Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm assuming that S mode on the auto gear box initiates the same gear change mapping as that found in dynamic mode... in which case, spinning the dial to 'S' whilst in dynamic mode wouldn't actually change anything.

Does anyone know for sure if that is the case?

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
MyNameIsMatt said:
I'm assuming that S mode on the auto gear box initiates the same gear change mapping as that found in dynamic mode... in which case, spinning the dial to 'S' whilst in dynamic mode wouldn't actually change anything.

Does anyone know for sure if that is the case?

No, putting it in S mode will mean the engine will gear change at a higher revs then in any other selected gearbox mode.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Correct. It changes up at a higher engine speed (and also down for engine braking).

Plus in S if you use the paddles it won't go back into Auto .. whereas in D it will go back in Auto (either after a period of time, or by holding the + for 1 second)

Also, you can set the box to only go into manual mode if in S (i.e. if you are in D and press a paddle nothing with happen)

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Also stick it into s at a stop the. Use the paddles to select gear 1 as it normally selects gear 2 for drive away from standstill and the once in 1st gear and in S mode stamp on the accelerator and use the paddles to quickly change gear to see what the real from start accelatron of the 3 litre engine can do, in D and auto mode it's not the same.

Hold tight and get ready to change gears on the paddles quickly

:eek: :shock: :D :lol:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Glad I asked now! Thanks for the replies - I didn't know about the 'select gear 1' thing, I have me some experimenting to do! :D

·
Registered
948 Posts
Dynamic mode seems to have its own gearbox program as it's D and S settings feel different to those of the normal mode.... at least that's how it feels to me.

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
luminated said:
Dynamic mode seems to have its own gearbox program as it's D and S settings feel different to those of the normal mode.... at least that's how it feels to me.
Dynamic mode will be different to Standard as it makes the accelerator more responsive and alters the stiffness of the car suspension.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts