Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
If it’s under warranty take it to the dealer
If not when did you last top up ad blue?, incorrect messages have come up before,
Top up ad blue but don’t overfill

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If it’s under warranty take it to the dealer
If not when did you last top up ad blue?, incorrect messages have come up before,
Top up ad blue but don’t overfill
The dealer just told me it was overfilled. It's -25 right now in Montreal so the sensor is frozen in ad blue (i had filled 19 liters for a maximum capacity of 17l).

·
Registered
745 Posts
Thaw it out, pump 5 liters out and hope it resets, maybe owners in Norway or Sweden have an alternative solution.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I was driving from Montreal to the falls during your winter - the screen wash that was good to -40 was freezing on the windscreen!!!
that was in 2000 the year you had a late snow storm followed by a heatwave. +30 out with 2 foot of snow!!!

sorry i could not help with your question.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I just got the fill DEF tank message up.
Jags info isn't too forthcoming.
it states that there are 3 warnings -
fill
x miles left before no starts and
no start
it then states that it takes 2x 1.9 liter bottles before it will start again from a no start message but no info on how much to put in from the first warning.
the DEF level in the menu simply tells you how many miles left, i wonder what a full tank is?
the capacities section state that the tank holds 17 liters...

the workshop manual (which i just got last night) also covers what to do in sub -10 climates get her warm as the def can freeze at these temps, sort it out and it may take a day or 2 to correct sort of thing.

I didnt get a chance to play with my diag tool to see if there is live dat on an actual level, bu ti might just stick in the 2 liters to clear the message until its next service.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I buy my Adblu in 10l bottles from Amazon and wait for the system to tell me to fill more than 10l so I know I won’t overfill it. I think the Jaguar App will also tell you how many litres to fill.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts