Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
341 - 360 of 804 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
ouch that’s almost May… when did you order it and what spec?
It’s kind of what I expected especially as this derivative is estimated at 9-12mths for brand new orders & I was told people with cancelled orders were already in the queue so to speak.

I’ve ordered a D300 R-Dynamic HSE (Eiger Grey, Black Pack, Siena Tan Leather Performance Seats, Privacy Glass, 22” Wheels with Red Calipers, Sliding Pan Roof).

Original order was 09/07/21 and then re-ordered as 22MY 24/09/21.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I’ve just received my first update with an anticipated delivery date since original 21MY order was cancelled and re-ordered as 22MY.

Current anticipated delivery date is 29/04/22.

Has anyone else with cancelled/re-ordered cars had any news on anticipated delivery?
I also placed my order on the 09/07/21 - unfortunately I haven't had any notification yet - when I last spoke to the dealer (approx 3 weeks ago) they had no updates and were still working on worst case scenario by Jun 22.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I also placed my order on the 09/07/21 - unfortunately I haven't had any notification yet - when I last spoke to the dealer (approx 3 weeks ago) they had no updates and were still working on worst case scenario by Jun 22.
Let us know when you do hear something.. it’d be good to get a picture of what’s going on.

Reactions: Ian H

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi - ordered F Pace S 200 in July and it turns up on Tuesday complete with the digital instrument upgrade I ordered as an option, Elger Grey with red leather, only other option is the spare wheel box is ticked. Notice I could sell it straight away and make 7k (!) but not going for that! So it joins my wife's 2021 F Pace as a matching pair (bit sad granted!). It replaces a 2020 5 Series which was fine but drab.

·
Registered
F-Pace D300 HSE. Hakuba Silver
49 Posts
Hi - ordered F Pace S 200 in July and it turns up on Tuesday complete with the digital instrument upgrade I ordered as an option, Elger Grey with red leather, only other option is the spare wheel box is ticked. Notice I could sell it straight away and make 7k (!) but not going for that! So it joins my wife's 2021 F Pace as a matching pair (bit sad granted!). It replaces a 2020 5 Series which was fine but drab.
I had to sign an undertaking not to sell my D300 HSE for 6 months before they would hand over the keys.

I thought it a bit odd but, as I had no intention of selling, I was content to comply.

I really feel for you guys who are having to wait for upto a year for your cars. I ordered mine at the end of June and collected it at the beginning of November.

Hope things improve for you all soon.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I had to sign an undertaking not to sell my D300 HSE for 6 months before they would hand over the keys.

I thought it a bit odd but, as I had no intention of selling, I was content to comply.
What gives them the right to do that? Was it on Jag finance?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Its an interesting one, I've bought my car on PCP and legally, the ownership of the car I suspect sits with Black Horse Finance, not sure. Either way, legally I can't see it being enforceable on a number of grounds. I haven't been asked to sign anything thus far and nor would I personally.

·
Registered
F-Pace D300 HSE. Hakuba Silver
49 Posts
What gives them the right to do that? Was it on Jag finance?
I did take a small car loan from JAG finance in order to take advantage of a significant extra discount. However. I will be paying off the loan after the first months payment. The rest of the car was paid for with cash.

I can't really say if the "no sale" requirement was related to the finance agreement or just Jaguar trying to prevent new owners selling their new cars as soon as they take delivery , in order to force potential new owners to buy direct from a Jaguar dealer rather than from a private individual.

In any case, it was not a problem for me so I agreed to accept the condition.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also ordered an F-Pace earlier this year, they told me the building date is August, and I still haven't received it. But you have to sympathize. I think that due to the epidemic, the supply of goods is limited, many components are not available to install, so instead of being impatient, we just wait calmly. Also heard that many people experience this delay, and during this time, costs and prices skyrocket. But luckily, I've waited until now and still haven't seen anything

·
Registered
69 Posts
I also ordered an F-Pace earlier this year, they told me the building date is August, and I still haven't received it. But you have to sympathize. I think that due to the epidemic, the supply of goods is limited, many components are not available to install, so instead of being impatient, we just wait calmly. Also heard that many people experience this delay, and during this time, costs and prices skyrocket. But luckily, I've waited until now and still haven't seen anything

I’ve waited exactly one year from order to delivery, at first the delivery was march but eventually the delivery was last week 🚘 it was worth the wait i can tell you 😬👍
Wheel Car Vehicle Tire Grille

·
Registered
68 Posts
Oh wow, thats excellent news, you must be over the moon; I wonder if they have decided to complete the build on mine too?

Make sure you come back and post pics when you pick her up!!

In other news, this was posted on the Velar forum today. I thought is pertinent as the Velar is made on the same production line at Solihull:

Pleased to say took delivery today of my Velar Edition in Santorini black. Absolutely beautiful. Nothing missing, interactive drivers display, 3-D surround camera, blindspot, Meridian 3D Surround system, Pano etc even suprisingly got two keys!

Managed finally to have a more relaxed chat to my dealer about the situation and all the things people are going through at the moment in this thread. Kind of echoed what we already know during September things were not looking too good orders being pushed back factory basically playing Russian Roulette with build slots, dealers being left with next to no information. Showed me a copy of how many times another customers build slot had changed. The build date had jumped to 3 different dates within the space of about 20 minutes.

The good news now is that the supply of parts coming in is more uniform now and the constraints are being lifted. Many orders with long build dates are coming forward considerably to the point where some customers will be looking at a months ahead of the original projected dates. Best to get an update now things have calmed down to see if your projections have changed, never know might be some nice surprises. He also said build dates haven’t been moving around anywhere near as much as they were before and most of the current projections are pretty accurate based on current handovers. Whether that will change again in the future is anybody’s guess but they are turning cars out with everything on them right now.

My build was November 19th car was built on the 16th. Handover 3rd December, collected today 30th November (although it was ready on 26th)

Reactions: LearnerDriver

·
Registered
11 Posts
Oh wow, thats excellent news, you must be over the moon; I wonder if they have decided to complete the build on mine too?

Make sure you come back and post pics when you pick her up!!

In other news, this was posted on the Velar forum today. I thought is pertinent as the Velar is made on the same production line at Solihull:

Pleased to say took delivery today of my Velar Edition in Santorini black. Absolutely beautiful. Nothing missing, interactive drivers display, 3-D surround camera, blindspot, Meridian 3D Surround system, Pano etc even suprisingly got two keys!

Managed finally to have a more relaxed chat to my dealer about the situation and all the things people are going through at the moment in this thread. Kind of echoed what we already know during September things were not looking too good orders being pushed back factory basically playing Russian Roulette with build slots, dealers being left with next to no information. Showed me a copy of how many times another customers build slot had changed. The build date had jumped to 3 different dates within the space of about 20 minutes.

The good news now is that the supply of parts coming in is more uniform now and the constraints are being lifted. Many orders with long build dates are coming forward considerably to the point where some customers will be looking at a months ahead of the original projected dates. Best to get an update now things have calmed down to see if your projections have changed, never know might be some nice surprises. He also said build dates haven’t been moving around anywhere near as much as they were before and most of the current projections are pretty accurate based on current handovers. Whether that will change again in the future is anybody’s guess but they are turning cars out with everything on them right now.

My build was November 19th car was built on the 16th. Handover 3rd December, collected today 30th November (although it was ready on 26th)
More good news my p400e arrived today , so going to see it on Saturday pick up on Tuesday morning 😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😎

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thats really good, I can only imagine your excitement!!

I got a phone call from another salesperson at the dealership today who had been asked to look after ‘handover’ for me and only one other whilst my original guy is on leave until mid next week.

A bit odd as he could only tell me i’m still due delivery this month but its been handed over as my salesperson is an ‘oracle’ with dates and thinks something is going to happen, who knows?

He said Vista updates on a Thursday so will be back in touch tomorrow.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Very nice John and very good news for you Kitty. Received today a new production date: May 2022, ordered February 2021, p400e se without changes or special demands, ... still looking forward to it...but do not understand it anymore...

·
Registered
68 Posts
More good news my p400e arrived today , so going to see it on Saturday pick up on Tuesday morning 😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😎
Call today form dealer advising that my P400e was loaded today and should be with them Monday/Tuesday and I should be able to collect at the back end of the week; over the moon!!

Ordered 21st June, MY21 with no bits missing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ordered D200 R-DYNAMIC SE early September. Contacted Customer service to get an update on delivery. So latest info which is subject to change is Mid April 2022. Well at least now I have some info!!! 71/2 months seems a long time?? The young woman I spoke to did say that the situation was improving. We live in hope:rolleyes::cautious::sneaky:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ordered D200 R-DYNAMIC SE early September. Contacted Customer service to get an update on delivery. So latest info which is subject to change is Mid April 2022. Well at least now I have some info!!! 71/2 months seems a long time?? The young woman I spoke to did say that the situation was improving. We live in hope:rolleyes::cautious::sneaky:
Out of interest, was that your first order in September or did you have an earlier order (MY21) cancelled?
My car was re-ordered as a 22MY on 24th September and so far is scheduled for 29th April 22 which seems to tie in with your timing.

At the time my MY21 order was cancelled, I was told that customers with cancelled orders would be prioritised over brand new orders as by end of April 22, I will have been waiting for 10 months since first ordering.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Out of interest, was that your first order in September or did you have an earlier order (MY21) cancelled?
My car was re-ordered as a 22MY on 24th September and so far is scheduled for 29th April 22 which seems to tie in with your timing.

At the time my MY21 order was cancelled, I was told that customers with cancelled orders would be prioritised over brand new orders as by end of April 22, I will have been waiting for 10 months since first ordering.
It was my original order, no cancelations. Though the young lady couldn't find my order by the Order ID. She did find it by name and post code. Gave me a new number to quote, so my order could have been put on the back burner???🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
32 Posts
My p400e was ordered early October and estimated delivery is Sept 22...hopefully it will be shorter but it is what it is..🙂

341 - 360 of 804 Posts