Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Ordered my 3 litre supercharged few extras' end of May, I've still had no dealer update other than a call in August. :evil: plenty of new owners on here seem to have dates brought forward! anyone have a genuine explanation around lead time. I was originally told mid October now I'm told they aren't expecting it until the end of October, however that's only an estimate. :? I'm in limbo and pretty frustrated as many seem to be arriving sooner for some later for others?

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Thats really strange as others are getting theirs, i would give them a call and ask whats the hold up.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Of course, I'm just asking around before making the call.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I ordered 4th May, delivery was originally quoted 7th September, then this changed to build w/e 23rd September, delivery 21st October.

Built on schedule, delivered to dealers last Friday.

If you have a common order number they should be able to give you build date at least. I believe you can also get this from CS...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, sorry what's a CS?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow. Hahaha thanks I'll give them a ring tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Mine was ordered July, supposed to be built w/e 16th sept, but was delayed 2 weeks, and is being delivered this friday

·
Registered
5 Posts
I ordered in May got an e mail in August saying "hi" was meant to get car September October . I asked for an order number in September, but didn't get one so decided to give up and ask for my deposit back. Car dealers have short memories when there's a queue outside the door there don't give a t**s about buyers I will vote with my feet. JLR good luck

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Called them them once again for an update, been told its now built and the sales manager has said he's "requested it" and it "should" be with them any day now!?! He claims he requested it on the 5th October any guidance/ sense-checks around this would be appreciated. From when it arrives at the dealership to when I'll be actually driving it!!!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Isitreadyyet said:
Called them them once again for an update, been told its now built and the sales manager has said he's "requested it" and it "should" be with them any day now!?! He claims he requested it on the 5th October any guidance/ sense-checks around this would be appreciated. From when it arrives at the dealership to when I'll be actually driving it!!!
If he called it down on the 5th - last Weds. they should get it early/middle of this week, so all things being equal should be available to collect sometime middle or end of next week? - 20/21st?
Suggest you call maybe tomorrow and get a pick up slot booked in - gives them something to work to as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Worth a try, thanks for replying.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
If it helps, mine arrived Thursday, I went to see it Saturday, and they said I could have it from Wednesday, but I cannot get there until Friday

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Great that does thanks, I'll base it on a Week from arrival at the dealership as a worse case, fingers crossed!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ordered mine at the end of July for December delivery and told I would be contacted prior to 'lock-in' so that spec can be confirmed and modified. Guess what? No call and happened to pop down to check and lo and behold lock-in has passed and the car is due 1st week November. Not happy because decided on another colour, wheels etc. Dealer seems ok about it and agrees there was no email or contact but I'm am waiting confirmation that the car I now want I will get.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Nice. Another supercharged - getting too common :)
If he requested it then it's at dealers in 3-10 days then PDI and it's yours.

Generally you should be driving it within 2 weeks max of calling down and maybe less.

Great they had no info, might be November and oh it's built.
Sad thing is they would have had a lock in date about 5 weeks before build date so they know these dates well before delivery
They could have advised you in August / sept really. I chased up early and had screenshots etc emailed to me

1 - 16 of 16 Posts