Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, after yesterday's exuberance... Seeing if a F pace can tail slide with the T/C off on RWD drive manual :eek: :eek: ... Yes !! ( private road )
I felt that today I would hug a tree and see if if I could do considerably better than Carl's 26 mpg from a 2 litre diesel.
I bloody well tried everything :shock: short of getting out to push or slow down via dragging my feet out the door :lol: :lol:
And yes A/c was off with not even the fan going and what did I achieve.... :roll:
I was driving like miss daisy to achieve this for a 8.4 mile trip.... So over to you to see who can get the 100% efficency :geek: and just for a giggle let's see if our bigger 3 litre cousins in both fuel types can manage the task!!

Attachments

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
57.3 mpg apparently!! :D

·
Registered
363 Posts
Not been too impressed with the old economy figure they give - in my XE loaner I have had 72mpg with a eco rating if 58% and 23mpg with a rating of 85% or so... Seems almost inverse in most cases oddly! I drive like my dad and get dreadful mpg, I give it some beans and get better!

·
Registered
948 Posts
This was a proper short run as you can see from this photo of just over 5 miles and no I wasn't 'driving easy, just normally into work with light traffic.

Driven easy I think a difference of 10% or even less between the 2ltr vs 3ltr is realistic.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Whereas I liked the 42.3mpg on your 3.0d V6. Man, how good is that! I struggle to get that from my current XC60 with Volvo's very latest 2.0 4cyl diesel. Lookin' good!

Arianne

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
My 520d never returns me more than 42mpg, so I would be well chuffed if the 3.0dS gets within 10% of that. My mate with a 535d which has the 3 litre diesel gets more than me, so hoping the F-Pace is the same

·
Registered
50 Posts
4.6l/100km = 51.1336 MPG

3.0D V6

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts
Beninspain said:
4.6l/100km = 51.1336 MPG

3.0D V6
That's for a US gallon
It's even better with UK gallon. 61.4 mpg

The old ford V6 is quite remarkable, it will be interesting when the ingenium straight 6 comes into service in a few years time.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
old ford v6? I always assumed Jaguar used Citroen v6 diesels, pretty sure the 2.7 was Citroen based and thought 3.0 was same?

·
Registered
117 Posts
RaVolVoR said:
old ford v6? I always assumed Jaguar used Citroen v6 diesels, pretty sure the 2.7 was Citroen based and thought 3.0 was same?
Actually we are both correct, it's a ford Peugeot Citroen development built at Ford, Dagenham. It started as a 2.7 litre in 2004, then increased to 3.0 litre in 2009. JLR engineers were involved from the start, with the engine modified to suit JLR applications. The manufacturing agreement expires in 2020.

In case anyone is concerned that the Peugeot Citroen name is attached to their Jaguar, then this can be offset since the design was by Porsche, and then sold to Ford PSA

It's a good reliable engine, with the economy figures the forum users are giving how can a new engine improve these. I presume JLR are confident the can.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I never said I was unhappy with Citroen. They have always had some of the best diesels. Ford however knew their limits with diesels, more suited to 20 year old transits!.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Should we have a realistic minimum distance for this as plenty people can 'fudge' the results if they want over a favourable 8 mile distance. I'm thinking something more true such as a minimum 50 or even 100 mile trip?? I had a Freelander 2, worst mpg was 8.2 at Tong off-roading site near Leeds.....best was 48.8mpg round trip from Bedford to Newcastle. I tried to recreate the Clarkson Audi trio from London to Edinburgh and back. So slip streaming lorries, anticipating hills and throttling off ahead of the crest to coast over the top, anticipating roundabouts and traffic lights, never stopping always from rolling. Mentally it's pretty taxing I can tell you!!!!

·
Registered
948 Posts
CarlFRZ434 said:
Should we have a realistic minimum distance for this as plenty people can 'fudge' the results if they want over a favourable 8 mile distance. I'm thinking something more true such as a minimum 50 or even 100 mile trip?? I had a Freelander 2, worst mpg was 8.2 at Tong off-roading site near Leeds.....best was 48.8mpg round trip from Bedford to Newcastle. I tried to recreate the Clarkson Audi trio from London to Edinburgh and back. So slip streaming lorries, anticipating hills and throttling off ahead of the crest to coast over the top, anticipating roundabouts and traffic lights, never stopping always from rolling. Mentally it's pretty taxing U can tell you!!!!
Mine was only 5.2 miles but in that the mix was 2.4miles of B-road coming to a complete stop as I was crossing the road, 1.3miles of A-road again a complete stop and the remainder town roads with a maximum 30mph with again a complete stop at a junction before coming to a rest.

I am 100% certain thing would have improved had I traveled further with less stops.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts