Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had this issue where you have to close the doors harder than normal to get them to close otherwise they bounce back off the latch ?

Mine has had this on both passenger doors since purchase 3 months ago. Car was in body shop for bonnet close alignment issue ( when closed, bonnet would catch properly only on one side more often than not) and I asked for the doors catches to be fixed too.
Car is now back with me , bonnet fixed, passenger doors still not catching properly when closed.

Not happy, and this coupled with some other ICT PRO issues (CD player) and refinement concerns (road nose, side to side wobble) are making me think long and hard about rejection.

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
I had this issue with the passenger door on delivery and this was due to poor alignment of the door, once this was resolved the doors now glide shut.

Are your doors aligned correctly as if they are not this will be the issue.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
^ no issues at all. In fact I would say the feel of th closing of the doors is the best of any car I've owned.

Can't comment on the bonnet as I've never opened it!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Doors no issues

Bonnet easy to open a bit of a sod to shut - Obviously not got the knack yet - Its not one that you drop and it shuts you drop it and it rests on catch then needs a good push to get to lock down

·
Registered
612 Posts
One of my doors (nearside rear) does take a little extra effort to shut, but it's more like 110% effort to shut than like 200% .... it's very minor but I had noticed it. All doors aligned fine.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi

I've had the same on the rear passenger side door, coincidentally is the same side as the shut line problem on my tailgate :?

The dealer managed to make the door work a bit better - so that it doesn't bounce of the catch quite so readily - but they couldn't get it to work perfectly without visually knackering the look of the shut line on that particular door.

In other words it became a bit of a trade off between functionality and appearance - not great for such a big ticket item, but I guess that when you buy into with JLR as a brand.

You get quirkiness as part of the package!#%

The door will also probably 'wear in' over time - but that's perhaps adding insult to injury :roll:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sorry to hear about your issues. My offside door shuts differently to the nearside and the panel gap and glass alignment is awful. Its sticks forward by several mm vs flush on the nearside.

Mine has been in 3 times now for these panel issues - the worst being the boot which came out of alignment once after opening it "popped" the panel completely out of alignment.

I have several ongoing ICTP issues since the 2.5 upgrade - its much less stable now than before - but at least now I can sustain a bluetooth phonecall which I could not previously.

I'm hoping the ICTP issues get fixed in the New Year - i'm less hopeful about the panel gap issues.

·
Registered
419 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
^ no issues at all. In fact I would say the feel of th closing of the doors is the best of any car I've owned.

Can't comment on the bonnet as I've never opened it!
Good job you don't have a dipstick then.....................or have you? :lol:

·
Registered
419 Posts
kfpace said:
Anyone had this issue where you have to close the doors harder than normal to get them to close otherwise they bounce back off the latch ?

Mine has had this on both passenger doors since purchase 3 months ago. Car was in body shop for bonnet close alignment issue ( when closed, bonnet would catch properly only on one side more often than not) and I asked for the doors catches to be fixed too.
Car is now back with me , bonnet fixed, passenger doors still not catching properly when closed.

Not happy, and this coupled with some other ICT PRO issues (CD player) and refinement concerns (road nose, side to side wobble) are making me think long and hard about rejection.
No problems closing any of my doors. In fact the only door I had problems closing was this one and that was only on one side. :lol:

Think you've got problems :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the replies, it seems like I am not the only one with door closure issues then, Hampers - my dealer told me the same thing regarding the trade-off between door closing properly and shut-lines looking correct. Passengers invariably don't close the doors firmly enough, and it's becoming a bit tedious asking them to try again each time ! Yorkie, that door shut-line looks slightly out to me - I assume it didn't come off the production line and pass PDI like that :)

·
Registered
419 Posts
kfpace said:
Thanks for all the replies, it seems like I am not the only one with door closure issues then, Hampers - my dealer told me the same thing regarding the trade-off between door closing properly and shut-lines looking correct. Passengers invariably don't close the doors firmly enough, and it's becoming a bit tedious asking them to try again each time ! Yorkie, that door shut-line looks slightly out to me - I assume it didn't come off the production line and pass PDI like that :)
Amazing how quickly you get over these little incidents, it is after all only a motor car. Imagine what might have been the result if 'her indoors' hadn't forgotten her lipstick in the glove box after opening the door to step out.......................................and in my view that's how much time the idiot French driver who clouted us should have had to avoid us...................................that's not the way the insurance companys so it though ...........OUCH.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
As others have pointed out must be an alignment problem which is a shame. Doors I've not noticed at all and very easy with no real effort and close without drama or unexpected noise / results

1 - 13 of 13 Posts