Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Prototype checking I. For Euro tunnel this morning

Attachments

·
Registered
922 Posts
Interesting... Have looked at all the images both out and on train. Something clearly different with bonnet in places, the smaller black wheels is a trick used by Audi and others before, as it draws less attention (NOT!!!) and can disguise a brake upgrade better ( providing disc will clear)The only way to tell if it has a bigger / fuel type engine would be to run the plate through DVLA / VOSAwebsite they can't bypass that info! How auto express get info too! Not sure why they would of clad the sides, unless this is really a very very early 64plate RRS coupe underneath, known as a test mule! Especially given that the F pace was officially launched last year! The shells for this RR prototype were covered up when DAL and I visited a number of weeks ago, but if you know what to look at (being nosey) you can see obvious differences!.Guess we will find out when we are all on the new RR coupe forum next year....waiting for news about our car we have ordered that's heavily based on the Fpace aluminium architecture. Just don't tell anyone...remember it's a secret. :lol:
Also fitted with a towbar so obviously doing hot weather towing tests whatever the engine / vehicle type is!

·
Registered
922 Posts
That what I thought but looking really really close there are twin pipes on the LH side, that rear bumper and well all the back end looks a bit awkward attachments to the rear glass going nowhere little something sticking out forward of rear door if they actually are proper rear doors?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Perhaps I should have gone to Specsavers! The DVLA website gives it as a 2.0D:

Registration number: VA64 UMH
✔ Taxed Tax due: 01 July 2016
Vehicle make :JAGUAR
Date of first registration :14 January 2015
Year of manufacture :2015
Cylinder capacity (cc) :2000cc
CO₂Emissions :Not available
Fuel type :DIESEL
Export marker :No
Vehicle status :Tax not due
Vehicle colour :BLACK

·
Registered
922 Posts
The plot thickens... Would have done all the hot weather towing testing ages ago for the 2 d ingenuim

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I spoke with the driver... Very tight lipped. From what I could see: twin exhausts on left only, manual gear box..... If I had to guess I'd say either a 2.0 petrol or maybe a hybrid.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.