Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I just ordered my FP (spec below) at end July. In your opinion what are the chances of it being on the drive before Christmas. Dealer said this is a possibility.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Timbo62 said:
Hi all. I just ordered my FP (spec below) at end July. In your opinion what are the chances of it being on the drive before Christmas. Dealer said this is a possibility.
Hi Tim, I was initially told that when I ordered mine on May 7th it would be November/December - a few convos and this was brought forward to August, then July. I picked her up on 22nd July and am bowled over :)

I believe JLR are ramping up the Solihull plant to produce a longer shift to cater for the model (and I kinda got advised this was the case when having a production tour of the Castle Bromwich F Type in early July)

Here's a little shot of my interior - driven just 800 miles in just over a week and love it (would have loved the 3.0 but couldn't justify another £12K on top of the spec I took)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Alternatively, when I ordered mine on 4th May 2016 I was told 1st week in September only to have this put back until last week in October a few weeks ago... You pays your money etc. Pot luck depending on pro activeness of dealer, available slots, cancellations, model/specs ordered and parts supply hiccups...

You can hold you breath, but you may end up blue and in A&E :mrgreen:

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
I took my first test drive on May 6th and was given a date for expected handover there and then. Same date when I ordered two weeks later. Same date when I changed spec a dozen times. Same date when I locked spec in at beginning July. Same date on both occasions I've checked since (2nd week Sep).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine's due 3rd October having ordered late June. I think it's more than realistic you'd get it this side of Christmas.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all your stories. I feel a bit more confident now. Still I won't be holding my breath Corriescar.
Glad you're enjoying yours Delboy. Just a touch jealous. Since the test drive I can't wait to get it home. Most people on here are very positive about the car and its performance.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I believe they are being cautious and you should get it before Christmas.
I ordered mine in early July and have been given a build date of 19 August and delivery in early September.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Ordered mine 12th July and have a build week of last week in September and delivery to dealer 28th Oct. I also think some dealer dates are dependent on whether they have pre-booked build spots they can put your order into.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Mine is saying build date 16th sept, delivery within 10 days or so?

·
Registered
168 Posts
I did a tour of the Castle Bromwich production site (went to see the F Type being built - amazing :)) and did ask the guide on his thoughts for how build slots work and he interestingly said that if say North America had huge orders for a specific make / build, they would need to book the boat for delivery and is more cost effective to fill the boat rather than send a few vehicles. So if our American buyers order large volumes they are likely to get a batch built which could affect people ordering locally within the UK

I must admit for me I used a little cheeky comms by speaking with the Chairman's office on me trading my Freelander 2 in for an F Pace and that I've been a loyal customer, and can they find a little more detail on the delivery date .... you never know, if you pleasantly speak with the senior team it may help :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have ordered an F Pace today, been told delivery will be late November.

Portfolio 2.0D, 20" 5 spoke venoms, British Racing Green, Privacy Glass, Twin cup cover, Black headlining, Tan leather, Rear view camera...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Mine was ordered on the 3rd of August and I have been given an estimated date of mid to end October and will be given a firm date in 2 weeks

·
Registered
154 Posts
I fear with tumbling delivery times and increased production Jaguar are going to over supply and early owners who paid full price are going to see heavy depreciation.

It's a pity Jaguar don't follow Porsche and limit supply a little which in turn increases desirability and retains higher residuals.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts