Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just back from a reasonably long journey. On the way down I could swear I was hearing a background droning noise not heard before. Thought I was maybe over thinking it but appeared more prevalent on way back. Due a service so will ask them about it, but I've read on here a wheel bearing issue is not uncommon. Was thinking it could be exhaust related while in the car but can't really replicate it by reving the engine at a standstill. Any thoughts? Thank you.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Which model do you have

·
Registered
753 Posts
There should be no droning, check the boot seals are shutting closely, otherwise it’s likely to be a wheel bearing and will get progressively worse. It’s very difficult to identify a dry bearing on a driven wheel

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There should be no droning, check the boot seals are shutting closely, otherwise it’s likely to be a wheel bearing and will get progressively worse. It’s very difficult to identify a dry bearing on a driven wheel
thanks - hopefully that is it. It has got worse over about a couple of months. First time I thought I heard it I told myself I imagined it. But now I'm convinced. Especially the long drive over the weekend.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts