Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, FRZ434 went in to dealer on Monday as you know for headlamp realignment, yellow marks in bumper to be removed, rattle, new rubber door seal and the all important new head unit with ICTP. As you also know the head unit was put on hold with the impending "Patch 2" release. Well, after dropping my car off as asked to I used my InControl remote to keep on eye on my car. She was sedately driven to Northampton from MIlton Keynes to the JLR bodyshop and was parked and locked. There she sat locked for the rest of the day, and Tuesday, and most of Wednesday where she was unlocked and left unlocked all night so hope it was in the body shop. Today she's been locked and alarmed at the bodyshop and JLR called me to say they hope to give approval to the bodyshop by the morning to adjust the headlamps to correct position once they decide if it's flush or recessed!!!. So what has been done for the last 4 days?? Nothing!! But I've been driving around in the Portfolio below......Do I like it??? :? :eek: puts on tin hat!!! :shock: "Nope!" Colour too dark, don't like seats...old fashioned, feel like I should be driving Arthur Daley's Jag of old from Minder. Cream leather already stained, too plastic.....the spokes of the steering wheel....needs some chrome relief. Too many colours inside...gloss black, Matt black, brown dash, cream leather, oyster headliner, grey beige carpet. Seats are softer than on mine and despite that I don't notice much difference between ride quality of my 22" or these 20" rims. I hear a lot of people say 22" are terrible ride....truly I can't tell difference until you throw it hard into bends, 22" feel a tad sharper. 380w stereo is capable and decent, doesn't sound much quieter than my 825w system but the breadth of frequency is the truly noticeable difference!! Bass on the 825w is fabulous. So basically Portfolio is OK, it's not doing it for me like the R-Sport does, feel it's for the 60 yrs + owner.......never thought I'd say this either but I'd rather have the ICTP with issues than the standard small screen and analogue dials, basic system feels quite old fashioned and ages the car. I know we are all different and the model choices and options are there to make our cars individual and to suit our lifestyles but it's only been four days and I am bloody missing my car like mad!!! Currently have no idea when I'm getting mine back either....but 22nd Oct remains as Jexit day and it looms ever closer!!!! Hope JLR get a shifty on!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
922 Posts
I feel for you mate,... Could always send you up a pipe and smoking jacket with matching slippers....now now ....don't be like that :? I was only joking. :lol: . Hope they get it sorted very soon... Don't worry ... You will still be a member of the ammo club ;)

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
You should feel lucky you have a Fpace as when mine went away i had a XJ which was nice to drive but not a great car in my eyes.

Fingers crossed your have some positive news on yours real soon but would have thought the dealer would have got approval on the lights before they took it from you.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers Jagscat!! Hehehe it's just reaffirmed I got my colour, model and spec. spot on for me at least. Once Ammonite, always Ammonite! :cool: :lol:

Jagfpacejk, to get approval first would have been too easy and sensible. When has JLR ever done sensible?? Like releasing ICTP to the public when it was known to be riddled with issues!! :roll:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts