Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
701 - 720 of 736 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just had a call from my dealer to tell me my order has been ‘unslotted’ by Jaguar, apparently this is due to shortages on the D300 engine! Although my order is “price protected” he has had no guidance from Jaguar on when it might now arrive and just to “keep checking VISTA”.

As I’m ill at the moment with the dreaded C19 lurgy I didn’t go into all the ins and outs, but did let him know I’d probably be looking to cancel my order as I’m not going to wait indefinitely.

Not the result I really wanted, but reading a lot of messages here it hasn’t really come as a massive surprise.
That's not good news on both counts. Hope they get it sorted out for you quickly and hope you feel better soon.

·
Registered
Awaiting P400E R-Dynamic SE, Portofino/Ebony, Black Pack, 20" 1067, Adaptive Response, Meridian
22 Posts
Was the remote app not available to unlock it?
.... it was in the sports bag, locked in the boot. The whole car was locked. I had approached the car to drive home, opened the boot when the car was locked, put the bag in and then closed the boot again. .... It doesn't happen when the remote is left in the car but it did when it was in the boot !

·
Registered
Awaiting P400e R Dynamic black, with lots of bits
74 Posts
Just had a call from my dealer to tell me my order has been ‘unslotted’ by Jaguar, apparently this is due to shortages on the D300 engine! Although my order is “price protected” he has had no guidance from Jaguar on when it might now arrive and just to “keep checking VISTA”.

As I’m ill at the moment with the dreaded C19 lurgy I didn’t go into all the ins and outs, but did let him know I’d probably be looking to cancel my order as I’m not going to wait indefinitely.

Not the result I really wanted, but reading a lot of messages here it hasn’t really come as a massive surprise.
Sorry to hear

·
Registered
65 Posts
.... it was in the sports bag, locked in the boot.
Not the remote key, I mean the Jaguar Remote app on your phone. I’d hope that would open the car regardless of whether the key is in it or not. I may try this with my spare tomorrow when at home, would be good to know if there are limitations.

·
Registered
40 Posts
You shouldn't have been able to close the tailgate with the key in the boot, the key should have been detected and the boot would refuse to close, the car giving a double beep. I can only presume for some reason, the key was shielded while inside the bag and so not detected. I have just tried this, the car detects the key and refuses to close the tailgate, giving a double beep. If the car is locked, I open the tailgate, I place the key in a faraday pouch, in the boot, it's not detected and I can't even close the boot, as that needs the smart key to work, the close tailgate button just does nothing, so I'm not sure how you managed to close your tailgate with the car in a locked status. I can use the Jaguar Remote app on my Apple watch or iPhone to unlock the car without the key being in my pocket of course. But to close the boot I'd need to manually pull it shut, I haven't tried this.

Taking this one stage further, you could leave all your keys, wallet, phone etc inside the glovebox and use a smart watch with the Jaguar Remote app (my watch has an E-SIM so I don't need the phone with me) and this would give similar functionality to the Jaguar Activity Band, but use with caution as both the watch and the car must have a functional mobile network signal to work. Be a tad annoying to have enough signal to activate the remote lock only to return to find you can't unlock it. You can lock the smart key in the car if you use the Jaguar Remote app to lock it, I've tested this too.
Automotive design Automotive tire Gadget Font Motor vehicle

·
Registered
Awaiting P400E R-Dynamic SE, Portofino/Ebony, Black Pack, 20" 1067, Adaptive Response, Meridian
22 Posts
I agree with you, it shouldn't have been able to happen. Hopefully JLR realised the problem and updated something. My Discovery Sport is an early 2015 production so the electronics and firmware involved could easily have been updated since.

·
Registered
Waiting on MY22 R-Dynamic HSE D300, ordered mid-Dec '21, now due "end of June"
149 Posts
Sorry to hear
That's not good news on both counts. Hope they get it sorted out for you quickly and hope you feel better soon.
Thanks guys, unfortunately my patience has worn thin and I needed to make a decision. So it’s with some regret that I’ve gone with my alternate option, which is a quite lightly used Audi Q7 (found one with a spec too good to resist). I couldn’t get the figures to make sense on a used F-Pace in the spec I wanted.

Thanks to everyone that’s contributed to this thread, I think it’s been useful for all and hope that continues. I also wish all the best to those still hanging in there with their orders, enjoy your cars when you get them.

As a former prospective F-Pace owner this’ll probably be my last post. Cheers all

·
Registered
207 Posts
Thanks for your valuable contributions to this thread. I'm still hanging in there waiting for information, but like you I am looking at other manufacturers cars as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So I contacted my dealer today asking about my order and referencing the things I had heard on line. I have been told that JLR has allowed dealers to order cars and that they are in a holding pool. The dealer said they hoped to hear soon which cars will be built and which cars won't. Hardly very informative or reassuring....off to BMW on Friday.

·
Registered
Waiting on MY22 R-Dynamic HSE D300, ordered mid-Dec '21, now due "end of June"
149 Posts
So I contacted my dealer today asking about my order and referencing the things I had heard on line. I have been told that JLR has allowed dealers to order cars and that they are in a holding pool. The dealer said they hoped to hear soon which cars will be built and which cars won't. Hardly very informative or reassuring....off to BMW on Friday.
Good luck, the key issue (apart from my order being ‘unslotted’/cancelled of course!) is that the dealer literally told me he has had no forecast on ANY dates - not even a likely window and just to keep checking. BMW seem to have healthy approved used and reasonable new car stock (I.e. prebuilt unregistered or pre-registered).

Although my last car was a BMW the X3 seemed a bit small inside and the X5 just didn’t fit what I was prepared to spend. The Q7 get as good reviews, offers more space (more like an X7!) and the one I’ve got had a spec that would have seen me spend literally hundreds more a month on an X5 (maybe it’s residuals values, as the list prices are about the same I think).

Anyway I don’t want to steer this thread off course (so much for my last post eh!). Good luck

·
Registered
On Order 16th Nov - D200 R Dynamic Black, Bluefire blue, Oyster interior
15 Posts
Hi All, I stumbled across the Forum last night which is great and given me plenty to read. However my stomach churned whilst reading this thread. I had no idea that peoples orders were being cancelled or changed to MY23:(.
I ordered my Car on 16th Nov with an initial build date around Sept. I spoke to my dealer about a month for the first time since ordering the car. He said that I had a build date of the 17th June and would likely be ready 2 weeks after around the start of July.
I also spoke with him last week to make some slight changes to the build and was told that it was still on course so had no worries until seeing this thread. I will just have to keep my optimism up and hope for the best🤞.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think I am done. My XE has been plagued with issues but I liked the F Pace so much I thought id stick with the brand. The dealer I feel is fobbing me off probably to make there sales look good until month end. To top it all off I just called JLR cuomster services and wait for it.... the have closed the call centre. What a shower of shit. Show me any other company who would treat their customers with such little respect and would still be able to maintain a good reputation.

·
Registered
F-Pace, R-Dynamic SE Eiger Grey, Oyster interior, Sliding panoramic roof
1 Posts
Hi All, I stumbled across the Forum last night which is great and given me plenty to read. However my stomach churned whilst reading this thread. I had no idea that peoples orders were being cancelled or changed to MY23:(.
I ordered my Car on 16th Nov with an initial build date around Sept. I spoke to my dealer about a month for the first time since ordering the car. He said that I had a build date of the 17th June and would likely be ready 2 weeks after around the start of July.
I also spoke with him last week to make some slight changes to the build and was told that it was still on course so had no worries until seeing this thread. I will just have to keep my optimism up and hope for the best🤞.
Hi, I ordered my car in September 2021 and was told it was due to arrive in January but plan for more February. Then I was told it was going to arrive in end of March, then June. I went into Jaguar to speak to the sales guy who took my order and he said that because I had a build date it would be fine but when he looked on the system it had been unslotted and he didn’t know. I called 2 weeks later to be told all cars were unslotted because they are all going to become MY23. I called again 2 weeks ago to be told “good news you have a build date again”, like you it is scheduled to be built on the 17th June and should be with the dealership on the 1st July.
I did ask what spec the car will have because I had heard a few different things from various places and I was told the system still shows the MY22 spec but he isn’t sure if that’s correct or not because he thought they were all being done as MY23. So I guess we will have to wait and see what arrives. Reading the spec of MY23 most of FPaces have lost the digital driver assistant screen and it’s analog which is a shame.
Trying to stay optimistic but I can totally understand and appreciate why others have now cancelled their orders. fingers crossed the car arrives soo. I guess we won’t know anything until 18th June to see if our cars were in fact built! Good luck!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks for the reply DPerky, That's quite some mix of Emotions you have been though over the last few months:eek:. My original advised date when I ordered was Sept, so I have been quite chilled about the whole thing. When I was told I had a June build date a couple of weeks ago, I was pleasantly surprised and thought nothing more until reading this thread last night.
It's made me think about the options I have added, wonder if they will hinder the build🤷‍♂️
If I do get the dreaded call, at least I'm forewarned now. Here's hoping still, I have been looking forward to the car and I really don't know what alternative I would go for🤦‍♂️
Please keep us updated and I will do the same(y)

Reactions: G1969

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi All,
I got similar story as DPerky!
Car ordered - mid September 2021, no updates from dealership. Contacted them twice (March, April) and received MY23 as latest update (no other information).
Very disappointed with Jaguar and attitude towards clients. My big mistake not ordering German car.
Good luck with your F-Pace orders.
I’ll post update.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had a call today from my dealer reporting yet another delay: the car will arrive a their facilities on the 24th of June (10th was the previous date). The good thing is that he assured me that spec and price are as ordered. Let’s wait and see…

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sorry to hear that VR1, That's a long time to be waiting to then be pushed back. Very disappointing. What Spec did you order?
When you state MY23 does that mean that you will still get teh car in the near future but it will be built to MY3, or are you in limbo and have to reorder a MY23?l

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had a call today from my dealer reporting yet another delay: the car will arrive a their facilities on the 24th of June (10th was the previous date). The good thing is that he assured me that spec and price are as ordered. Let’s wait and see…
Not great news but not the dreaded cancelled order or cost increase

701 - 720 of 736 Posts