Votes: 1 1.4%
  • <t>> £5000</t>

Votes: 2 2.9%
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Dealer initially requested a deposit of 10% of my order value against my order. This would have been ~£5500 for my S spec car and is just dead money to me.
I thought this was way too steep and subsequent 'discussions' led to a deposit paid of £1000.
I'd be interested to know of the deposits that others have been asked for.

·
Registered
208 Posts
At least in Canada, it is totally up t o the deal to even charge a deposit, and is completely based on your relationship with them. No deposit at all for me, but another forum user had to put down $2000 at the same dealership.

·
Registered
688 Posts
£1k down for me to get me in the holding pool. Looks like an August build date for me now and my dealer did say I may need to put a bit more down at some point...

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
£1k deposit

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
£500 for me and never chased for more, then again never chased me for anything more... It's been me pushing all the time. Thinking of career change seems like money for old rope selling new luxury cars!

·
Registered
98 Posts
£500 for ne

·
Registered
922 Posts
Am I the only one who didn't have to put any deposit down? :eek: ,surely not!! As I have stated on the forum before we have brought cars from the dealer before and I put my name down for it in 2014 when I saw them being tested , and it didn't even have a name :? etc. I remember when I confirmed my spec this January, my dealer said" No deposit required"... :shock: "if you turn up on the day and don't want it",...."I know I could pick up the phone and sell it within 10 mins,such will be the demand for this vehicle" :eek: Damn if he wasn't right on this too :lol:

·
Registered
33 Posts
£500 to initially reserve one of the dealer's build slots (refundable). When I placed the actual order, I thought they'd ask for more, but no, they were still happy with just £500. I think it's the smallest new car deposit I've ever paid.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Jags cat said:
Am I the only one who didn't have to put any deposit down? :eek: ,surely not!! As I have stated on the forum before we have brought cars from the dealer before and I put my name down for it in 2014 when I saw them being tested , and it didn't even have a name :? etc. I remember when I confirmed my spec this January, my dealer said" No deposit required"... :shock: "if you turn up on the day and don't want it",...."I know I could pick up the phone and sell it within 10 mins,such will be the demand for this vehicle" :eek: Damn if he wasn't right on this too :lol:
I didn't have to put one down either. The above was the same response I got from my dealer. The demand is so high, that they weren't worried about moving them (plus it was my 4th vehicle from the same dealership, so they knew me well).

·
Registered
3 Posts
£1k, offered to pay more (stop the mrs spending it) and was told that they could not take a bigger deposit !!!!!!

2.0d AWD Portfolio, racing red, sliding black pano roof, blind spot awareness, meridian upgrade, poxy sliding cup holder covers, black leather, activity bracelet,

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Based on the stupid spec I have picked I'm surprised they didn't ask for more, as I'm not sure who would buy mine?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts