Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hmmmmm.... so gone to the route planning site to add some favourites to the car and all that and it seems there is a map update. I go to click on it and it says for first time use I need to download the map download manager which I do and install it, but then next time trying to download it I get the "need to download the download manager" again - and never gets to actually download the map.

Anyone else had this? Using W10 and MS Edge browser... so that could be it I suppose?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Answered my own question - used Firefox on the same laptop and downloads fine....

·
Registered
161 Posts
Out if interest, are you actually updating the map in the car or just on your PC / device? If on the car, how are you doing this?

After reading this post, I checked the version of my Route Planner app and the car and noticed the App version was updated today but the car is on a different version (older I assume).

Thanks.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Download on PC to USB stick, then you pop that into the USB slot while the car is parked and it starts doing its thing.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Note - not all USB keys seemed to be liked by the FP. So don't be worried if the first one doesn't work!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi, approximately how long does it take to update the map from the USB stick onto the car system? The download is 20+GB, I would just like to know what to expect before I embark on first attempt to update the system (especially as you seem to need the engine on while it is doing it).
thank you

·
Registered
78 Posts
Have done the map update twice now. Seemed to take around half an hour each time. I was using a USB 3 memory stick, so that might make it quicker.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Had the car 3 months now thought I would try to update the maps on the Pro system.
I used a 64 gig USB 3 Flash Drive on a Mac Pro.

When you choose the map it downloads a mac updater program 10 seconds (if on a PC then PC version)
It was then about a 17 Gb download took about 2 hours my broadband is 30GB speed!

To install start car insert USB I used the port nearest driver clicked on Navigation as if inputting an address it then said update available from version ###### to new ###### sorry didn't take note.
Agreed and then advised don't switch off will take about 30 min.

Decided to wash car whilst it was upgrading,acutually took about 10 min and then said completed and restarting.
Afterwards went into menu and saw new version ##### as per web.
Simples.

4 upgrades a year are available not sure when though so I'll check again in a month or so and see if I can find out when.
Did read somewhere a email would be sent when new maps available but haven't received one yet,has anyone?
Hope this helps.

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Can i ask where you guys are seeing the updates as i can not see any and have not done any for some time.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Can I diversify completely and ask, how do you input the details of your vehicle under the line on here ?

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Supermackem said:
Can I diversify completely and ask, how do you input the details of your vehicle under the line on here ?
Top right, under your user name click your user name, click on User control profile, then click on Profile, then click on edit signature and in there you can do this.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Sorted... thanks, roll on 1st Sept 👍

·
Registered
307 Posts
1 - 20 of 113 Posts