Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I placed my order for the F PACE (near basic version) on the 7th May after a test drive on the 6th May

2.0 AWD | Dark Sapphire / Loire Blue | Rear view Camera | Panoramic Roof | Infotainment Pro | 18" wheels + a few more smaller enhancements

I was told then that this would likely be a November delivery which I said my birthday was on the 29th, so even though a hell of a wait I'd have to put up with it.

I was then advised a couple of weeks ago that this was more likely to be October, so a little better ....

I went to the dealer today to see if I could borrow the F Pace (similar spec without the pro info system) for a day so that we could take the family out for a nice drive rather than the hour or so they normally got and was advised that the Jaguar tracking system had now a build date of 8th July, and a delivery date to the retailer of the 1st week in August. :)

Now the conundrum, do I wait till the 66 plate comes out in September or buy some from the DVLA and grab it earlier?

I think I'll go for the later as from a resale perspective, the build date will be the same

I think the lock down is likely to be in the next 2 weeks

Couldn't be more happy!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
These moving goal posts are a nightmare, my lock in date is 14 June so finalising it tomorrow at the dealer. Build date had been quoted around 20 something of July, plus two weeks to deliver from factory plus allow a week at dealer to receive it and PDI, so mid Aug. Similar dilemma to you. Think I'd wait for Sept to come so you have it on log book as half a year newer. Will add a little to your value. I bought a cheap Irish plate from DVLA 3 letters and 3 numbers was £399, private sites had the plate for £750!! I didn't want to spend a bundle but noticed all the FP's in the adverts and brochures were triple letter numbers and kinda suited the car. So see if any on the DVLA Irish suit your needs.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Excellent news .. happy for you!

Slightly confused about your desire to put a personal plate on tho .. fine if you want to but it seems to be prompted to hide the age of the car .. but if you took delivery on 1st Sep of a 66 plate, that's going to be out of date in 6 months time anyway .. would that have bothered you in March?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi JLRnumber5,

Been thinking of getting a private number plate since getting my XF a few years back, so nothing more than that :) it's more about my ability to wait when I know the car is sitting in Brum or Basingstoke and I can't drive it :)

I would suggest to anyone that's interested in seeing how the F Pace is built is to ask the dealership to ask Solihull on you behalf for a free tour as at even 49/pp is a little expensive for someone spending quite a lot on the car - I think my local branch will take the cost or ask Solihull to admit 3 for free :)

I did the factory tour when I bought a Merc CLK a few moons ago and they gave me Club Class from Heathrow to Bremen, transfers from the airport to the hotel (5*) and meal and accommodation all checked in, then transfers to the factory the following day - Then some great videos of the Merc history and then a tour of the line that builds the model of the car you've bought

Following they you get your car delivered onto the carpeted showroom and walked through all the functions where you then get to drive it away on a full tank to the port (chunnel or boat - all paid for :)), then get it back to your dealership where they gave me a E class whilst the PDI was taken and they changes the plates, filled it up with diesel and gave it back

I'm happy for the tour and do something else around Brum, but was a great experience :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts