Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just the lower bit when you open it.
When washing the F pace the dirtiest bit is always the lower inner part of the door. It appears as though the dirt from the from wheels just gets thrown in there, that cant be right surely there is a bit missing from mine or something off?, i cant se the wheels, but obviously something is not sealed right or has a bit missing?
or is this a thing with them, has anyone else noticed?
It is not really obvious unless you are washing down there really but still not right if you ask me.

Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just the lower bit when you open it.
When washing the F pace the dirtiest bit is always the lower inner part of the door. It appears as though the dirt from the from wheels just gets thrown in there, that cant be right surely there is a bit missing from mine or something off?, i cant se the wheels, but obviously something is not sealed right or has a bit missing?
or is this a thing with them, has anyone else noticed?
It is not really obvious unless you are washing down there really but still not right if you ask me.

Thanks
I have mudflaps fitted and don’t seem to think it’s any dirtier than I would normally expect

·
Registered
330 Posts
Yes it’s normal mine gets dirty my previous f pace was the same my discovery sport before that was the same . Just open the door and jet wash it off that’s what I do .

·
Registered
121 Posts
Agree as above, mine does it also.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Saw this post yesterday and whilst washing my car for the first time I think since October I took a few photos showing mine with a few black rubber strips placed low down on the front doors, hinge side on what I presume is a plastic guard to stop any ingress but as we know it doesn't do the job very well. I saw this suggestion 5 plus years ago on this forum so can't take the credit for it. It certainly helps and I'm sure mudflaps help further. Once in place they don't fall off. I live rural farming community and as you can see it wasn't too dirty in that area.

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
time to get the silicone gun out i think.
Ours is white so the dirt jumps out.
good to know? its normal and nothing amiss I suppose

·
Registered
121 Posts
Saw this post yesterday and whilst washing my car for the first time I think since October I took a few photos showing mine with a few black rubber strips placed low down on the front doors, hinge side on what I presume is a plastic guard to stop any ingress but as we know it doesn't do the job very well. I saw this suggestion 5 plus years ago on this forum so can't take the credit for it. It certainly helps and I'm sure mudflaps help further. Once in place they don't fall off. I live rural farming community and as you can see it wasn't too dirty in that area.
Thanks for sharing that, will investigate.

·
Registered
123 Posts

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts