Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

This is my first post in this forum. I'm trying to seek clarification on when my F-Pace is likely to be delivered. I made an advance booking with my dealer on 18/3/15 and have since specified a 2.0 Portfolio. My dealer cannot yet give me a delivery date, but says the last date of amendment listed is shown as 25/5/16.

Does anyone know what this is likely to mean in terms of a delivery date?

Also it seems from what I've read on some of the forums, that there are cars that were ordered long after mine that have already been delivered. Before I contact Jaguar to complain about this, is there anyone who can give me a specific example?

Thanks for any help.

John

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi Jihn,
My order was created on 24/9/15 and confirmed from holding pool on 29/3/26. It has a last change date of 14/4/16 and a build date of w/e 27/5/16. Delivery is planned to dealer on 24/6/16 and hand over to me on 29/6/16. Hope this helps you. My order is also for a 2litre AWD Portfolio in IRR with many extras.

·
Registered
50 Posts
This does seem a very long time especially for a 2ltr. Did you really mean 18/3/15 and not 16? I ordered mine late January 16 and had a confirmed build day of 8 May and delivery for end of May or first week June. However I have recently cancelled as it was just too wide for my needs when I had my test drive. It was impossible to park in car park between markings and still get out from both sides and given I drive on a lot of narrow country lanes it just wouldn't suit my needs. A real shame as its a lovely car and almost everything else was ideal. Roll on the smaller model which I see Auto Express is calling the E Pace.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick feedback, yes it was 2015 that I first paid my deposit.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DWD said:
Hi Jihn,
My order was created on 24/9/15 and confirmed from holding pool on 29/3/26. It has a last change date of 14/4/16 and a build date of w/e 27/5/16. Delivery is planned to dealer on 24/6/16 and hand over to me on 29/6/16. Hope this helps you. My order is also for a 2litre AWD Portfolio in IRR with many extras.
Thanks, it does seem that I am being disadvantaged for some reason given that I was some 6 months earlier in creating my order and paying a substantial deposit to be first in the queue. I will be taking this up with Jaguar tomorrow.

John (sorry for earlier typo).

·
Registered
31 Posts
hi john
i am in the same boat as you placed initial deposit april 2015 ,specked late sept but not got a build date yet ,been told should get car in june ,
which dealer did you place your order with as i think it makes a difference,mine is norwich

·
Registered
473 Posts
F-Pace3092 said:
Hi folks,

This is my first post in this forum. I'm trying to seek clarification on when my F-Pace is likely to be delivered. I made an advance booking with my dealer on 18/3/15 and have since specified a 2.0 Portfolio. My dealer cannot yet give me a delivery date, but says the last date of amendment listed is shown as 25/5/16.

Does anyone know what this is likely to mean in terms of a delivery date?

Also it seems from what I've read on some of the forums, that there are cars that were ordered long after mine that have already been delivered. Before I contact Jaguar to complain about this, is there anyone who can give me a specific example?

Thanks for any help.

John
John please see my email to Ryan in customer services thread it will explain what has happened.

I too ordered earlier than a number of people getting cars now, my situation is compounded by being a 3ltr which have supply issues, that said the manner in which pre-orders where allocated build slots seems to have been a free for all, the more organised dealers who chased there orders down on the day of build allocation seem to have been able to get build slots ahead of less pushy/less well organised (choose you adjective) dealers.

It appears mine was gazumped perhaps like yours, so I find myself have committed earlier and getting my car later due to what I can only describe as my dealer being less well versed in the black arts of how to game the system.

It appears to have been a shambolic "process".

I am not sure who I am crosser with Jaguar or the evident ineptitude of my local dealer.

John

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
curly said:
hi john
i am in the same boat as you placed initial deposit april 2015 ,specked late sept but not got a build date yet ,been told should get car in june ,
which dealer did you place your order with as i think it makes a difference,mine is norwich
I ordered mine with Pentland, Edinburgh.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
John please see my email to Ryan in customer services thread it will explain what has happened.

I too ordered earlier than a number of people getting cars now, my situation is compounded by being a 3ltr which have supply issues, that said the manner in which pre-orders where allocated build slots seems to have been a free for all, the more organised dealers who chased there orders down on the day of build allocation seem to have been able to get build slots ahead of less pushy/less well organised (choose you adjective) dealers.

It appears mine was gazumped perhaps like yours, so I find myself have committed earlier and getting my car later due to what I can only describe as my dealer being less well versed in the black arts of how to game the system.

It appears to have been a shambolic "process".

I am not sure who I am crosser with Jaguar or the evident ineptitude of my local dealer.

Thanks for this it makes interesting reading. I have already sought an explanation from my dealer tonight. I will be going straight on yo Jaguar tomorrow. I will keep you posted.

John[/quote]

·
Registered
208 Posts
If it is any consolation, it is the same with the JLR dealerships around the world. I am getting mine in the first batch of deliveries to Canada, only because my dealer, with whom I have a long standing relationship, had my order on his desk and placed it with JLR the moment orders opened. A friend had dropped his order off the same time as me (Jan) with another dealer, but that dealer didn't get around to putting the orders into the system until a week after the ordering with JLR opened, and as a result, his delivery is now Autumn. He is fuming because we both left our orders with dealers at the same time and mine was just more on the ball. Perhaps something to do with the fact that I was on phone to him the very same day demanding a copy of my vista order ;)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Ryan's response does just confirm how important an on the ball dealer was/is. My dealer phoned me on the Saturday morning the pool opened and confirmed all details so he could load on system first thing Saturday. Clearly those who waited until their admin staff came in on Monday lost out significantly whereas those who didn't even chase then were down the pile. I don't think we can blame Jaguar for this its down to dealers working hard for customers.

·
Banned
1,133 Posts
When I placed the order for the first edition ...the dealer misplaced the order due to the member of staff leaving...and therefore the whole process was delayed...the point I am making is unless the dealer puts the order on the system ...jaguar doesn't even no about it :roll:
what should happen is you place the order with Jaguar and you specify which dealer you want to use...then your order would be in date order and directly in the system ... :eek: :shock: :D

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've taken up the issue directly with Jaguar's CEO. It seems inherently unfair that people who ordered their cars much earlier are being disadvantaged by the management system. I will keep you updated with any progress I make.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I think you have a very valid point. When the orders opened I know my dealer took over a week before they finally loaded up the orders where I bet a few others were doing that on day 1-3 so bagged early spots.
Saying that each dealer gets a first slot allocation so let's say 4 cars or 8 cars etc, maybe a few more.

As long as they get them in within that first period / month I think you should be thereabouts. I got into that first round but later than others and had no date given to me for a while. I'm hopeful to get it soon but until I get notification it's getting built and ready to ship then I'll be uncertain and there's every chance the date will move but I hope not,

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So I took up my case with Jaguar and the dealer and it now appears that my car was not ordered when it should have been as a result of an error by the dealer. The dealer has been in touch with Jaguar and they seem to be willing to do all that they can do to rectify the error and get my car built and to me soonest. Everyone is making the right noises, I will keep you posted on whether the noises translate to delivery, but things seem to be moving in the right direction.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
473 Posts
F-Pace3092 said:
So I took up my case with Jaguar and the dealer and it now appears that my car was not ordered when it should have been as a result of an error by the dealer. The dealer has been in touch with Jaguar and they seem to be willing to do all that they can do to rectify the error and get my car built and to me soonest. Everyone is making the right noises, I will keep you posted on whether the noises translate to delivery, but things seem to be moving in the right direction.

:D :D :D :D :D :D
Good luck, I hope it comes forward for you, l am now confirmed as delivered to the dealer before the end of July, my spec is locked down in Jaguars build system.... This took a month of escalation to bring it in from a mid August build, 1st week in September delivery to me, this with a deposit placed 14th September 2015. Like you I was told May when placing my deposit, and like you August/September delivery a month or so ago, a lot of escalation later it's July.

It shows what's possible with an efficient dealer given Dal's impending deliver of his supercharged S next week.... I am not envious at all :D just wished for the first time in my life I lived in Nottingham where the dealers is obviously more efficient than mine.....

·
Registered
410 Posts
Mine is now in the Jaguar dealer compound at Baddesley (j10 M1) should be at my dealer early next week and to me by the end of the week apparently, will have it 100% confirmed day wise by Friday :)

·
Registered
302 Posts
JefFPace said:
Just heard from dealer that mine should be here in New York on 20th May
Sounds like you got my car off the production line, as that was the day I was told picking mine up - Now gone backwards to August .... :(

ENJOY when it arrives :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.