Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
I'm having an F Pace as a company car and the lease company can't give me a delivery date. Does any one know when they are rolling off the production line? (i'm having the R sport) Someone has told me as late as July 16......great!

Thanks

·
Registered
381 Posts
My dealer was quoting April but as of last week they are quoting June, maybe later. Based on the XE it'll be later.

Having visited the Solihull manufacturing facility last month it appeared they have a huge amount of gearing up to do to get the lines ready and a significant backlog of RR Sport's and XE's.

Patience is not one of my virtues. I'm also considering a new S4 Avant. Potentially shorter lead-time and a twin turbo V6 petrol for the price of a 2.0d spec'd F-Pace R-Sport. Not very company car tax friendly of course!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Welcome Mondeoman! That's lucky getting a date of April. Jaguar PR have stated May for dealers getting their demonstrators and June for deliveries. I do wonder if First Edition buyers do actually get them first before everyone (the clue is in the name I guess!).

·
Registered
168 Posts
October at the mo :( deposit placed in 1st eek of May

·
Registered
85 Posts
Delboy2911 said:
Consider yourself lucky, thats under 6 months. I placed my deposit at the beginning of November 2015 and have to wait until August. A baby could be made quicker!

·
Registered
381 Posts
ASM33 said:
Delboy2911 said:
Consider yourself lucky, thats under 6 months. I placed my deposit at the beginning of November 2015 and have to wait until August. A baby could be made quicker!
My deposit went down in September and I too am looking at August or end of July at a push. I have even been thinking of cancelling the bloody order this week (or opting for an R-Sport instead if it would be delivered any quicker) as I'm fed-up of seeing pre-orderers getting their cars.

By the looks of it though an R-Sport would not be delivered any quicker

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
PaulC said:
ASM33 said:
Delboy2911 said:
My deposit went down in September and I too am looking at August or end of July at a push. I have even been thinking of cancelling the bloody order this week (or opting for an R-Sport instead if it would be delivered any quicker) as I'm fed-up of seeing pre-orderers getting their cars.

Personally I think waiting for a build date that's after a guaranteed fix for the rear springs issue is a sensible thing to do .. I am not hurrying my dealer along. Quite the opposite!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Does jaguar has a universal ordering code that maybe we can make a pattern out of?
I mean my order was quoted as "62278L", the communication with the bulgarian dealership i ordered the car with is really bad, and i am trying to get info on the inside from somewhere else.

·
Registered
473 Posts
PaulC said:
ASM33 said:
Delboy2911 said:

Paul, Have Hatfields in Shrewsbury been communicating with you? I get zero comms, I call, salesman busy, manager busy they will call you back but they don't, I have to chase for 2-3 days, and then I get the feeling they are thinking " oh it's him ringing to check his delivery date AGAIN" it's very definitely the worst buying experience I have every experienced for a new or secondhand car from any manufacturer based dealership.

Let's just say I feel like I am buying the car I want despite the dealership, appalling service.....

·
Registered
48 Posts
I ordered 2.0 R sport in April and told to expect Sept/Oct . Got a call from the dealer last week saying should be here for 1st July. :)

He said 2.0 being brought forward as 3.0diesel engine was in short supply

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm not convinced that what the dealer said about 3.0 diesels being in short supply is true. My dealer called me yesterday and mine has been brought forward for a third time and will be delivered this month.
Others on the forum have had similar calls.
I think that Jaguar have stepped up production.

·
Registered
381 Posts
The Gman said:
PaulC said:

Paul, Have Hatfields in Shrewsbury been communicating with you? I get zero comms, I call, salesman busy, manager busy they will call you back but they don't, I have to chase for 2-3 days, and then I get the feeling they are thinking " oh it's him ringing to check his delivery date AGAIN" it's very definitely the worst buying experience I have every experienced for a new or secondhand car from any manufacturer based dealership.

Let's just say I feel like I am buying the car I want despite the dealership, appalling service.....
I've surprised myself with my patience for Hatfields (and by association Jaguar) to date but that is rapidly wearing thin. One of the reasons is I find the latest salesperson is better of the three I've had since September!

To date though, no pro-activity. I'm constantly chasing by email (ignored) and phone (mostly answered) for zero updates. I missed the first order call as I had still not locked spec at that point but was never told when first order call was otherwise I would have locked.

Finally, got a build date of between 15th July and 26th Aug when their administrator returned last week. Told I could still spec amend at that point (having been told I could not a month ago), but it will very likely jeopardise this build slot.

At this point I'm led to believe it's likely to be e/o July delivery. If not, and it looks like after summer shut down and therefore into September then I'll be done and look to my deposit terms. Quite happy to keep my Evoque longer and buy an FP when the Ingenium V6 Diesel is tried, tested and Jag have hopefully upped their game and dealer comms.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Finalised order and payed on 15th of May, got a confirmation today for end of october, beginning of november.. 3.0d S.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I've just come back from the dealer as was trying to get an F Pace for the day and you're not going to believe this - October build date brought forward to 8th July (tbc) - Delivery date 8th August - do I wait till September for the newer plates (don't think I can) - I'll just throw some private plates on it :)

2.0d i4D AJ200 Diesel 180ps Auto AWD Prestige - Only spec'ed up the Infotainment to the Pro and a few small additions (including rear camera)

·
Registered
688 Posts
Delboy2911 said:
I've just come back from the dealer as was trying to get an F Pace for the day and you're not going to believe this - October build date brought forward to 8th July (tbc) - Delivery date 8th August - do I wait till September for the newer plates (don't think I can) - I'll just throw some private plates on it :)

2.0d i4D AJ200 Diesel 180ps Auto AWD Prestige - Only spec'ed up the Infotainment to the Pro and a few small additions (including rear camera)
when did you order?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts