Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please confirm if you definitely need memory seats to get the passenger door mirror to dip when selecting reverse gear? Or is this a standard feature with auto fold mirrors?
Thank you - Shaun

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Yes - however be aware that it dips about halfway which unless you are 6ft6" or have the seat fully up so that your head is against the roof, you can't actually see the rear wheel.

Annoyingly the dip position is preset in the factory and you cannot change the preset.

So paying £450 to get a memory pack to dip only one (go figure) mirror slightly is something I'm still annoyed about!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
We have the dip facility on our XC60. Fully configurable to your personal settings for up to three different drivers and bespoke to both the left and right mirrors. Came standard with the car.

Sounds fabulous but......

...... we don't use it as we hate it. Neither me nor Mrs A like it when reversing and the lad uses it from time to time. We have 20" low profile tyres but we have never damaged them due to a reverse parking manoeuvre.

Frankly, although we will have the Jaguar system on our V6 S, I am not fussed and don't think we will use them. I wanted the memory seats as electric seats without memory is a recipe for grief with Mrs A. Her setting is rammed up against the steering wheel, bolt upright and with the gift of a pair of shoes left somewhere in the pedal box! At least memory seats reduce the frustration.

Can't believe memory seats, at least for the driver, are not standard when the electric adjustment is. Never mind.

Arianne

1 - 4 of 4 Posts