Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Nope
Is that to do with the type of finance deal you're using? I checked with my dealer on this topic as I might want to swap my First Edition for a Petrol S and he said fine. You can settle the PCP deal early, etc.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I haven't had this request from my dealer (yet!). Seems like they're trying to deter speculators/investors who want to make a quick profit. I have no plans to sell mine for at least 2-3 yrs!

If there is an embargo on selling cars within the first 6 months perhaps it could further improve residuals especially with a 9-month waiting list already? Any thoughts...

·
Registered
154 Posts
Not worth the paper it's written on, If I legal own (and paid for in full) any item no court in the UK would prevent you from selling it. It would be rather unfair of Jaguar to put that constraint on you when they are using supply & demand to squeeze every last penny out of you. I mean £50 for a cup holder cover and not a penny off the asking price.

That's living in a capitalist society for you. Still if dealers want to try let them. I would be very surprised if this was backed by Jaguar and it all adds up to strong residuals.

Probably the same Jaguar dealer selling F-Pace FE dinky car on ebay for £60 when they should have been given out to customers who had ordered the full size FE version - Shame on you Hatfields you should be reported.

I was lucky enough to be given one at the Solihull event in November and another from my supplying dealer in January.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-JAGUAR-F-PACE-S-1-43-DIECAST-MODEL-/151989604670?hash=item236349513e:g:eek:8QAAOSw~otWcn~C

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-JAGUAR-F-PACE-1-43-DIECAST-MODEL-JBDC542BLY-/331770094519?hash=item4d3f09e3b7:g:eek:lcAAOSwo6lWOIIk

·
Registered
16 Posts
I like their optimism that profiteering is a possibility.
Jag will build as many F Paces as they can sell, unlike Porsche limiting Macan numbers or the Range Rover SVR which continues to command a premium.
As noted though, I would like to see the wording of the form. If you sign it then sell the car within 6 months what are they going to do, take you to court?? :D

·
Banned
1,133 Posts
This is where jaguar are getting it wrong....you spend sixty five grand and there's very little care/support/info/dates etc etc....we didn't even get an invite to see the factory.....paid deposit sept 2015 ....pretty poor they only had to get 200 (now 250) invites out

·
Registered
16 Posts
I got an invite to the factory and a tour by being registered with an early deposit. We all got the model of the F Pace left in our cars when the valet guys brought them back so to be fair pretty well looked after on the day with catering/presentations etc.
The problem is that the seat in my model and the windscreen had already come loose so I binned it! Let's hope the real ones are built better ;)

·
Registered
245 Posts
I agree with Waynem, as an FE customer (deposit paid 2015) it would have been nice to have been invited on a factory tour. I went all the way from Norfolk to Manchester to one of the Previews and the FE wasn't there, great!
After all said and done, we are currently and probably Jaguars' best ambassadors, expecting this car to be everything it has been billed.
ps Where's my Dinky Toy?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Earlybird said:
I like their optimism that profiteering is a possibility.
Jag will build as many F Paces as they can sell, unlike Porsche limiting Macan numbers or the Range Rover SVR which continues to command a premium.
As noted though, I would like to see the wording of the form. If you sign it then sell the car within 6 months what are they going to do, take you to court?? :D
I would be VERY surprised if in the first few years Jaguar can get anywhere near the Porsche Macan production figures. Porsche made 100,000 Macan in the first 16 months of production

https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/products/porsche-leipzig-milestone-100000th-macan-11144.html

I can't see JLR being able to get that many down the same assembly track as the RRS and XE. They have limited production options until the factory in Slovak opens and I suspect the E-Pace will end up being built there and maybe the new defender.

JLR figures for 2015

Jaguar Land Rover delivers best full year global sales retailing 487,065 vehicles in 2015, up 5%
Land Rover retails over 400,000 vehicles for first time, up 6% year-on-year
Jaguar delivers strongest full year performance in a decade retailing 83,986 vehicles, up 3% year-on-year

That means Jaguar only sold 83k cars in 2015 and this covered several months of XE sales.

My point is to suddenly get another 100k cars made without any additional production facility is almost impossible, yes they could put a nightshift on in Solihull but that takes time to put in place and you also need to make sure your suppliers can support the extra capacity.

Evoque basically had the whole factory producing them 24x6 due to the slow selling freelander at the time but with F-Pace being made at Solihull it's fighting track space with RRS and XE and they currently only run a day/afternoon shift.

I expect 50k-60k F-Pace built a year which means supply will be less than the Porsche Macan - the big question is will demand be in the same league as Porsche Macan.

Just found this article - backs up my thoughts that Porsche Macan production numbers will be higher than the F-Pace

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/03/02/jaguar-land-rover-eyes-sales-acceleration-with-f-pace-launch/

Jaguar looking to shift 100,000 cars this year and hoping to get a ratio of 1/3 of sales being Jaguars in the JLR group - So that would make a jaguar target of 160,000 cars - Thats 70,000 more than last year which included a few months of XE sales

1 - 20 of 25 Posts