in the long run. You could ask your salesperson to do a quote on both, I would be interested to know if that is the case now
8. I tend to keep my cars for 3-5 years so any extra spent on metallic is worthless after this time (with black), if I was looking to sell at 3 years or less I would probably go metallic as you have a more discerning type of secondhand buyer.
9. I also live down a dirt track/unadopted road (that's a 'private road' according to my neighbours) so my black cars are always covered in a film of dust during dry weather, hence I am not bothered about metallic or anal about having some special treatment for the paint

Hope this essay helps in your decision, either way you have chosen the best colour (again in my completely unbiased opinion :? ) ..... apart from maybe Storm Grey :shock:

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
See if you can find a flat black to look at
For me ultimate black easy decision

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.