Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my JAG now for 10 days and I am enjoying but today i give it a real test with a 300 mile trip to Port Patrick in Scotland from Newcastle.

I have had a couple of Issues with the In Control and also the bonnet alignment but this journey will see me on motorways A roads and Broads and I will post details of how it went when i return.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
320mile round trip average speed 49mph, consumption 39.7mpg
It was over a variety of roads mainly A with a 25% being dual carriageway.

The car performed well mainly in ECO mode switching to sport/dynamic when I had the chance to pass
confirms the 2.0d is fast enough for me.

The car gets lost of admiring glances and people wanting to know about it.

Planning my big trip to Italy in June and looking forward to the drive already.

Cloud Wheel Sky Car Tire
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
410 Posts
Excellent, I got 27.5 average MPG on my 300 round trip last week, I wasn't pushing her as only had 50 miles on the clock when I left...
 
G

·
Hello

Sounds like a great trip, and a nice little photo ... but the MPG I thought would have been better ? I know the engine is new and tight, but I suppose the 2.0d has to work harder to drag the weight of the F Pace around.

I have noticed a few magazine reports coming in now of poor MPG acheivements when compared to the manufactures claims .. which lest face it should be policed more as very very misleading

good that you enjoying your F Pace .... but have tempted to cancel my F Pace order as the new 2017 Evoque with the new infotainment looks very good, our freinds have a new Evoque and they are getting very good MPG figures

regards
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
1,953 Posts
Great pic Trevor, could almost be a brochure shot, beautiful spot! . . :p

For a new car that seems a good average mpg for your journey, just a cat's whisker under 40 . . pretty sure that'll improve as it loosens up too!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
453 Posts
Well i got my car on friday and have clocked 312 miles over the weekend, mine has averaged just over 39mpg, and i havent been in ECO mode. I have been from Manchester to Cearnarfon in north Wales and back averaging 70-?? on the motorways and a little town driving and more than happy with the initial MPG which from previous experience of diesel can only improve.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
When the Evoque first came out everyone with a first generation SD4 engine complained of poor mpg (baby RR forum ). After that engine has run in, it is possible to get around 40mpg on a motorway run with it. I know the Evoque with the Ingenium engine with automatic transmission achieved far better mpg. Hopefully this will be the same with the 2.0d ingenium after it has been run in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
453 Posts
Nishandf said:
When the Evoque first came out everyone with a first generation SD4 engine complained of poor mpg (baby RR forum ). After that engine has run in, it is possible to get around 40mpg on a motorway run with it. I know the Evoque with the Ingenium engine with automatic transmission achieved far better mpg. Hopefully this will be the same with the 2.0d ingenium after it has been run in.
I agree i had a freelander with SD4 took a good 3-4k miles before it started to give good MPG , i also think the MPG and performance will improve once the engine loosens up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,073 Posts
DAL said:
Excellent, I got 27.5 average MPG on my 300 round trip last week, I wasn't pushing her as only had 50 miles on the clock when I left...
Ouch that's not great Dal especially as sounds a cruising trip. Where do they get the 43 MPG combined or whatever from

I thought maybe you'd get 33 or so on easy trip ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
473 Posts
Shaunyt said:
Well i got my car on friday and have clocked 312 miles over the weekend, mine has averaged just over 39mpg, and i havent been in ECO mode. I have been from Manchester to Cearnarfon in north Wales and back averaging 70-?? on the motorways and a little town driving and more than happy with the initial MPG which from previous experience of diesel can only improve.
ShaunyT which way did you go coast road to Bangor and down or Bala and snowdonia? The latter route would give plenty of chance to test the cornering ability :mrgreen:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
473 Posts
Mbadger77 said:
DAL said:
Excellent, I got 27.5 average MPG on my 300 round trip last week, I wasn't pushing her as only had 50 miles on the clock when I left...
Ouch that's not great Dal especially as sounds a cruising trip. Where do they get the 43 MPG combined or whatever from

I thought maybe you'd get 33 or so on easy trip ?
I will be amazed if in the lifetime of my SC the average mpg starts with a 2, hoping for plenty of opportunity to get it down to low teens :mrgreen: :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
453 Posts
The Gman said:
Shaunyt said:
Well i got my car on friday and have clocked 312 miles over the weekend, mine has averaged just over 39mpg, and i havent been in ECO mode. I have been from Manchester to Cearnarfon in north Wales and back averaging 70-?? on the motorways and a little town driving and more than happy with the initial MPG which from previous experience of diesel can only improve.
ShaunyT which way did you go coast road to Bangor and down or Bala and snowdonia? The latter route would give plenty of chance to test the cornering ability :mrgreen:
I only did the A 55 coast road only got the car on the Friday eve I wanted to just cruise , really want to get a thousand or so miles under the cars belt before I start stretching the engine up and down the gears , give it chance to bed in and loosen up a little
 
G

·
typolee said:
Yes Kaspa. Just looked and your right. So how the hell is the f pace 1 - 1.5 secs quicker 0-60?? Can't be just aerodynamics surely??
i don't think it is .. it a recent magazine review they said the 0 -60 was 9.2 seconds
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top