Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put my dealer deposit down prior to Frankfurt but now agonising over a high spec 2.0d R-Sport (and by that I mean a whopping £10k of options!) and a less well spec'd 3.0d diesel S (which in the UK at least comes within £5k of those options included).

Coming from fully loaded Evoque has made me spoilt and unwilling to sacrifice extras I've become used (ok self-park and TV I can live without)

Here's where I am right now 2.0d R-Sport mega-spec'd
http://rules.config.jaguar.com/jdx/en_gb_seatoff/f-pace_k17/3bg3j/a-20d-180aawd_a-crossover_jt3/accroofcbar_b05h_b16d-f45a_b28p_c14a_c54h_d90t_d96a_f96gh_g71e_h01elo_h69j_h75a_jt3-3_lkh_s-msp_z59x-f96gf95t_z87a_z94h/jdxexterior.html

3.0 diesel S with less shiny bits but huge tourque
http://rules.config.jaguar.com/jdx/en_gb_seatoff/f-pace_k17/3bg3j/a-30d-300aawd_a-crossover_jt4/accroofcbar_b16d-f45a_c40d_c54x_d90t_f95th_g71e_h01elo_h19p_h75a_jbm_jt4-2_z02p_z59x-f96gf95t/jdxexterior.html

Jury's out on this one.

Opinions welcome. I only do 8k miles p.a. So I could consider the V6 petrol but low 20's mpg I would struggle with and then depreciation could be an issue. That said, what's the future of diesel particularly big ones - a tax target?

·
Registered
203 Posts
I had the same dilemma but in the end have decided on the 3.0 diesel S with some carefully chosen options

I think depreciation could be a big factor with the V6 petrol but I was tempted for a while!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting. What's your S spec?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From being on the US Forum is appears 9/10 are spec'ing black pack. I'm tempted to be the 1/10, partly because I'm banned from spec'ing black wheels

·
Registered
28 Posts
I too am torn between an R-Sport and an S

These are the two options for me:

R-Sport
http://rules.config.jaguar.com/jdx/en_gb_seatoff/f-pace_k17/3bg3j/a-20d-180aawd_a-crossover_jt3/b05h_b28p_c14a_c40d_c54y_cah_d90t_h75a_jt3-4_s-msp_z02p_z59x-f96gf95t_z88d_z94h/jdxexterior.html

S
http://rules.config.jaguar.com/jdx/en_gb_seatoff/f-pace_k17/3bg3j/a-30p-380aawd_a-crossover_jt4/b16d_c40d_c54y_cah_d90t_h75a_s27p_z59x-f96gf95t_z88d_z93r/jdxexterior.html

£8,444 worth of options on the R-Sport and £5,744 on the S

I do low mileage so the Petrol V6 is the one I really want but concern over residuals is pushing me towards the Diesel S.

mb8388 have you ordered the spec you want? At the moment my deposit is just an expression of interest.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hi Hammer,
My deposit is also just an expression of interest but the dealer has asked for details of my preferred spec.
He says that I'll be able to change it if necessary when a firm order is placed early next year.
I like both of your specs but I would for the S if you can justify the extra cost; the performance alone will be so much better
You should know that the oyster leather marks easily with jeans, etc
It was already looking tired on the First Edition that I saw last weekend.
Black is much more practical even if it's a little predictable.
Cheers, mb8388 / Ivan

·
Registered
539 Posts
mb8388 said:
PaulC said:
Interesting. What's your S spec?
I've chosen this spec, with the fixed panoramic roof at a late addition after seeing the car at the Trafford Centre last weekend:

http://rules.config.jaguar.com/jdx/en_gb_seatoff/f-pace_k17/3bg3j/a-30d-300aawd_a-crossover_jt4/b16d-f45a_c54l_d90t_f95th_h75a_ner_z59x-f96gf95t_z68y_z93r/jdxpayoff.html#.VnPjycldaqs.email
Nice spec. I've skipped on the parking aid stuff, I felt like a lot of money for the 360 and automatic parking. I had this on my Evoque and must have used it at most twice!

·
Registered
539 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hi Neil,
I was in two minds about the parking aid pack but it was the 22" black alloys that made me go for it!
The price does get close to the RRS which starts at about £62k but I prefer the F-Pace's more modern design.
Ivan

·
Registered
28 Posts
mb8388 said:
Hi Hammer,
My deposit is also just an expression of interest but the dealer has asked for details of my preferred spec.
He says that I'll be able to change it if necessary when a firm order is placed early next year.
I like both of your specs but I would for the S if you can justify the extra cost; the performance alone will be so much better
You should know that the oyster leather marks easily with jeans, etc
It was already looking tired on the First Edition that I saw last weekend.
Black is much more practical even if it's a little predictable.
Cheers, mb8388 / Ivan
Thanks for the reply. I know what you mean about the oyster leather, I saw it at Bluewater and agree it was showing some use. I think some of this could be down to over excited shoppers though. I like the Siena Tan, shame it's not offered on the R-Sport or S.

Your spec looks great by the way, those 22" wheels are very tempting.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hammer said:
I too am torn between an R-Sport and an S

These are the two options for me:

R-Sport
http://rules.config.jaguar.com/jdx/en_gb_seatoff/f-pace_k17/3bg3j/a-20d-180aawd_a-crossover_jt3/b05h_b28p_c14a_c40d_c54y_cah_d90t_h75a_jt3-4_s-msp_z02p_z59x-f96gf95t_z88d_z94h/jdxexterior.html

S
http://rules.config.jaguar.com/jdx/en_gb_seatoff/f-pace_k17/3bg3j/a-30p-380aawd_a-crossover_jt4/b16d_c40d_c54y_cah_d90t_h75a_s27p_z59x-f96gf95t_z88d_z93r/jdxexterior.html

£8,444 worth of options on the R-Sport and £5,744 on the S

I do low mileage so the Petrol V6 is the one I really want but concern over residuals is pushing me towards the Diesel S.

mb8388 have you ordered the spec you want? At the moment my deposit is just an expression of interest.
Nice specs for both. The S diesel is a very compelling package. Surprised you're not optioning Pano roof. I have one on my Evoque and to me at least it's a no brainer and good for resale.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Neil said:
I've just come back from my local dealer where I tried a 2.0d and 3.0d back to back.

No contest! The 3.0d is rapid and so smooth. MPG was very similar too.

100% going for the S now...
Great to read this as I did exactly the same yesterday and came to the same conclusion.

I drove the equivalent 2.0 XE followed by the 3.0 XF. The V6 was very smooth and refined, with the 2.0 on the other hand you are constantly aware that you're driving a diesel.

I got out of the xf convinced that the 3.0d was the one to buy and then made the mistake of getting into the XE S 3.0 petrol. This was another step up and definitely delivers the wow factor!

On balance though, I feel that the 3.0d is the one to go for. Plenty of performance and refinement while returning good mpg.

In regards to the pano roof, the reason I have left it off is that I have a tall family and after sitting in the back of the first edition at Bluewater I felt that it reduced headroom for rear passengers just a little too much. Shame as it does really brighten up the interior. I wonder if the fixed roof will be better.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
+1 on the skip the sliding roof option.

More weight, more cost, more potential for rattles, something else to go wrong and the bar across the middle would destroy my son's view out.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 50 Posts