Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my car back from having some G-Techniq love and really really happy. Was worried when I ordered DSB after the colour debate raged internally in my head for weeks, as when you see XF and XJ's with it - it always seems really dark. My epihany came when I saw an F-Type in it's version of the blue, in the sunshine and it sparkled. Well, with some rare October sunshine and fresh from the detailers - the blue really does pop!

Attachments

·
Registered
381 Posts
'Pops' is the right word. I debated colour choice, many forum members can testify (!), but absolutely NO regrets.

Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

View attachment 663

Attachments

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's no regrets right? :)

·
Registered
381 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Looking good, guys. I had similar concerns then saw a DSB XF at Farnell in Bradford in the sunshine and felt much happier. However, it was covered in swirl marks (think it was a demonstrator, doesn't say much for their valeters) causing different concerns to set in. Cue lots of research on paint coatings and detailing in general, not to mention extra car wash buckets!

^Jonty - which Gtechniq coating did you go for?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bobcat said:
Looking good, guys. I had similar concerns then saw a DSB XF at Farnell in Bradford in the sunshine and felt much happier. However, it was covered in swirl marks (think it was a demonstrator, doesn't say much for their valeters) causing different concerns to set in. Cue lots of research on paint coatings and detailing in general, not to mention extra car wash buckets!

Got this service from Brad :
http://concours-detailing.co.uk/services/crystal-serum-detail/

·
Registered
247 Posts
jonty1625 said:
Bobcat said:

Got this service from Brad :
http://concours-detailing.co.uk/services/crystal-serum-detail/
What was the cost?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
£750 all in. Had the car for 3 days but was done in 2 I just couldn't get back to collect it

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jagfpacejk said:
Very nice, looks like they did a good job, all swirls and marks removed.
Told the dealer to give me the car dirty - not to even jet wash it, they weren't happy but the detailers was happy with the fact he had little stuff to do before he cracked on. Not cheap but certainly recommend it. Just ordered the kit to keep giving it the TLC

·
Registered
688 Posts
Looks great. The ceramic coating really does looks amazing!

It's been nearly 4 weeks of ownership for me and it finally needs a clean. Hopefully it brings back that shine!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts