Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
721 - 736 of 736 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry to hear that VR1, That's a long time to be waiting to then be pushed back. Very disappointing. What Spec did you order?
When you state MY23 does that mean that you will still get teh car in the near future but it will be built to MY3, or are you in limbo and have to reorder a MY23?l
Hi Pughy269,
I ordered R Dynamic S, 165D - and added some extras, I knew about chip shortage and wasn’t pushing to get much tech in the car. Engine - basic one as main driver will be Wife with kids;)
Added - tinted windows, dynamic indicators, premium cabin lighting, electricity adjustable steering column, roof rails, grey paint, spare wheel.
I see now no digital display in SE (from what I read here) and no discount afterwards or any other extra option as complimentary thing.
Good thing - order price protected. I don’t need to reorder car again.
(From dealer - Unfortunately we still do not have any build dates for your car. I suspect we might not do so for a little while longer yet as we are now awaiting the build programme for 2023 model year cars. Please do not panic unduly as 2023 model year cars do not mean they will be delivered in 2023 necessarily. Also just in case you are wondering if there is a price increase for 2023 model year cars then your order will be price protected.)
Screenshot attached - I made in April this year. I got about 6% discount initially in 2021 on this car, you can take about 5000 to 5500£ of price you see online now.
Only good thing I guess.
Fingers crossed hopefully will come at some point!
Wheel Automotive parking light Car Tire Land vehicle

·
Registered
On Order 16th Nov - D200 R Dynamic Black, Bluefire blue, Oyster interior
14 Posts
Hi Pughy269,
I ordered R Dynamic S, 165D - and added some extras, I knew about chip shortage and wasn’t pushing to get much tech in the car. Engine - basic one as main driver will be Wife with kids;)
Added - tinted windows, dynamic indicators, premium cabin lighting, electricity adjustable steering column, roof rails, grey paint, spare wheel.
I see now no digital display in SE (from what I reed here) and no discount afterwards or any other extra option as complimentary thing.
Good thing - order price protected. Screenshot attached - I made in April this year. I got about 6% discount initially in 2021 on this car, you can take about 5000 to 5500£ of price you see online now.
Only good thing I guess.
Fingers crossed hopefully will come at some point!
Looks good and a great price too so it's good that they honoured the price. From reading the threads, there doesn't seem to be an easy theme/logic (I'm sure there is from Jag's POV) regarding who gets cancelled/pushbacks etc.
It could even be down to our individual options which is a tad worrying. I'm still optimistic and thinking positively. All Fingers & Toes crossed 😊

Reactions: VR1

·
Registered
14 Posts
The ironic thing is that a colleague in work ordered a Jag F Pace in Feb due to the long lead times, she had a call at the end of March to say that her car is waiting to be collected at the dealership. She couldn't believe it and asked if it was definitely hers and had the options she ordered. It was her car alright, which amazed her and me. The only thing I could conclude is that it was a Petrol version which I assume not so many people order these days.

·
Registered
Awaiting P400e R Dynamic black, with lots of bits
74 Posts
Pughy269&VR1.
Welcome to the forum and the roller coaster 🎢, I like you and many others are waiting for cars. So it is good to get and collate all the different experiences, both positive and negative

·
Registered
14 Posts
Pughy269&VR1.
Welcome to the forum and the roller coaster 🎢, I like you and many others are waiting for cars. So it is good to get and collate all the different experiences, both positive and negative
Thanks, as I mentioned in my first post, I was blissfully unaware of the possibility of any cancellations until I came on here. At least I am better prepared mentally now if my order does get cancelled. I had my last Automated text update from my dealer on the 4th May so if their updates are fortnightly as some say, then I might have more info on the weekend/start of next week.
P400 is a lovely spec and was showing the shortest leadtimes if I remember correclly, so here's hoping

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ordered a D200 R Dynamic SE on the 30 June 21 and was given a September build date with a 1st Oct dealer deiivery. This gradually slipped back to a 24th June 22 dealer delivery. This has now been unslotted and will have to be re-orderedby the dealer as a MY23 vehicle.
I have had a long conversation with the sales director at the dealership this week the only good news is that the original price and finance rates are being honoured. The car is now nearly £7k more expensive than when I ordered it.
I will leave the order running buy my current XF off the lease company, the lease is up on 30th June, I have already extended it 3 times and if the F Pace arrives at any point I will consider my options.
It's been so long that any excitement has gone.
JLR you have killed my passion for cars.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sorry to hear that, I'm going to check my order, it's becoming more unlikely that I will have my car at the end of June/start of July if your and others experiences are anything to go by.
Is there any indication on a timeline?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I ordered a D200 R Dynamic SE on the 30 June 21 and was given a September build date with a 1st Oct dealer deiivery. This gradually slipped back to a 24th June 22 dealer delivery. This has now been unslotted and will have to be re-orderedby the dealer as a MY23 vehicle.
I have had a long conversation with the sales director at the dealership this week the only good news is that the original price and finance rates are being honoured. The car is now nearly £7k more expensive than when I ordered it.
I will leave the order running buy my current XF off the lease company, the lease is up on 30th June, I have already extended it 3 times and if the F Pace arrives at any point I will consider my options.
Did your dealer get in touch with you to give the bad news or did you chase it up?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ouch, that's a significant loss. I wouldn't want to be working in Car manufacturing right now, must be so difficult.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did your dealer get in touch with you to give the bad news or did you chase it up?
The dealer sent me a blunt email, I had to phone and rattle them to get to speak to the sales director. There is no news on a new delivery as they cannot re-order as a MY23 car at the moment. I think the unslotting is a tactic by JLR to get people to cancel existing orders that are locked into a price. For brand new first time orders the dealer tells me that JLR are no longing fixing the price at the time of order

·
Registered
Awaiting P400e R Dynamic black, with lots of bits
74 Posts
I know it doesn't help our cause, but piecing all the snippets of news, all the car manufacturers are concentrating on reducing the amount of options to keep inventories low, keeping production costs as low as possible, while increasing price to maximise margin. Which unfortunately leaves us the customer having to either live with it or buy second hand at inflated prices. I don't think things will change for a while!

·
Registered
14 Posts
The dealer sent me a blunt email, I had to phone and rattle them to get to speak to the sales director. There is no news on a new delivery as they cannot re-order as a MY23 car at the moment. I think the unslotting is a tactic by JLR to get people to cancel existing orders that are locked into a price. For brand new first time orders the dealer tells me that JLR are no longing fixing the price at the time of order
That's disappointing, I know they are stuck in the middle but it would have been better them phoning you to discuss.
I think you could be onto something regarding the unslotting, at least you have the assurance of the fixed price which is only fair after waiting so long.
I Emailed my dealer yesterday and he said that my build date of 17th June is still showing on the system at the moment, I mentioned unslotting and he said that he has had very few, but it's obviously possible. He said not to start selling my current car which I was starting to prepare for.
Not sure what I'm going to do if I get unslotted, there isn't much else I like out there and then you have to go down the waiting route once again.
I have another car on order from Last July which I was hoping for this summer but that has been pushed back until Dec or even 2023. The lack of communication and constant changes has been an headache and I was glad the Jag was going so smoothly, until I stumbled on this thread😀. Oh well

I know it doesn't help our cause, but piecing all the snippets of news, all the car manufacturers are concentrating on reducing the amount of options to keep inventories low, keeping production costs as low as possible, while increasing price to maximise margin. Which unfortunately leaves us the customer having to either live with it or buy second hand at inflated prices. I don't think things will change for a while!
Yeah, it's clear when looking on other manufacturers configurators that some variants are not available and options have reduced significantly.
My Daughter ordered a new Fiesta in Dec and will have it around June but you can't even order a new fiesta and haven't been able to for a month or two.
Who would have envisaged not being able to order ta Fiesta which has been the No1 seller for many years.
Crazy times.

Reactions: G1969

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry to hear story like this one. Almost a year and no clue when car is coming. It’s not normal how they do business.
I will chase my order today.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Ouch, that's a significant loss. I wouldn't want to be working in Car manufacturing right now, must be so difficult.
The major manufacturers made rods for their own backs by shutting down production and supply chains. I feel sorry for the people on the shop floor, but it's difficult to have any sympathy for the management of JLR or any other marque that's struggling - they are simply reaping what they've sown. As usual, it's the consumer that really suffers.

721 - 736 of 736 Posts