Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my fp for 10days and noticed 4-6 patches of oil under the engine on my drive this has happened for last few days and could see oil on on the plastic engine cover underneath reported to dealer who had it on ramps immediately and told me not drivable so I now have a discovery sport from rental which is horrible has any one had this issue

·
Registered
441 Posts
No oil leaks but I have a bad drive line vibration at around 50-55 MPH And again from 68-72 MPH .Dealer service manager has driven car and agreed there is a problem and is awaiting information from Jaguar technical. So not holding out too much hope of a quick solution from them given their poor track record so far..Another problem to add to the list for this new model.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Alan0031 said:
Had my fp for 10days and noticed 4-6 patches of oil under the engine on my drive this has happened for last few days and could see oil on on the plastic engine cover underneath reported to dealer who had it on ramps immediately and told me not drivable so I now have a discovery sport from rental which is horrible has any one had this issue
Yes I had oil leaks in first two weeks mine was the front differential oil seal, jaguar as ever wanted photographs and took 48 hours to authorise the repair, but after it was completed all ok.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Alan0031 said:
I have it confirmed that it is the front diff seal so will be done asap :(
hmm, Cat woman it might be a good idea to add this to the known list of faults....

with a new car the oil is so clean it looked like water and as I had a water leak from the defective header tank it was not easy to tell the two apart as I frequently park on rough ground not a pristine drive, it sounds like Alan's was easier to see, perhaps a more defective seal than mine?

Maybe something you all need to pay attention too..... hopefully not :shock: :roll:

Alan I hope Jag don't take 48 hours to authorise the repair as they did with mine resulting in it being off the road for a week.....

·
Registered
473 Posts
Pos.k said:
+1 for the failed front diff oil seal.
Pos.k how soon did yours fail mine was obvious within the first 10 days like Alan.

for the wider group hopefully this is one of those that as soon as its in regular use it will become apparent if its an issue and if hasn't happened early on you are likely to be ok

is it a faulty part or poor assembly I wonder? not sure which would affect more cars though....

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Given I park in the street I'm not likely to happen across this, so I shall start placing some newspaper under the front end for a few weeks.

Blimey last time I had to do that was when I was 18, living at home, driving an MG Maestro and my parents giving me hell for dripping oil all over their driveway!!

·
Registered
473 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
Given I park in the street I'm not likely to happen across this, so I shall start placing some newspaper under the front end for a few weeks.

Blimey last time I had to do that was when I was 18, living at home, driving an MG Maestro and my parents giving me hell for dripping oil all over their driveway!!
:D :D yes I remember only to well the "joy" of various BL cars of that vintage :shock:

It only seems to be affecting a tiny number of cars (3 to date on the forum) so you are probably fine, but if you have chance in the morning to check, what you are looking for was in my case it was a small saucer sized deposit of what looked like water at first but on closer inspection had clear oil globules on top, almost like you would see after emptying a baby's bath water which had Johnson's baby oil in it. That has been 15years plus in my case since I have done that so the analogy might not stand up to scrutiny :roll:

·
Registered
473 Posts
Alan0031 said:
I now have a new front diff being fitted as jag want to take back for inspection
Alan,

Have you noticed any difference in how it drives following the swap out?

·
Registered
922 Posts
Hi all, had a nice bloke enquire about my car this morning.... Turns out its.... Alan the founder of this post. I was getting some fuel on my way to a deer farm in Devon to get some antlers for ye old barn! He advised me to check that nothing was leaking out the old girl.... Can't see anything obvious in my usual parking place. He aslo had a pat for Annu the wolf in the back of the car.

·
Registered
28 Posts
+ 1

Was feeling a little smug....I dont have ICTpro and my ICT was working without fault, got to 2400 miles with no squeaky back end, then spotted the oil spots this week.

Car has gone to Stratstone this morning, just had the call to say I am being transferred into Jaguar courtesy car as opposed to Stratstones as car is off the road awaiting a decision on the front differential.....

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Alan0031 said:
There is a Topix technical bulletin for front diff oli,leak so a recognised issue. Should be sorted soon I'd think

·
Registered
28 Posts
New diff ordered.................. :cry:

Reference SSM72955
Models F-PACE / X761
Title X761 F-Pace Front Differential Pinion Oil Seal Leak
Category Driveline
Last modified 14-Sep-2016 00:00:00
Symptom 509000 Axle Concerns
Attachments
Differential Serial Number Location.pdf
Content
Issue:
Oil leaking from the front differential pinion oil seal.

Cause:
Under investigation.

Action:
For Retailers within a 150 mile radius of Coventry. If a leak is identified from the front differential pinion oil seal on a vehicle with a front differential fitted post serial number SW1116153131344 please raise a Quality Report EPQR supplemented with photographs identifying the leak. An Engineering support visit to view the vehicle may then be requested.

Please refer to the attached file which shows location of the serial number.

·
Registered
363 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:

1.6l with the twin Webbers or the 2.0i with the fuel injection? And did your digital dashboard work (for more than a week?).

I also had a MG Montego Turbo and loved the insanity of that engine with a crap chassis that couldn't put the power down :D

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.