Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just had call from my dealer.. Has confirmed my delivery in first allocation to dealer after FE. I will get my car First week in June. Shrowroom model R sport arriving on 9 April .... 2 Demos a week later on 18, 2 & 3 ltr car but no more detail than that. Well now we have a date. Also car is now locked into build straight away so going to keep full size spare as apprently they still don't have full price list for buying spare wheel and parts yet as space saver tyre is a new non standard size!!! Not like XF apparently

·
Registered
13 Posts
May I ask who your dealer is?
Maybe Taunton?

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes yes, a nice bloke called dean who is ringing through his list as I type!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Cheers. I'm gonna take a trip to Taunton on the 10th of April then!

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't forget to mention me JA65 CAT I may get some commission.... Yeah right... More chance getting a date with the queen!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Been over to my dealer (H A Fox - Doncaster) today and firmed up my order..... They are expecting their FE customers (3) to get their cars this month and were happy to indicate to me that I would see my non FE order mid May (I am customer no 1)..... Also managed to sort out my dual spare wheel requirement (with flat boot floor) .... I am well happy

Clock now ticking :) :D

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Wonder how long before the next slots. ? My dealer only had about 10 slots so doesn't look like there was one for my petrol S.

I wonder if there are any dealers out there that have Petrol slots to fill - ? Unlikely I know. My dealer said nearly all theirs were diesel models and they had very few petrol models bought.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know my dealer had some allocation left a few weeks ago... maybe worth a try.. Taunton jaguar 01823 414000 ask for Dean Bowden !or just go the through all dealers... Bit of chore... I have done it before for the A5 when it came out.. Took 2 half hours but got a heck of a deal from teeside!

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Thanks jag I'll call them Monday and if no joy will call round a few more.

·
Registered
245 Posts
:!: STOP PRESS :!:
Had a call from my Norfolk dealer today who has just received confirmation from Jaguar that all 4 of their FEs are being delivered in April with mine being one of the first. I have been told that I will definitely be driving the car before the end of the month. This is a couple of weeks earlier than indicated at the previews back in February.
Hopefully for others on this forum, the first of the mainstream orders will be getting fulfilled a little earlier than expected too :D :D :D

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cool, let's hope so!! Not sure how long that FE drivers get being out there on thier own.. Before thier poor relations (us) get allowed out to play :lol:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Chased my dealer on Friday, he says expecting their demonstrators by 3rd week in April.
JLR not currently allowing any F Pace to be taxed or driven before the 16th April, (also said this may change).
He expects I will be in my FE before the end of the month at the latest. Looks like we are staring to get some consistent messages from the dealers now.
When I ordered in January I was told to expect the car in June, then later told it was likely to move forward to late May so quite happy with the news.
Seem to me JLR have been reasonable in setting expectations, always better to have dates moving forward then have to announce delays. Lets hope the first road test published next week are good, might prompt JLR to want to get the show on the road as quickly as possible to build on the momentum and anticipation.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Jags cat said:
Hi all, just had call from my dealer.. Has confirmed my delivery in first allocation to dealer after FE. I will get my car First week in June. Shrowroom model R sport arriving on 9 April .... 2 Demos a week later on 18, 2 & 3 ltr car but no more detail than that. Well now we have a date. Also car is now locked into build straight away so going to keep full size spare as apprently they still don't have full price list for buying spare wheel and parts yet as space saver tyre is a new non standard size!!! Not like XF apparently
Hi can I ask when you paid your deposit? I paid my £500 dep on 19 Dec and have been told I will have to wait till end Sept ?

·
Registered
31 Posts
hi mike
i paid a returnable deposit april last year and did my spec and paid a further £1500.00 on the 25th sept,i did commit to the f-pace
very early, the only down side is the dealers are not giving very good p/exchange because they know you are committed to buy the car

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi Mike, As we have brought vehicles from this group before, no deposit was required from us. I have been in constant touch with the dealer since the CX17 was shown a few years ago during which time we have had aslo taken delivery of an XF R-sport sportbrake and my wife's new facelift Evoque from them.To be honest when I sat down with dealer in January to confirm spec he said their were so many people interested in this car that even if I turned up on the day to collect it and said no I don't like colour or something.. He knew he could pick up phone and have it sold within an hour, as long as the spec was a good choice and not to left field. Like I Have posted many times on here... My issue has been with Jag themselves and not my dealer who has worked hard to deal with our frustrations at lack of info in this particular launch. It would still be nice for Jaguar to acknowledge the commitment and passion shared by the people on this forum for thier faith,trust and passion for this car.

I do note that you say delivery in Sep, that does seem a bit off when your deposit was in Dec... I know it all comes down to allocation and build slots, however think that another word with dealer or dare I say another dealer is needed, but again all depends on what they will guarantee when this car really takes off very soon.... Reviews next week depending !!!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.