Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very early days...unsure re spec only that it will be a 2 litre engine and in Italian racing red.
Not sure what other things I will really need....I'm a woman so it's the colour that's drawn me to the F-Pace!! We were very close to ordering an XC60 but I couldn't find a wow colour :roll:
Other things that excite me are the veneers inside the vehicle....I'm wondering if I'll be happy with the gloss black...
My husband has an XK and it really is a love affair for him...I'm not keen as find it a bit heavy to drive but I do love the walnut veneer!
Any input would be gratefully received...still dithering over automatic/manual and whether I really need an AWD...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Am I the only one to have gone for a manual on the forum! I much prefer the added involvement and keeping my left foot exercised. In addition I find manual gives more control on tracks and grass which I do a lot when fishing. I was relieved when the head technical man at preview said the manual gearbox was excellent and suited f pace.

·
Registered
922 Posts
No you're not alone I to have gone for the manual option...(or should that be standard fitment). I only do a very low mileage as I am fortunate to live near my work, however being in this beautiful particular part of Somerset means that on occasion we have some pretty deep water to go through. Wading depth on my current Evoque 550 mm, and believe me it's probably been a bit deeper than that. So that was on my check list on the F-pace, in case anyone is wondering I was informed by my dealer it's 500mm. Was hoping to get to Bristol tonight as it has an R-sport for the day, but have to continue work on our barn conversion...(grand design classic...over budget / over time and over our heads!!) if anyone has grey R-sport photo's can they put them on the forum please!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have gone for the manual as well due to not being able to get an automatic off the drive in the snow, I need the extra control the manual will give

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi All,

RR Evoque owner for 3 years and have just placed my order for the F-Pace.

Had pleasure in seeing one for the first time in dealer showroom at 1 day launch event last Wednesday. Needless to say it was top of the range 3.0S with £15k of extras added. Stunning car in Rhodium Silver sparkling under showroom lighting.

Placed my order there and then for 2.0 R-Sport Auto in Italian Racing Red (based on seeing XF in this colour in showroom) with the black/red leather interior.

Never before ordered a car when unable to finalise the deal with part exchange sorted which is a little unnerving. Best estimate of build date is November earliest. Long time to wait.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Regarding the veneers I have read that the area round auto knob can scratch but they do have a leather mat you can fit £35

Regarding manual in snow the auto has the All Surface Progress Control (ASPC)

·
Registered
453 Posts
ASPC is very good works a bit like Landrovers Terain response system, i have a freelander and used it the other month in the snow we had up here 1st time in 3 years since i got it was very sure footed, no wheel spin and just drove like it was on a road .... Just a little sluggish which i guess was the onboard computer reducing the power to prevent slip.

·
Registered
31 Posts
A Manual makes you part of the car & I think gives you more satisfaction off road, in that it's not just you steering. Had plenty experience with defenders & freelanders to compare . Therefore I've gone for a manual also

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.