Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was almost out of fuel on Saturday and had an error message come up saying "No engine restarts in 444 miles. Incorrect Diesel Exhaust Fluid Quality Detected" which can't be factually correct because I last topped up with AdBlue in August and no issues until now.

So yesterday I put in a 10 litre bottle of AdBlue and then got a different error message saying "No engine restarts in 400 miles . Diesel Exhaust Fluid Dosing Malfunction".

Both messages accompanied by an orange light with an image that looks like a drip.

Seems odd there would be two similar but different messages and I'm suspecting it's some kind of sensor throwing out faulty messages rather than the messages being factually correct.

Anyone recognise this fault please??

·
Registered
185 Posts
Have seen this on other forums, same engine but different models. The first error generally seems to be a software fault, fixed by an update at the dealers. I suspect by adding 10L you have overfilled it resulting in the 2nd message. I would recommend you speaking to a dealer/independent as necessary before driving further.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I did worry I had maybe over-filled which I didn't know was something to watch for. Thought it would just be like say wash-wiper fluid and therefore no risk of over-filling.

However, following a suggestion I saw on another forum, I took the car for a proper blast down the motorway and the message cleared! Of course there's a decent prospect it will come back at some stage but I will post here if it does.

·
Registered
762 Posts
If you only had 444 miles left 10 liters is not going to overfill the ad blue tank, many of these ad blue messages is due to the particulate filter not degenerating properly. Having a blast down the motorway is one way to clean it properly, it does need to get hot enough. If you don’t make a long trip at least once a week drivers do need to make a 40 minute journey at highway speed to achieve proper regeneration.

·
Read Only
88 Posts
i mainly do short journeys and in 2 years of ownership I’ve never had a problem with the DPF regeneration. The 3 ltr V6 has a north south engine as opposed to the 2 ltr transverse engine which means there is room to fit the DPF to be installed closer where it heats up to operating temperature quicker. MaintainI got 40mph for 20 minutes will normally clear the DPF on a 2 ltr.

·
Registered
22 Posts
i mainly do short journeys and in 2 years of ownership I’ve never had a problem with the DPF regeneration. The 3 ltr V6 has a north south engine as opposed to the 2 ltr transverse engine which means there is room to fit the DPF to be installed closer where it heats up to operating temperature quicker. MaintainI got 40mph for 20 minutes will normally clear the DPF on a 2 ltr.
I believe that the 4 cyl engine is also north-south, as well, not sure about dpf position but I think it will be smaller than on the V6.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The Evoque is a on the "Premium Transverse Architecture Platform". The F-Pace is on the D3a platform, which is a longitudinal engine arrangement. I was referring to the 4 cyl Ingenium in the D3a.

Regards
To be precise, the Evoque up to 2019 was on the D8, at the 2020 MY Facelift it moved onto the PTA which is a revised D8 transverse power unit platform.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Very likely it needs taking to a dealer to have a software update, well known issue.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts