Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent a short while cursing my magnetic GB sticker this morning.
Damn this all Aluminium construction. :)

·
Registered
922 Posts
Admire your honesty... not many would admit this mistake openly... still least we all have a perfect excuse why we can't teach the kids to drive in the car, so well done for that!!!! :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Been there and done that..... had to ask the nice people on the ferry reception desk to give me some blu-tac last Summer.

A sticker on the glass or some blue-tac on the back of the magnetic badge and then stuck onto the glass. Most cars have plastic tailgates these days.

Arianne

·
Registered
441 Posts
GB PLATE??
Is it still a requirement to show one of these? Last time I took my XK to Holland I didn't bother and I had no comment or comeback. It may become a requirement when we leave the EU and I will be proud to show GB to them then. WE DID IT!!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hydrajaws said:
GB PLATE??
Is it still a requirement to show one of these? Last time I took my XK to Holland I didn't bother and I had no comment or comeback. It may become a requirement when we leave the EU and I will be proud to show GB to them then. WE DID IT!!!
That's IF the UK leaves, don't count your chickens yet...

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I once couldn't be bothered with the sticker but then thought that, if I made some other minor infringement, a zealous foreign policeman might decide it was worth pulling me over for a spot fine. Hence, £1.99 sticker no stuck in rear tailgate window from Halfords.

Regards, Arianne

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Oh no, one of the few things that should never be discussed on here, politics, religion and brexit so please let's avoid, saves many people's views being upset when others do not agree. thanks guys.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Jagfpacejk said:
Oh no, one of the few things that should never be discussed on here, politics, religion and brexit so please let's avoid, saves many people's views being upset when others do not agree. thanks guys.
Im glad you said it Jagfpacejk, I thought that the remark given was quite unnecessary and I admit I shouldn't have responded like I did. Anyways, we should leave it that.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Had my FPace fitted with the Euro GB symbol on the number plates, seemed so easy at the time, no nasty stickers!

·
Registered
922 Posts
Maybe you should do what the queen does!!!! Have a Union Jack flag on each wing on top of little poles.... no one seems to stop her when driving. And if it's good enough for Liz ... goooowd bless her... then good enough for me :lol: :lol:

Which reminds me.... wasn't she supposed to be getting an F pace free from Jag?? What colour and spec do you think... Maybe she's waiting for the SVR.... :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
In Halfords they had a small choice of self-adhesive GB stickers. Some had the Euro stars circling the GB and others didn't. I just bought the cheapest, simple as that. £1.99 and, as it happens, it had the stars but maybe they had discounted it - suits me!

I have never had the little addition to the number plate. I think it spoils the symmetry of the plate and, in addition, I have never been sure about it in relation to a red car.

Ah, these tiny little things.

Arianne

·
Registered
345 Posts
Arianne said:
In Halfords they had a small choice of self-adhesive GB stickers. Some had the Euro stars circling the GB and others didn't. I just bought the cheapest, simple as that. £1.99 and, as it happens, it had the stars but maybe they had discounted it - suits me!

I have never had the little addition to the number plate. I think it spoils the symmetry of the plate and, in addition, I have never been sure about it in relation to a red car.

Ah, these tiny little things.

Arianne
If GB is shown clearly on the number plate, is there actually a need for additional stickers?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
^^ not 100% sure but, based upon the thousands of European cars we met on our journeys over recent years, I would say the number plate with the little country identifier is sufficient - hardly anyone uses a separate sticker these days unless you are like me with a number plate that simply has the registration mark and not the country identification on it.

Arianne

·
Registered
345 Posts
Arianne said:
^^ not 100% sure but, based upon the thousands of European cars we met on our journeys over recent years, I would say the number plate with the little country identifier is sufficient - hardly anyone uses a separate sticker these days unless you are like me with a number plate that simply has the registration mark and not the country identification on it.

Arianne
Ah yes, then it's definitely needed for you. I had a brief look and it seems to suggest 99% of the time if it's on the number plate you don't need an additional sticker, but I now want to know what happens that 1% :lol:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Will a magnetic badge not stay o the boot? I have a magnetic gb sticker I was going to carry over from my xe (steel boot lid).
Another £1.99 expense when I go to Switzerland in Feb....

Damn it.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Or put some blobs of blu-tax on the back and it'll stick to the glass. Did that in the Summer!

Arianne

·
Registered
577 Posts
You can get a GB number plate little sticker from Halfords, then when back home peel it off

·
Registered
345 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts