Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
681 - 700 of 736 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
After reading your comments I'm hopeful my new car will arrive in the next week - but you all have me worried
Jaguar F-Pace R-Dynamic SE D200 (MY22) AWD Automatic MHEV Bluefire Blue with Black exterior pack and Ebony interior.
Ordered 3rd September 2021 – was told 6-9 months; was really hoping for the former
25th Jan 2022 – Build 18th March; At Retailer 1st April
7th March 2022 – Build 25th March; At Retailer 8th April Committed to Build date 3rd March 2022
21st March 2022 – Build 1st April; At Retailer 15th April
28th March 2022 – Build 1st April; At Retailer 15th April
4th April 2022 – In Build 1st April; At retailer 6th May
13th April 2022 - Built 22nd April; at Retailer 6th May
22nd April 2022 - Built; retailer requesting car from factory - 5th May
Retailer has been ok with the communications sending regular emails and videos since January every few weeks or so. Frustrated that the commit to build was 3rd March since update on 7th March and its going to take 2 months to build and get the car to the retailer – not going to pretend I understand the process but seems a long time. I had to make balloon payment on current car (Volvo XC60) by end of April – finance company would only extend by 1 month – was originally end March; so had to dip in to savings.
I am really hoping that these dates are now fixed – they’ve not changed since 4th April.
Retailer says he needs 2-3 days to check the card and do PDI – which again I don’t understand why it’s going to take so long.
CassieFly - what you have described above was the same for me - it 2 weeks from the factory to the dealer - I'm guessing they were waiting to fill the transporter before driving down to the South West. I picked mine up 2 weeks ago exactly the same spec that you have ordered!

·
Registered
4 Posts
CassieFly - what you have described above was the same for me - it 2 weeks from the factory to the dealer - I'm guessing they were waiting to fill the transporter before driving down to the South West. I picked mine up 2 weeks ago exactly the same spec that you have ordered!
Ian thanks that's good to know - I'm trying to be optimistic. - How are you enjoying the car? Did you get the interactive driver display as the dealer mentioned to me the factory may have replaced it for analogue but they won't know until its delivered:(

·
Registered
Awaiting P400E R-Dynamic SE, Portofino/Ebony, Black Pack, 20" 1067, Adaptive Response, Meridian
22 Posts
(I put this on the other related discussion, apologies if you're reading this twice). My P400E ordered Nov. is still showing as MY'22 and Mid June build on the Vista Sheet as of my dealer's update today. All the option (and standard) items as per spec. 🤞

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ian thanks that's good to know - I'm trying to be optimistic. - How are you enjoying the car? Did you get the interactive driver display as the dealer mentioned to me the factory may have replaced it for analogue but they won't know until its delivered:(
Really enjoying the car, nice, quiet and very smooth. Unfortunately no digital dash - I did complain - JLR will not offer any compensation, however I came to an arrangement with my dealer who provided good customer service unlike JLR.

·
Registered
Waiting on MY22 R-Dynamic HSE D300, ordered mid-Dec '21, now due "end of June"
149 Posts
(I put this on the other related discussion, apologies if you're reading this twice). My P400E ordered Nov. is still showing as MY'22 and Mid June build on the Vista Sheet as of my dealer's update today. All the option (and standard) items as per spec. 🤞
Good news worth repeating Peter, if nothing else we’ll have all these various experiences in one place for everyone to see and piece together what’s going on out there.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Really enjoying the car, nice, quiet and very smooth. Unfortunately no digital dash - I did complain - JLR will not offer any compensation, however I came to an arrangement with my dealer who provided good customer service unlike JLR.
I’d really like to get the digital dash as ordered, but it seems increasingly unlikely.

I think my stance on it has softened a bit though and it that’s the only thing missing and it arrives in the timeframe now being promised I’ll be OK. Having said that, as you point out, it’s a good bargaining point to get something else out of the dealer 😉

·
Registered
16 Posts
After complaining to the Manager at Jaguar Leeds, he just confirmed that my MY21 D200 R-Dynamic SE will most likely be a MY23 not an MY22. They also confirmed orders for MY22 were suspended and MY23 wasn't available as Jaguar are spending May resolving the backlog of orders and allocating production dates for those first depending on what parts they have available. No specification for MY23 is available yet. MY22 changes my order, ie, 20" 1067 Gloss Black wheels (MY21) became basic grey ones and you now have to pay £400 more for the MY21 wheels (left that one with them). They also confirmed no digital dash or 3D camera system going forward for now? What a mess, Jaguar appear to be in a much worse position that other brands?

Reactions: Ant-N

·
Registered
16 Posts
I’d really like to get the digital dash as ordered, but it seems increasingly unlikely.

I think my stance on it has softened a bit though and it that’s the only thing missing and it arrives in the timeframe now being promised I’ll be OK. Having said that, as you point out, it’s a good bargaining point to get something else out of the dealer 😉
See my post, looks unlikely on the digital dash, really disappointing :(

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ian, what arrangement did you come to (if you can share?), I imagine mine will be like yours.

Reactions: Ian H and CassieFly

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yep I'm in the same boat with JLR Leeds, ordered slightly after you in early June 2021 but communication has been none existent. Even when I chase them they basically know nothing.
Get the managers name and go around your sales person. If you have waited this long and the communications are poor, since I raised it the manager is now providing updates, no news but I've had two in a week which is two more than I've had since January!

·
Registered
149 Posts
No comms from the dealership today - car was due to be delivered today :(. Yet my car is at the dealership having PDI according to Jaguar Owners Club site got the VIN No. from one of the video updates. The salesman said he would phone me if the IDD was missing no news is good news - fingers crossed🤞
That’s a bit strange, but maybe they’re waiting for the PDI to complete before notifying you it’s ready to collect? Anyway I suppose the good news is it seems to be there and hopefully all will proceed smoothly.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ian, what arrangement did you come to (if you can share?), I imagine mine will be like yours.
Unable to share
All I will say is the dealer was very understanding and we came to arrangement that benefited me in the longer term

·
Registered
4 Posts
Collected car yesterday. Drives well and looks great - disappointed about the IDD - dealer was understanding and we came to an arrangement;). The tail gate close button is only close it doesn't lock the vehicle which is a disappointment - had both options on XC60 which was 4 years old so would have expected F Pace have have both options - Jag please note for future. The Analogue Dials with Central TFT Display is partially obscured by the steering wheel will need to look at adjusting the wheel and seat height to get better view - still early days.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
149 Posts
Collected car yesterday. Drives well and looks great - disappointed about the IDD - dealer was understanding and we came to an arrangement;). The tail gate close button is only close it doesn't lock the vehicle which is a disappointment - had both options on XC60 which was 4 years old so would have expected F Pace have have both options - Jag please note for future. The Analogue Dials with Central TFT Display is partially obscured by the steering wheel will need to look at adjusting the wheel and seat height to get better view - still early days.
View attachment 9283
Congratulations, it looks good! So from your order in early September to collection, I make that roughly 8 months - the average seems to be about 6-7, but there’s unfortunately still people waiting a year, so I’m not getting too optimistic just yet. Enjoy your new car 👍

·
Registered
93 Posts
The tail gate close button is only close it doesn't lock the vehicle which is a disappointment - had both options on XC60 which was 4 years old so would have expected F Pace have have both options
Perhaps not quite the same, but on my MY21 F-Pace, I lock the doors when I exit (by touching finger to circular detent on outshandle). If I then open and close the boot using button on boot hatch, the car remains locked and lights flash to confirm it is still locked.

So opening then closing the boot maintains the previous overall security status (locked or unlocked).

Perhaps this requires the Keyless Entry option.

·
Registered
Awaiting P400E R-Dynamic SE, Portofino/Ebony, Black Pack, 20" 1067, Adaptive Response, Meridian
22 Posts
A thought on the tailgate locking. If the FPACE is anything like my Discovery Sport (which, it sounds like, works in a similar way) I managed to lock the remote key in the boot when I opened the hatch with the side doors already locked 🤦‍♂️ The key was safely stowed in my sports bag...... I had to get my beloved to drive 40 miles with the spare 🙄

·
Registered
149 Posts
Just had a call from my dealer to tell me my order has been ‘unslotted’ by Jaguar, apparently this is due to shortages on the D300 engine! Although my order is “price protected” he has had no guidance from Jaguar on when it might now arrive and just to “keep checking VISTA”.

As I’m ill at the moment with the dreaded C19 lurgy I didn’t go into all the ins and outs, but did let him know I’d probably be looking to cancel my order as I’m not going to wait indefinitely.

Not the result I really wanted, but reading a lot of messages here it hasn’t really come as a massive surprise.

681 - 700 of 736 Posts