Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
F Pace Prestige in the USA. Running ICTP (with not too many glitches I might add). I have successfully paired an Android phone. All works well.

However, when I view my Contacts list on the car, in addition to all my Contact names (alphabetically) I also get a huge list of numeric phone numbers. Almost looks like all the calls I have ever made from this phone. They are clearly phone numbers I have used in the past, hence not totally spurious, but somehow originating from my phone. The result is:-

1. The first entries are actually the phone numbers of many of my contacts, with no other details. I suspect these have been called in the past.

2. Hence "Contacts" on the ICTP screen starts with a list of just these phone numbers, one for each contact.

3. Then that same list just continues, with the normal contact entries, Name, Phone Numbers etc.

I have "unpaired" my phone, deleted all "recent" calls from the call list on the phone and "re-paired", but the numbers are still there.

Not totally debilitating, but a PITA to have to scroll through all the numbers to get to the "name" contacts.

Anyone else have this?

Has anyone else used the ICTP phone function, downloaded their contacts list (Bluetooth) from an Android phone, and had a similar or different result?

Is this unique to Android or does anyone have a similar experience on an I Phone?

Any way to get rid of these numbers?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply number5. Good to know I'm not the only one. Not exactly figured it out, but here's a clue:

I've checked a dozen or so of the numbers and they are all from a business or organization. The android Contacts (google based) template includes not only first and last name, but also organization, job title etc. So if you are dealing with Jaguar, for example, without having a name of a specific person, you are likely to put "Jaguar" under "Organization" and leave the name fields blank. The Android phones are smart enough to then have Jaguar appear under "J".

Seems like ICTP is not quite that smart, although I have yet to check (car being used by wife at the moment) whether there is a duplicate entry in the alphabetical listing under "J".

Appreciate if you would verify, through your own situation, if these conclusions have merit!

Thanks again.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Bingo yes you are right it has downloaded every work contact from outlook exchange (work) account. I figured it out. I had "suggested contacts" ticked in my Outlook Exchange settings.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Closing the circle:-

Can confirm, entries with only the organization name on the phone, do transfer across to the car, BUT without any names of any kind. i.e. the company name does not appear anywhere in the alphabetical listing

Thus for android phones that use the google format, you need to put the organization name into the name field, which of course fouls up Google when you do any sorting that assumes a First Name - Last Name and organization format. Just imaging how the "Big L Tire Company" will appear. Not sure how I will work around that ..... perhaps the big magic update will solve it all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.