Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went down to Preston with intention of buying new FPace and had order almost finished---then came the tricky bit---salesman said he had a price for my 2014 BMW 2 litre M Sport --11300 miles bought new Sept 2014 for £40000.The price was £24000.So I was being asked to pay £20000 plus my 18 month old BMW for the pleasure of owning a jaguar fpace.I said to the salesman that he must be having a laugh.BMW x3 was in demand at the time and 6 months waiting but the garage still gave me £2500 discount to get my business.No wonder so many BMW s on the road--Shame on you Jaguar

·
Registered
59 Posts
I got a rubbish price for my BMW so have sold it independently rather than use it as a part ex.

I think Jaguar know they are onto a winner, as I only managed a 1% discount! Whereas Land Rover are now offering the Incontrol Touch Pro 10" screen as standard on HSE Evoques now. They must be getting a tad worried...

·
Registered
117 Posts
That's PX and new car hype. If you want to trade in your F Pace in 18 months you would probably be offered mid 20k by the bmw dealer. Sadly all cars are a metal box on wheels with an eventual value of zero. The waiting list hype is getting quite amusing now. Some people under the impression that there's a 12 month list. Not so, order today for delivery in July, lots of build slots available, sales are not what they would have us think. Having said that I've has my test drive and going to order on Monday. I think it's a lovely car to drive. I should mention the exception to quick delivery is the Petrol engined model.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes had test drive myself--really nice--have big german shepherd so really limited on decent suv to buy--FPace probably best have driven--the value of my car varies from 29000 right down to 24000 which Jaguar have offered!!!Very little to compare to X3--poss X5---Any ideas up to £45000???

·
Registered
154 Posts
coriona20uk said:
Yes had test drive myself--really nice--have big german shepherd so really limited on decent suv to buy--FPace probably best have driven--the value of my car varies from 29000 right down to 24000 which Jaguar have offered!!!Very little to compare to X3--poss X5---Any ideas up to £45000???
Discounts are a double edged sword, don't get me wrong I love a discount but the more they discount the more second hand values drop.

I personally would be very pleased if Jaguar continue to offer no discount on the f-pace, it will make for better residuals. Land Rover have stood fairly firm on discounts for RRS and only recently started to discount RRE this as made for very strong used values.

BMW values drop like a stone you only have to look on their website to see loads of pre-registered delivery mile cars with 20-25% discount.

I once heard a joke - Whats the difference between a porsche dealer and a terrorist, you can negotiate with a terrorist. - Certainly true when I asked for discount on a porsche Macan they laughed in my face.

My dealer told me today that they sold 8 F-Pace last Saturday alone, if that keeps up surely demand will out strip supply.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Just sold my 2013 Cayenne privately on Autotrader in advance of my F PACE early June. Very lucky first enquirer drove 140 miles the day after my advert and bought the car !!

£4K more than p/Ex and broker valuations....

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have been offered £22k for my 2014 (14) Mercedes GLA220 CDI 4Matic as a trade-in in late May/early July against an unsold FE. I'm happy with that as it's only £50 less than I was quoted on AutoTrader as a trade-in price today!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts